Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: If you need help with questions about going raw, check this out!
Posted by: dewey ()
Date: August 12, 2007 05:30PM

i found victoria delightful smiling smiley
patty

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: perbetty ()
Date: August 13, 2007 12:22AM

Victoria has a special place in my heart because she's the one who got me to go raw. Lightform, I agree with your list wholeheartedly. Dorit got me thinking, though. I'm going to start thanking my food.

Betty

"Don't believe everything you think."

--Bumper Sticker

Posted by: vegan john ()
Date: August 13, 2007 01:18PM

Hello F1,

I'm thoroughly enjoying the free talks and am listening in here in the U.K. It's great that they are keeping them for a 24 hr period for free (as it would be 1 a.m. here in the U.K.). So I'm totally loving just being able to go to the PC, at a convenient time for me within that 24 hr period, and listen to the podcasts for free.

I first heard about them via Shazzie's site too.

Just my personal opinion only:
I think (if any real money is being made out of this summit) it is most probably along the spiritual priniciple that when you give something away for free ... then the universe gives back to you ten fold. (So e.g. Victoria Boutenko gave her talk ... and some people will then go to her site and buy her books etc. Then she sells more books than she might have before. I think that is totally fine. I personally have totally no problem with that whatsoever. Afterall the listener has had 1 hour's worth of listening to her talk to see if the material in her books etc might be interesting to them. How often is one allowed to browse / read a book in a book store for 1 hour before deciding whether to buy it???).

I had already signed up for the summit talks via Shazzie's link and I don't care whether she makes some tiny amount of money out of me ... I say thanks Shazzie and all of you for letting me know about the talks ... Bless you all! ... I'm loving them!

F1 I shall be listening in to your talk and really look forward to it. Thank you!

John

Posted by: vegan john ()
Date: August 13, 2007 02:02PM

I've loved all the talks so far.

I listened to Gabriel Cousen's talk twice, because he is truly, truly awsome. He is such an amazingly spiritual person. I have loved all his books and was lucky enough to attend a talk of his last year in London where he also gave 'shaktipat' (which he talked about in his interview). It was an amazing experience and I could feel the light touch he gave me during shaktipat for days later. I also felt such joy for quite a long time after too. Also I felt a lot of heat / warmth in my body for some hours after. He has my sincere respect.

For those of you that might be interested in researching / delving deeper and finding out more about the breatharian type aspects of the talks. I can recommend the book:
'Autobiography of a Yogi' by Paramahansa Yogananda
(as well as Jasmuheen's talks / books etc).

As for the Codex / Conspiracy type stuff ... suggest e.g. Namaste Magazine ... see their website for more info:
[www.namastepublishing.co.uk].

Here in the U.K. we have already been having to fight for some time to keep our herbs / supplements and stuff ... with various petitions etc. It is still an ongoing battle ... recently they wanted to ban us being able to have goji berries.

John

Posted by: khale ()
Date: August 13, 2007 02:47PM

I've been wanting to say something these last few days of the Podcasts.

For the first time in my entire life I feel at "home". I've shared many interests with others before, but never have I felt such kinship with a group of people as I do those in the raw food movement.

I made some criticism of Dr. Cousens talk, and yet find myself wanting to read his books now and exploring what he has to offer a little more deeply. Actually this has been true of all the presenters, each of which has given me much to think upon.

Recently, I was reading the introduction to Echart Tolle's book, "The Power of Now" and he mentions that along with the scores of people who have been transformed by his message have been those who have classified it as nothing more than "mumbo jumbo". Apparently, one mans' mumbo jumbo is another mans transformative device. I want to remember this next time I criticize some ones' message. Perhaps the problem is not in the message, but in my ears.

khale

Date: August 13, 2007 03:34PM

khale Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> For the first time in my entire life I feel at
> "home". I've shared many interests with others
> before, but never have I felt such kinship with a
> group of people as I do those in the raw food
> movement.

> I want to
> remember this next time I criticize some ones'
> message. Perhaps the problem is not in the
> message, but in my ears.
>
> khale

that`s great kale smiling smiley it feels so good to be connected and comfortable with people...even those you`ve never "met". my hubby messes with me and says "are you plying with your cyber friends?" he`s just messin with me because he knows i get to feel like you`re all family LOL.

we have a tendency to criticize what we don`t understand or what we haven`t experienced. judgment for whatever reason is a first response alot of times and it takes some training and self discipline to rectify that. i`m a very humor filled person so i am off the wall alot and i never mean anything i say when it comes to smart aleck comments...it`s all in good humor. my problem is realizing that not everybody works that way smiling smiley
patty

Posted by: anaken ()
Date: August 13, 2007 04:01PM

Sure

whatever Gabe's doing is working for him

nothing wrong with magic just inconsistency in my opinion..

either the world is a giving magicaly place, or its out to get you and destroy you and take away your vegetables and your own hope is X product. Which makes me think he's still the 'spiritual MD'. Makes sense why he feels he needs to talk about himself in the thrid person to distance him from that.

Still the good stuff is flowing out of em'

like with most these folks...

its all a matter of: Does this information resonate with me...or NOT right NOW?

The only mumbo jumbo IS in our own heads...its like with Dorit's talk,,I listened to it with someone and they threw a scoffing fit when she said how her growers talk to their soil...like was completely unaccepting to it, as if she had no integrity with anything else she would possibly say...even though she followed it up with a type of 'proof':

that children do this instinctively

gather what you can

------------

Khale,

welcome home smiling smiley

Date: August 13, 2007 04:09PM

Yeah there's something for everybody with these talks, even if I don't agree with stuff it's still great to be around like minded people.

F1

Posted by: perbetty ()
Date: August 13, 2007 06:27PM

Guess what?! I went to the dentist and found out I have a lot of little tiny cavities!! Thanks to Victoria Boutenko, now I will try to drink 2 quarts of green smoothies a day. Yikes!

(No, I haven't been taking calcium, and no, I haven't been drinking green drinks every morning--often just a small salad in a day, so yes, I had this coming.)

Betty

"Don't believe everything you think."

--Bumper Sticker

Posted by: fresh ()
Date: August 14, 2007 01:29AM

nice job Brendan. Solid..

Posted by: Lightform ()
Date: August 15, 2007 02:51AM

Just a comment about anakens magic, and things like the benifit of talking to soil and plants or David Wolfes ormus etc etc...

Conventional thought tends to rule out with prejudice, all things which are not commonly accepted ideas without any analysis of thier credability.
We tend to learn a truth and then resist any idea which is alternative to it.

Our science is actualy an ever evolving process of using our imagination in the form of hypotheses to develop new and more suitable ways to describe our reality based on what we observe, yet it is always far from being a complete understanding.

"Super natural" phenomenon are often just forces or phenomenon which we are simply unfamiliar with or have incomplete understanding of. In order to advance our understanding of ourselves and our reality we have to be ready to allow our currently held ideas of our definitive state of existence to evolve... i.e change.

So I would recommend approaching these issues with an open mind and allowing them the benifit of being possable if not actualy agreeing with them. There are plenty of repeatable tests and observations within all areas or our scientific community which suggest that there is definately a connection between all things, and that conscious thought has a huge impact on what is actualy real.
Thats my thoughts anyhow.

Date: August 17, 2007 05:54PM

How you guys liking it so far?

F1

Date: August 17, 2007 06:02PM

Lightform Wrote:
> Just a comment about anakens magic, and things
> like the benifit of talking to soil and plants or
> David Wolfes ormus etc etc...
>
> Conventional thought tends to rule out with
> prejudice, all things which are not commonly
> accepted ideas without any analysis of thier
> credability.
> We tend to learn a truth and then resist any idea
> which is alternative to it.
>

i think of it differently.

I think that resistance to new ideas happens.

however, i am generally open to new ideas if they are presented with some kind of evidence for their truth. there is none for ormus. and there is none for asking plants when they are ready.

Date: August 17, 2007 06:15PM

lovin it f1...again thanks for the link smiling smiley i bet maca sales will go up just because of matt`s talking about the sex last night LOL
patty

Date: August 17, 2007 06:39PM

dewey Wrote:
> lovin it f1...again thanks for the link smiling smiley i bet
> maca sales will go up just because of matt`s
> talking about the sex last night LOL
> patty

Yeah but if he was keeping fit he's be able to do it longer!!!

Ha,ha,ha!!!!

F1

Date: August 18, 2007 09:32PM

ARRRGGHHH!!!!

I'm next....

F1

Date: August 18, 2007 09:35PM

The Fruitarian One Wrote:
> ARRRGGHHH!!!!
>
> I'm next....
>
> F1

can`t wait!! smiling smiley knock em dead!
patty

Date: August 20, 2007 06:39PM

it's on now...
[www.rawsummit.com]

Date: August 20, 2007 09:38PM

nice job F1.

kudos to all summit speakers for putting themselves out there.

Posted by: khale ()
Date: August 20, 2007 11:26PM

I enjoyed your discussion F1. I was left with the conviction that I should never look at another person again and say to myself that they will never, and that includes myself. There is this urge now to throw myself just a little bit closer to the edge. Thanks for that.

khale

Date: August 20, 2007 11:40PM

khale Wrote:
> I enjoyed your discussion F1. I was left with the
> conviction that I should never look at another
> person again and say to myself that they will
> never, and that includes myself. There is this
> urge now to throw myself just a little bit closer
> to the edge. Thanks for that.
>
> khale
Do it man!!!

F1

Posted by: rawgosia ()
Date: August 21, 2007 12:56AM

Hi F1, I've just started listening to your talk. I am amazed at how similar my personal experiences are to yours past experiences when you were finding yourself drawn to fruit. It is like reading someone's old diary and finding out that it is happening to me! Well, it is good to know when one can end up afterwards. Of course, the choice is mine.

Gosia

RawGosia channel
RawGosia streams

Posted by: anaken ()
Date: August 21, 2007 02:00AM

it was great

of course there were two things that particularly need to be emphasized more and very glad you were the one to bring them up.

on how the issues, emotions, anger, teeth, deficiencies etc..are all related to CLEANSING, and not to fruits or lack of whatever.

and how a cleansing foods - or even refraining from foods - is not necessarily designed to deal with the bulk of toxins, and damaged organs from our previous habits and inheritance

the value I took myself, as often as I DO implement what I learn, admittedly many times I return to old habits and thoughts and rely on things feeling good instead of being good or questioning when things don't feel good - maybe too much. in the future i'll have to remind myself how non-excellent this is...while..I slip...
on the banana peel..lol

it could be your thoughts...

[www.writerwriterwriter.com]
[www.lulu.com]

short and sweet....and DEEP

_____________________________________________________ ...and FREE

Posted by: rawgosia ()
Date: August 21, 2007 02:37AM

And, I hope that link [www.rawsummit.com] will remain as is for future reference??

Gosia

RawGosia channel
RawGosia streams

Date: August 21, 2007 01:54PM

Hey thanks guys!!!!

I think the links are only available to people that upgraded....

after that they are not available.

F1

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: August 21, 2007 03:30PM

awesome talks smiling smiley really enjoyed listening to you last night F1 !! thank you so much again for passing the links on smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: Lightform ()
Date: August 24, 2007 06:04AM

Darn I missed a few I realy wanted to hear.. the brenden brazier, matt monarch and F1 smiling smiley
The rest were excellent !

Pages: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables