Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

delicate fragile skin.
Posted by: applebaby ()
Date: August 31, 2007 05:31PM

maybe this is weird, but i've noticed since going raw (about a month and a half ago) that my skin is a lot more delicate and fragile. like i get cuts on my hands every day, i don't know how, it just happens really easily. my skin used to be a lot thicker and tougher when i was cooked. i used to use this face exfoliator every day on my face, and the other day i used it jsut like i used to every day, and i got scratches on my faec! my skin has really improved, and i mean it doesn't take very long for the cuts & scratches to heal, but yeah! has anyone else noticed this?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: delicate fragile skin.
Posted by: fuzzysox ()
Date: August 31, 2007 07:50PM

ur detoxing, the same exact thing happened 2 me
it may take a bit..maybe even months but yor skin will be far stronger and healthier than before ..just hang in there :]
u could maybe even try something 2 help speed up the detox like a juice fast or low fat raw... it works like magic

Date: September 01, 2007 03:13PM

ok thanks, i didnt know that eventially it would change. i feel really bad though because it was my birthday last night and normally i dont drink ever ever in fact i hadnt drank a sip for months and monts but i had like 3 drinks! bahhh now i have to cleanse this out !! this sucks. i wonder what the best way to cleanse is? maybe i can pick up a book on juice cleansing or something. i dont plan on drinking again jsut so you know and the only reason i let myself was becuase it was my very special day when i can do anythiung i want. but gross! i have been eating almost all fruit lately because they are very cleansing ive heard. anyways thanks.

Posted by: veggiel0ve ()
Date: September 01, 2007 04:00PM

fuzzysox--
hey i read your message in the other post and u said that you lost 30 pounds and your acne cleared up,and ur scars are healing.
how long have you been raw? and what do u eat? are u following 80/10/10?
i have been raw for a couple months now, and i still need to loose a lot of weight, and still have pretty bad acne. i can't figure out what the deal is.
thanks!

Posted by: life101 ()
Date: September 01, 2007 09:05PM

You cannot use the same products on your skin as SAD as the body is more sensitive. I changed my shampoo, soap, toothpaste regimen, etc. I don't wear regular make-up, etc.

Date: September 01, 2007 10:17PM

hey veggiel0ve
i have been raw on and off 100% for 6 months
the first 4-5 months were extremely hard
i was extremely addicted 2 cooked foods, and was very toxic as a result of how i lived before
i know six months sounds like a long time,, and it was while i was going through it...but u will come out so happy in the end
i didnt start seeing real results until the 5-6th month bc i was eating high fat raw, just 2 stay raw, up until that point
for the past month i have been 80-10-10 and really starting 2 see a change
fat is good for the body but eating it in large amounts is not good if u have acne, and are trying 2 lose weight/ detox, even if it is raw
i think i was at a stand still for those first 4 months bc of my fat intake... but that is ok bc the fat was what was keeping me raw..and eventually i was strong enough 2 cut back on it

ok what will really help is a very strong face regime, eating low fat (if u kno u can, dont force yorself), SUN!!, and keeping yourself busy w/ exercise or watever all day so u dont think about food ( im talking about wen ur bored and so u eat cuz theres nothing else 2 do)

try and get one of those microdermabrasion face cloths, u can get them on ebay theyre not expensive, theyre like 10 bucks,, they work wonders
wenever i would exfoliate with my cleanser i would always feel like my face was still clogged up..so i would use the cloth and omgosh, i was right,,, it will clear off ALL the dead junk stuck on your face

then get a gentle cleanser one with antibacterial essential oils, that will help tighten the pores and heal the skin [if yor acne is really bad id try something with 10% glycolic acid or saylicilic acid...even tho those things arent good 4 u in the long run, 4 the time being they will help)

then get something that will help bring the pimples up 2 the surface [especially cysts] arnica face gel works great 4 that..plus it is extremely antibacterial

then get a moissturizer WITH OIL bc your face needs it 2 heal
a good one 2 wear during the day that has no oil is one on rawfood.com that has fresh aloe and 10% msm which is VERY good 4 acne and acne scars..its like 10 bucks

what i use at night is filtered jojba oil {it matches our own skins oil almost exactly] so it absorbs right in,, and then i put on rosa mesquite oil on the scars and this makes them fade/ dissappear

all this is pretty inexpensive and most of it u can find at a health food store,
rawfood.com has somepretty good face moisturizers and washes so u could try them

most importantly stay active, positive [ the acne WILL heal and eventually stop], eat well, and above all LAUGH... i swear 2 u laughing heals ;]

i hope this helps srry it is so long :p

Posted by: life101 ()
Date: September 01, 2007 10:53PM

fuzzy, You've become so wise and balanced on your journey. Congratulations.

Posted by: dewey ()
Date: September 02, 2007 01:13AM

applebaby Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
. i feel really bad though because it was my
> birthday last night and normally i dont drink ever
> ever in fact i hadnt drank a sip for months and
> monts but i had like 3 drinks!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! imo all you need to do is get back on track. maybe a few extra green cleansing juices smiling smiley don`t beat yourself up
patty

Date: September 02, 2007 03:33AM

thank you so much fuzzy sox. u know i have been high high raw for almost 8 months and i still have acne. i dont even eat too much fat. i dont know i have been thinking a lot about 80/10/10 and am going to get the book and try all the GREAT advice u gave me.
i really appreciate it so much!!!!! blessings

Posted by: Ashcat ()
Date: September 02, 2007 04:31AM

I've found that drinking water made an enormous difference in my skin.

I never had problem skin when I was younger, and then -lo and behold- I was suddenly 27 with bonafide acne.

Now, 1 month raw, my skin has totally cleared up. I try to drink at least 2-3 liters of water per day, minimum, and really think this has as much effect as my diet.

Also, I try to eat a moderate amount of skin-healthy fats w/ vitamin E - mainly avocado, with some almonds, flax & coconut. They really add a smoothness to my complexion.

Date: September 02, 2007 04:26PM

thanks patty i had a great birthday !!! i don't have a really good juicer but yesterday i had this green salad with baby lettuces, red&green chard, mizuna, argula, mache, frisee, radicchio, parsely, dill &cilantro. i think i really needed something in there because it was sooooo satisfying and gave this really great feeling inside. anyways by the end of the day i had felt like my body already cleaned itself out because i felt fine again. so i continue on !!!

yeah drinking a LOT of water can have a super good effect on your skin, even if you get 'enough' water, drinking a bit more can make a difference i think. i would get acne even at 20 but when i went raw my skin was getting a lot more hydration and cleansing and my skin is a lot clearer now. this is something a bit different but i always sued to look really tired all the time and have lines under my eyes but that too is dissappearing.

Date: September 06, 2007 04:03PM

what is arnica face gel??
i got an msm/aloe gel from rawfood.com

(((((Ingredients: OptiMSM 15% (Organic Sulfur - MethylSulfonylMethane), Organic Aloe Extract (200:1), Organic Herbal Extracts: Fresh Green Tea, Fresh Turmeric, Fresh Arnica, Fresh Ginger Root and Fresh Peppermint Leaf, Xanthan Gum (Vegetable Protein), Menthol Crystals, and Triple UV Treated Deionied Water.)))

do u think i should get a moisturizer too?
thanks!!

Date: September 06, 2007 09:00PM

hey veggie :]

im glad u got the msm, that will really help
u can see in the ingredients that there is already arnica in the gell

the brand of arnica i use right now is nelsons acne gel.. its basically arnica with a couple other holistic ingredients in it.. u should b able 2 find it at your health food store, or is there not one near you?

i would deffinately get a moisturzer, the msm cream isnt very moisturizing, its like aloe, there are no beneficial oils in it

the moisturizing oil i use is heather loraine filtered jojoba oil, its like $6... but i only use that bc i cant afford 2 get the other moisturizer i want.. it does work very good though mixed with a little essential oils, and it helps the rosa mesquite (rose hip seed oil) soak in much better

i would try something light, nothing with coconut oil, until your skin is fully healed

maybe you could try another creme from rawfood.com

just look for pureness, most of the creams on there are probably alright to use on irritated acne... they are deffinately potent no doubt

the most important thing is to make sure you get the cloth, because applying these things on your face on cloged skin, which i guarantee you it is even if you use a scrub, will cause it to break out, but applying oils on totally clean skin helps it heal, and become extremely soft and firm

if u need any more help u can just send me an email about whatever
hope this all helps :]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables