Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

It's hard go out with friend by eating raw, any suggestions?
Posted by: ferdiewen ()
Date: October 03, 2007 01:17AM

I think it's too extreme for some of my friend think I am vagan raw so I told them as long as vegetarian restaurant would be fine. However, I don't like some cooked veggie dishes but I don't want always order a plain salad either. How do you guys keep your raw eating habit without losing friends? thks

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: It's hard go out with friend by eating raw, any suggestions?
Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: October 03, 2007 01:31AM

Opinion:

-Don't make eating an issue. Eat before you leave....bring a snack in your pocket....and go where your friends / family want to go. Let them know you are there to spend time with THEM. Order a glass of water and be content....you have nothing to be ashamed or defensive about. YOU can choose to not eat....or eat the small snack you've brought. Your friends/family might even feel even closer to you for 'sacrificing' for them! Ha! ha! As if not eating some of that stuff was a sacrifice! LOL.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: karennd ()
Date: October 03, 2007 04:07AM

Great advice from David. You can also sometimes scan the entire menu for any veggies. Then order a salad but ask for all those veggies, uncooked, to be added to your salad. Sometimes you can get a pretty creative salad that way.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: October 03, 2007 03:08PM

easy! do things that have nothing to do with food! go to the park, hike, bike, stroll, watch a movie (bring carrot/veggie sticks to snack on!), make some art, do a craft, volunteer in the community and invite a friend, go to an exhibit/artshow/music performance, dog walk, play frisbee, etc etc. how often do we miss out on these fun activities because we're stuck sitting in a restaurant anyhow?!

Posted by: diamond dave ()
Date: October 03, 2007 03:12PM

Exactly Coco and well stated Mr. Mason (as always). Couldn't have said it better myself!

Regards,

David

Posted by: rankdurian ()
Date: October 03, 2007 04:25PM

I think that it is difficult. Some people come from a culture that is very food centered and social events are always loaded with food "issues". I am Sicilian and know the pain that comes with social gatherings. My wife and I were 5 months raw and we went backpacking Europe for our honeymoon. All went well until we hit Sicily. My family could not understand the whole raw thing and although I would buy my own food and Begged for it to be left raw and beautiful it would be mysteriously cooked by the time we would get back from our walk or an outing with another family member. Not eating would have insulted my family who were only trying to be good to us. I think we will be sticking to fruit when at families' homes the next visit.

Ishmael

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables