Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Kombucha
Posted by: the enchantress ()
Date: August 23, 2007 06:10PM

Just discovered the amazing-ness of kombucha!!! Found bottles of it, raw, on a trip to Seattle. I'm from Vancouver, BC...anyone know where to get it up here? Does anyone make their own?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Kombucha
Posted by: Mosaica ()
Date: August 23, 2007 06:50PM

Hey,

I make my own but I'm on the Sunshine Coast not in Vancouver. However, I got mine from Vancouver and there is a link where I found someone who gave me a baby:

[kombuchatea.tribe.net]

so post a topic and you'll get help soon just I did. smiling smiley

Good luck!

Posted by: kwan ()
Date: August 24, 2007 03:16AM

Not to be contrary-- I love kombucha too!-- but I just happened to read this e-mail message less than a minute ago about kombucha on another list, and maybe the information is worth sharing, for whatever it's worth:

The person said:
"Friends: I tested a kombucha drink witha $3600 pH/ORP meter and it tested about 3 on the pH scale.........about the acidity of a can of soda pop. The pH scale runs from 0 to 14 with 7 being neutral. Anything under 7 is acidic and anything over 7 is alkaline. Anything with a pH of 3 would not be a good choice as it will acidify the body. pH paper is made to test mainly urine and saliva and may not give accurate results when testing other fluids as most pH paper is made to test between a pH of about 5 and 8."

Hmmm... I'll probably think twice about drinking those kombucha drinks now.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: sunshine79 ()
Date: August 24, 2007 03:21AM

ooh I used to love that stuff, I discovered it a few months into raw and was for a time quite addicted to it... I think it has very good properties for balancing the body... after several months though it lost its appeal, I guess it did its job and then my body's tastes moved on.

Posted by: sunshine79 ()
Date: August 24, 2007 03:29AM

As far as acidifying the body, that pH measure may not be an accurate indicator - Lemons, for instance, are one of the most alkalinizing foods yet they are clearly acid... some acids actually alkalinize, and I'm pretty sure kombucha is in that category. For me, anyway, it had that unmistakable alkalinizing feeling. My guess is that acids aid in digestion, and that's how raw plant acids can have an alkaline final outcome.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables