Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Trying to lose weight
Posted by: daisyduke ()
Date: October 03, 2007 06:13PM

So I've been on 80-10-10 for almost 2 years. At first I got down to my goal weight easily (about 100 lbs). I developed adrenal fatigue and have stopped exercising heavily. I have gained about 30 pounds. I have had amenorrhea for about 4 years now, and I know my hormones are all out of whack. My medical doctor suggested I start counting calories, but whenever I lower my calories too much I get strong cravings for fat and cooked food. Any recommendations? Should I just mono eat (bananas all the time)? Or should I mono eat lower calorie fruits? Or should I just try to stick to veggies? Any help from the wise folks on this board will be greatly appreciated.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Trying to lose weight
Posted by: dancerinthenight ()
Date: October 03, 2007 07:12PM

May I ask your reasons for developing adrenal fatigue? Was it related to illness, diet, lifestyle? I am curious.... I am sorry to hear that. I too have it. It indeed is a bummer.

Date: October 03, 2007 09:50PM

I got it from exercising 5 hours a day + working as a teacher all day. Then I was lucky to get 5 hours of sleep at night. I did this for years. I guess I'm having to pay. How did you get yours?

Posted by: Sparkler ()
Date: October 04, 2007 12:46AM

Have you thought about emailing Doug Graham and asking him? Or posting on his Vegsource board? I hope you find a solution soon!

Sarah
[goingbananasblog.com]

Posted by: dancerinthenight ()
Date: October 04, 2007 12:59AM

I got mine from eating a 5-10K calorie a day doughnut, cookie, ice cream, muffin diet for 16 years, exercising two to three hours a day, smoking, stripping for work and staying up until 5 am, drinking, and ignoring unresolved trauma issues and emotions. I still have not been able to stop abusing my body despite how bad it hurts. Sometimes I wonder if I will make it. Actually I wonder this all of the time. I feel that my body will break at any moment. Self abuse is complicated and difficult to turn around. I am sorry that you too are suffering.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/04/2007 01:00AM by dancerinthenight.

Date: October 04, 2007 12:33PM

Hi Sarah,
I've worked with Doug Graham for the past 2 years. I did a 25 day long water fast with him, too. He just says that my body is retaining water in order to heal itself. I guess I should just deal, but it's hard. I hardly eat anything, and I'm still gaining weight. I'm so restrictive and strict with myself, I can't believe it's not working!

Hi Dancerinthenight,
I understand how you've gotten adrenal fatigue as well. What are you doing now to get well? Are you 100% raw? I hope you feel better soon!

Love, Tammy

Posted by: Sparkler ()
Date: October 04, 2007 05:21PM

I'm sorry, daisyduke.

I'm obviously no expert, but I wonder if your body would heal faster if you did go on a mono diet for a period of time while being very restful. Perhaps watermelon, or orange juice? I hope you feel better soon! (((hugs)))

Sarah
[goingbananasblog.com]

Posted by: karennd ()
Date: October 04, 2007 05:28PM

Tammy, I'm curious, does Doug Graham have you on any supplements or wheatgrass to help replenish your intestinal flora? Does he include juicing in your diet - green juices are very healing. If it was me, I would probably be thinking juicing and colonics along with probiotics and enzyme supplements. I would also consider going to my doctor and getting my vitamin levels checked with a spectracell lab test, just to see if I was extremely low on any in particular. Just some thoughts.

I'm sure in the long run this diet will work for you, but sometimes I think people need a little extra help during the transition.

Date: October 04, 2007 05:42PM

Hi Sarah,
Yes, I'm thinking mono eating would be good for right now. But Dr. D has said that I should just eat within 811 parameters to heal myself. I really am craving non sweet fruits like crazy. I never eat overt fat.

Hi Karennd,
Doug doesn't believe in juicing or anything like that. He doesn't believe that any one type of food is 'healing.' The body heals on its own...mine's just taking too long! LOL!

Love, Tammy

Posted by: pihourova ()
Date: October 04, 2007 05:54PM

hi daisyduke! i am exactly the same. if i count calories i begin to obcess with food and over eat and crave bad things. i lost 12 kilos from eatting only fruit. it is the only thing that ever worked for me. its really easy. you dont have to think about anything. i just eat fruit for breakfast, lunch and dinner. with 3-4 snacks a day of fruit. usually i include 1 avocado a day somewhere or more if i want.

not saying this will work for you. but it sure did for me.

good luck.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables