Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Menstruation
Posted by: nowheyjose ()
Date: July 31, 2007 05:30AM

Before i stopped eating meat I remember a friend of mine who was raised vegetarian telling me that her period was different than most on the SAD diet. She told me her period only lasted a few hours, and said it was rare that she bled. She went on to tell me how menstruation is a womans body cleaning itself out and she said if she was on a SAD diet her body would be dirtier and full of toxins and would cause alot more work out the body to clean itself, causing the mood swings and attititudes usually associated to a woman having her period. Oh and as far as the bleeding she that was rare and she would get a some kind of white discharge instead.

Can anyone hear support this claim, or can some of u ladies tell me your personal experiences with your diet change and menstruation change respectively. If I knew this was indeed a fact It would give me another tool when it comes to convincing the females in my family to eat better. I have two sisters and a mom that need help bad.

"we live in a cycle of pain and addiction, andlose the motivation to change the condition"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/31/2007 05:32AM by nowheyjose.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Menstruation
Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: July 31, 2007 05:37AM

here [www.rawfoodsupport.com] check that thread smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: vegangoddess ()
Date: July 31, 2007 05:39AM

My periods became lighter after turning vegan-lighter, pain free for the most part and lasts about 3-4 days (all together, to be completely "clear"winking smiley For me, it was a big improvement. It`s even better, much better when I`m high raw and eat lots of fresh fruits and vegetables and I`m not too stressed. Stress makes everything worse.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/31/2007 05:43AM by vegangoddess.

Posted by: venusian ()
Date: July 31, 2007 01:24PM

during the detox phase, everything got heavier...now I only menstruate when I add on xtra nuts and many avos...or about once a season..and I'm pain free after years of veeerrrrrry bad cramps : D

peace
Venusian

Posted by: islandgirl ()
Date: July 31, 2007 03:26PM

I am very curious about this phenomenon as well. I have always had irregular periods of varying duration. This past month I had my first 28 day cycle ever and it only lasted 4 days.Ive been about 80% raw for 2 months now.

Posted by: Melanie ()
Date: July 31, 2007 08:45PM

Here's an article stating that it's not so natural: [www.waldorfhomeschoolers.com]

Posted by: venusian ()
Date: July 31, 2007 09:34PM

great article !

Posted by: sunshine79 ()
Date: August 01, 2007 12:57AM

My periods def got lighter, they've always been on the light side (I've also always been a lifetime eater of raw fruits & veggies)... but they're super light now. And Im not even that thin, so I know it's not anorexia or anything like that. I've been 5'2 and 120 lbs for the past year.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables