Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Many become better on rawfoods and some get worse, why...
Posted by: rawdev ()
Date: April 16, 2006 08:19PM

It's interesting (meaning awesome) and strange (meaning how or why) for many people to reap benefits from rawfoods and some become deficient or struggle.
Why?
Especially for those who follow rawfoods towards the 100 percentile?

Someone who eats & follows 100% yet falls flat on their face from shortcomings, or should I say gets smacked in the face with deficiencies.........

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Many become better on rawfoods and some get worse, why...
Posted by: Funky Rob ()
Date: April 16, 2006 08:23PM

It's not the eating 100% that matters, it's making sure you get a blanced diet. It's entierly possible to eat a diet which is 100% raw and deficient in certain nutrients. Just think about it - eating 100% raw but only eating fruit is going to give very different results to eating fruit, greens, nut and seeds.

Rob

--
Rob Hull - Funky Raw
My blog: [www.rawrob.com]

Date: April 16, 2006 08:38PM

Thanks Rob,

I just wish it wasn't so stressful/worrisome in trying to find what's right?
6 plus years of 100% raw eating and can't grasp my down-falls,

Sometimes I wonder if I went back to my old ways of eating and I did feel/get better I'd be really confused...

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: April 16, 2006 08:46PM

Look:

In the end, you are never going to know the exact truth. YOU have to do the research - and perhaps even experiment. You CAN go with the many pioneers or gurus who have gone before you......and choose to eat a balanced diet based on their recommendations - but you'll still have to make adjustments for yourself.

-Just make a decision about what YOU have determined to be the healthiest foods and lifestyles. Make the decision, take some action, and be content with accepting responsibility for the results. What else can anyone do in life?

-The only thing you have control over on a moment-to-moment basis is your attitude.

-David Mason

Date: April 16, 2006 09:01PM

Hey David, Happy Birthday! (if it was on 4/13)

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 17, 2006 01:03AM

Hi rawdev,

What type of raw foods diet do you
eat? I follow the recommendations
of people such as Norman Walker,
Jay The Juiceman Kordich, Brian
Clement, and Ann Wigmore. Their
diets have been proven to work
and I feel healthier every day.

How much juice do you drink on
a daily basis?

Exercise is another big part of
the equation. You can eat the
healthiest superfoods on the
planet and will still be unhealthy
if you do not exercise correctly.

Good luck!

Date: April 17, 2006 04:21AM

davidzanemason
<< -Just make a decision about what YOU have determined to be the healthiest foods and lifestyles. Make the decision, take some action, and be content with accepting responsibility for the results. What else can anyone do in life? >>

Pay attention to the results and adjust your approach as necessary.

To the OP : I have no doubt that "raw food" works (as it does for every single other species on the planet). It's just a matter of finding the balance that works for you. There are some folks who can eat twenty-two pounds of fruit a day, there's some dude on another forum who eats four pounds of raw chicken. Whatever floats your boat. Of course, just be honest with yourself and make sure your boat is really floating. It can only stay above water for so long on intention alone. winking smiley

But rest assured. The raw diet works. In my experience, the raw vegan diet works. With that in mind educate yourself and experiment. Buena suerte. smiling smiley

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: April 17, 2006 05:01AM

Certainly there are issues of either deficiencies or over eating of certain substances, whether it be fruit or fat. But there is also a psychological/emotional/spiritual issue at work as to why given the same set of circumstances, one person will heal and another will get sicker.

One of the things that happens on the raw diet is that a person has access to more energy for their healing (assuming they aren't eating fat all the time, or that they aren't overeating all the time). For a person with a healthy mind and attitude, this leads to healing of the body. But for a person who has doubts about the diet, or that they don't really love themselves, or that a person believes that they unconsciously need to be sick, it is quite easy to manifest sickness in the body, especially with all the energies that are available from the raw diet.

Each of us has the ability to manifest health or sickness in the body. Certainly a raw diet will help. But given a strong enough subconscious motive, and the energies that are available from the raw diet, it is totally possible to manifest sickness.

If for yourself, you've played with all the possibilities of different raw dietary choices, you might seek out a spiritual solution. This would involve finding a teacher that is trained to help people see their unsconscious motivations and to replace them with a set of beliefs that lead to a healthy and disease free life.

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: April 17, 2006 05:10AM

rawdev,

I wrote an article on why some folks don't heal on the raw diet.

Posted by: lisa m ()
Date: April 17, 2006 02:47PM

great perspective Bryan, thanks

Date: April 17, 2006 03:14PM

Thanks, Bryan, for the quotes about Children.

Date: April 17, 2006 05:59PM

what about macrobiotic jin-jang perspective?

eating all raw, with fruit and vegetables as majority of the diet, one would mostly consume jin energy - cooling, watery, female principle. and while this may be good to active/male/hot pnciple, in terms of cooling down body fire, certainly may cause some disbalances when this is not the case.

I speak from my limited experience, and for what I've read about marobiotic principles.
In summer period I have no problem eating 100% raw, feeling great. also while physicaly active, fruit does seem like the food that agrees with me most.

But, in wintertime I found it impossible to eat 100% raw, hell, even 50% seems too much, fruits make me freezing cold, make my nose runny, and as for brain activity I find I cannot think straight, it seriously interferes with my ability to lead a normal day-to-day life.

I know this is a raw foods board so I can only hope not to be bashed for mentioning macrobiotics, but I would like to hear what others have to say...

Posted by: fresherthanlife ()
Date: December 07, 2012 06:43AM

Listening to your body is, from my experience, the best thing you can do. An "all raw" diet of nothing but cashews and dates isn't balanced, and would take a backseat to a balanced Mediterranean diet, etc. Does that mean it's better? No, because I could drink red wine and eat nothing but olives, and that Mediterranean diet is no longer so healthy. As has been posted above, it's all about balance.

[fresherthanlife.com]

Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: December 07, 2012 10:16AM

It also has to do with the brain. People try to keep an image especially if you are known as a guru. I know a raw foodist that teaches raw food but her color has been getting worse. It may have to do with some internal organ. But the point is that since this person is a guru then she won't listen to nobody. It is easy to make mistakes. It is easy to pedal in the wrong direction. Sometimes what saves you is not what you eat but what you don't eat. Sometimes what you need is what you less expect. Sometimes your eyes see better in the contrast of the dark. Sometimes you fail to see.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables