Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

NH-Making it work
Posted by: Mislu ()
Date: September 23, 2007 05:28AM

Firstly, I believe I am taking serious steps in the right direction towards finding a greater sense of well being. Still I find it incredibly difficult. The information on NH seems so simple, straightforward, and makes sense. But, I do find there can be quite a difference between what is written and spoken about, and what actually occurs.

I actually find the information expressed about NH very eye opening. But, in a way, I don't like some of the information. Its very good, but I find it rather disturbing just how 'far out and away' humanity is from a natural and ideal situation. Not just diet, but our general way of life collectively. Its nice to know that inprovements can be made, but it takes committment. Habits can be difficult to change. I'm working on it.

Today I went to two vegetarian resturants. I didn't stay 100% raw, but I was much, much closer. I did order a bowl of fruit, but I was really quite disappointed, the fruit was of rather poor quality. In both resturants however, I was amazed at how many items contained processed white flour, and sugar. Both also had deep fried items. The majority of the items on the menu also had some dairy product, and or egg product. Somehow I was expecting the resturants to be more vegan in nature, not have any processed foods, and emphasize raw more.

I'm just barely getting started, and I feel really disappointed at myself and the world. Its difficult for me not to judge, but I am really wondering why things are the way they are. Is it that difficult to do the right thing? I feel like 'why is everything so messed up?'

I am hoping that going vegetarian at least will help going towards something better and beyond. I know that I have a lot of habits to change, and perception to change. Honestly it felt a little weird not ordering a class of wine to sip at dinner, and going meatless at a resturant. I've been vegetarian before, for several years, and it didn't seem difficult then, I am not sure why it seems that way now.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: NH-Making it work
Posted by: flex4life ()
Date: September 23, 2007 06:36AM

what is NH?

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: dewey ()
Date: September 23, 2007 04:28PM

flex4life Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> what is NH?

i believe it stands for natural hygiene

Posted by: dewey ()
Date: September 23, 2007 04:30PM

mislu-it is depressing i know. just take heart in the fact that you are trying to do what is right and natural. we can make a difference one by one. as raw foods become more mainstream hopefully more food places will offer more options for us...just like with vegetarians smiling smiley

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: September 23, 2007 09:08PM

Hi Mislu,

That's great that you are making movement into a healthier lifestyle. Going vegetarian is a great next step.

As I have raised my consciousness over the years, sometimes I have found it hard to look back at the way I lived before I had some consciousness around diet and lifestyle. Because back then I didn't understand the relationship between lifestyle and health, and certainly there was not an abundance of information in the places I was looking (well, truthfully I wasn't looking too hard).

But back then I was doing the best I knew how with the knowledge I had at the time. That's the thing about consciousness, the more you have, the more painful the past can seem. But I would rather face the pain of the unconscious place from where I am standing now than to be unaware of my options like I used to be.

In any case, this it totally exciting that you are getting interested in the science and art of healthful living.

Date: September 24, 2007 05:03AM

Bryan,
Why thank you. Its nice to know that there is always this board, so at least there is one source of support, encouragement. I still sometimes have trouble with some of the ideas of NH, but looking over my periods of experiementation, it seems like there is an abundance of truth. I felt better and got improved health, but it was sort of a mixed bag. Some aspects I really liked, like how incredible it was to breathe better, no stuffy nose. (my nose on cooked is largely so stuff that I can't smell) And passing stools that was kind of a trip. I never experienced completely effortless stool passing like that. I also had incredible salivation. A few years ago, I barely produced any salivia.

On the down side, I also had some sort of spaciness, and disconnected feeling, that I didn't care for. And also sometimes a feeling of intense tiredness. Actually that sort of alternated, because sometimes I did feel much more energetic. But I guess these are some symptoms of adjustment, which I hope will go away.

I am planning on eating much more raw foods, but I did buy some limited amounts of canned organic vegan foods. I don't know whats the best transitional stratagy. But I got those to fall back on, so I don't eat worse things, like visiting the vending machine.

Me and my partner talked about some of these things during dinner at the resturant. I think its difficult for both of us because its sort of a downer for him that I'm not as interested in our usual routine of eating at our favorite resturant. He thinks that the cook has to create something special, and fuss over something so you don't have to. I thought it was just a way to socialize and share a meal together. He doesn't think there is any point of going to a resturant just to eat a salad and some fruit.

Posted by: badawie ()
Date: September 24, 2007 12:55PM

Mislu, I know you mean about the up and down side. I too am greatly enjoying similar ups, but the downs are getting to me a little. I'm glad you mentioned the 'disconnected' feeling, thought I was the only one..I kind of feel like all I want to do is go live in a garden where I can bask in the sun and eat fruit that have fallen from the trees (like I used to in my garden growing up). Unfortunately this makes me feel apprehensive about functioning in an office environment.

I also hear ya about the restaurant thing...same here

Date: September 24, 2007 07:25PM

Badawie,
Yes, there is very little natural living in the corporate world, at least how most are run. Where I work, the guys are all buying deep friers and getting excited about that, thats what I heard about all day, and they were looking at things to make. Some were just so incredibly horrific to even look at. I am keeping quiet, because I know I won't be understood or appreciated. I am trying to make peace with the fact that I will probably not be understood, but I am getting more comfortable that that is the way it is. Just because a lot of people make particular choices, doesn't mean they are good ones.

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: September 24, 2007 08:05PM

i dont like being understood .... i much prefer to be an enigma smiling smiley

who wants to be *normal* yuck !

talk to your favorite restaurant about your diet and im sure the chef will be happy to whip up something for you . .i do this all the time

tell your sweetie that the meal is less important then the time spent with him @ the meal smiling smiley ego stroke !

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Date: September 25, 2007 02:51AM

Jgunn,
Those are some great points. Today one of my co-workers asked me if I was feeling ok, I said yes. He replied your so quiet. I am normally, but I am even more so these days. I told him that didn't mean anything bad. I am finding that silence is so golden for me. I am finding that there is alot I don't understand. That bumper sticker "question reality" really means something for me. I am open to more posibilities than I ever thought possible. I am excited to see what happens, and what other things I discover.

I think I will do that if we ever go to the place again, and call ahead to see what he would charge for a plate of really good fruit. But I don't know if that will be an issue. I think we have both changed. I feel much more in tune with my emotions, and I am much more sensitive to nuiance, I think my parter is as well, even though i don't know if hes going to go all the way, but I hope so. He actually says he doesn't like this place anymore

Date: September 25, 2007 02:59AM

I feel so changed! Its a lot easier than I thought!

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: September 25, 2007 03:05AM

Thats great Mislu. What did you find easier than you thought?

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: September 25, 2007 03:14AM

theres a resort place out here called the harrison hot springs hotel and the chef there has gotten to know me when i call ahead and she brings out her *creation* to me personally

she loves the challenge of making something besides the everyday lambchops and steak heheh

a good chef will apreciate the challenge smiling smiley

she makes the wickedest wild greens salads for me with a pressed mandarin orange and cherry juice salad dressing

amazing smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: kwan ()
Date: September 25, 2007 03:52AM

I really like this thread-- makes me feel warm and fuzzy and happy reading about Mislu's transformation and reading all your responses. (I LOVE this forum!)

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Date: September 25, 2007 07:28PM

Kwan,
I feel warm and fuzzy too. Its really like coming home! I want to thank you and everyone else for your patience. I took a leap of faith to try it again and I am glad I did.

Date: September 25, 2007 07:29PM

Bryan,
I just did it! Its so much easier than trying to understand everything before you start.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables