Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
What do you do for employment?
Posted by: veggiel0ve ()
Date: October 09, 2007 02:49AM

Hey I was wondering what kind of jobs you all had and if raw has effected that in any way. Are you self employed? Just work gardening for yourself? Have your own business? Or work for someone else/ the state?

any body yoga teachers??

bLESSINGS

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What do you do for employment?
Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: October 09, 2007 03:11AM

I'm a workforce professional in Central Florida. I use Federal and Local dollars in our non-profit career center to assist regional businesses to open and expand.......and to provide better jobs for the job-seekers in the community. Has raw affected it? Only in the sense that they know I am THE connection for high-quality avocados man. I gotcha covered! Plus I accidentally got asian pear juice on the company laptop. Heck! It was an accident! It happens to everyone right?! winking smiley

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: karennd ()
Date: October 09, 2007 04:16AM

I am a software tester at the moment.

Posted by: joewood ()
Date: October 09, 2007 04:36AM

I am a night shift computer operator. I work 3days 12.5 hrs a day. I find it is easier to eat vegetarian / raw at work than at home. The really strange thing is my wife l-o-v-e-s greens & such but doesn't like them raw. Thankfully, she has no problem with my going vegan / raw. I guess that means I have no excuses, I just lack self-discipline. Oh well, it's a marathon -- not a sprint.

Love is patient, love is kind, it is not self-seeking, love ALWAYS protects,always endures. (1corinthians 13)

God IS love!! (1john4)
Jesus Christ...... The ONLY way to Heaven.
I am the Way, the Truth & the Life..(John 14:6)

Posted by: rawgosia ()
Date: October 09, 2007 05:14AM

Hard-core scientist and a lecturer here. In my next life, I will definitely be a musician!

Gosia

RawGosia channel
RawGosia streams

Posted by: pampam ()
Date: October 09, 2007 05:32AM

i am unemployed at the time but looking for a job. I think being raw has changed my perspective on what I want to do for employment but unfortunately I just have to start making some sort of money. i am trying to make some goals for getting some schooling for a better job. Raw has changed my perspective on everything. My world is changed forever

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: October 09, 2007 05:48AM

Pampam, I think I know exactly how you are feeling. Probably, why must I work? Yes it is unfortunate that you just have to start making some sort of money. How does that make you feel? Do you ever feel that you want to get out of the system? The system that makes it necessary to make money? You say your world is changed forever, then why go ahead and do the things you would have done had your world not changed? Overcome any fear you may have and find a way to get out. That's what I am looking to do. Imagine life the way nature intended it.

Posted by: jono ()
Date: October 09, 2007 09:14AM

I'm looking for a job and also trying to start a business. I want to find a karma-positive or karma-neutral way to make money. My mom thinks I should go work for a drug company.

Posted by: joewood ()
Date: October 09, 2007 09:24AM

Hi everyone.

My 3 biggest dislikes are being tired, being broke, & having to work for someone other than myself. Unfortunately, I / we also have family that depends on us for life's necessities. I would think that if anyone can conquer their addiction/desire for cooked foods & meat they would surely be able to blaze a trail of entrepreneurship. But oh how we love the false security we get from having a 'steady income'. I'm convinced that I will be in business for myself someday. But there is no sense in accumulating wealth/riches/money & then realizing that all your accumulation came at the cost of your health!!

That's the system many in the west are enslaved to. With all our getting we must get understanding is how the bible puts it.

I want to be healthy. If you look hard enough you will realize you're already wealthy. You just may not have an excess of money.

Love is patient, love is kind, it is not self-seeking, love ALWAYS protects,always endures. (1corinthians 13)

God IS love!! (1john4)
Jesus Christ...... The ONLY way to Heaven.
I am the Way, the Truth & the Life..(John 14:6)

Posted by: Funky Rob ()
Date: October 09, 2007 10:24AM

Raw changed my job completely, I now run my own raw food business, Funky Raw which involves running an online shop, editing/publishing a magazine, organising a summer raw gathering and teaching raw food and wild food workshops.

(Before I was a freelance web designer/developer).

Rob

--
Rob Hull - Funky Raw
My blog: [www.rawrob.com]

Posted by: kwan ()
Date: October 09, 2007 03:11PM

>If you look hard enough you will realize you're already wealthy. You just may not have an excess of money.<

joewood--
So true!

I'm a musician and artist, and I'll never work a 'straight' job again. I have a part-time job (this is my third year now) I do every May thru November, working for the Arts Council as a street performance monitor.

In the past I've worked as a secretary in a law office, and I did in-office transcription. Bleeeaaahh.

My most lucrative self-employment job was in the '80s before the computer revolution, when I had a home typing and editing business-- that was a fun time! Now I'm focusing on carving out enough time to create and sell my own beadwork and painted silk designs. That's what I really love to do, along with performing music when I get a chance.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: diamond dave ()
Date: October 09, 2007 03:12PM

Goodness, such varied answers as I would imagine.

I'm a classically trained Finance/Accounting professional working for the corporate machine that is Verizon Telecommunications. Live in Dallas, TX with a beautiful & understanding wife and two of the best kids I've ever seen. We have quite a bit in our lives as a family and to be honest, more than I would have hoped for. Still, one's health and the love of family can never be taken for granted.

Best to all,

David

Posted by: m ()
Date: October 09, 2007 06:57PM

i'm a clinical dietitian. i work in a small (15 bed!) rurul hospital in northern california doing inpatient and outpatient work. sometimes it is hard to make all the changes you invision in such a place like a hospital. but, i try to focus on little changes that yeild great improvements. i am also getting involved in the school system...bringing in a program called "Harvest of the Month"...a monthly taste-testing and activity based lesson on specific, local, seasonal fruits and vegetables.

during outpatient consultations, i am able to bring in the concepts of eating raw fruits and vegetables while limiting (if not eliminating) animal foods. not everybody is there yet...but everybody is open to the education part of it. many of my clients have made huge improvements/changes and feel so much better! this is my ultimate reward...to see the light in there eyes when they are doing something that works!

love,
*m*

Posted by: lemoned ()
Date: October 09, 2007 07:40PM

My main ambition is illustration and I'm working as a freelance illustrator. But since I have 2 kids and lotsa bills to pay I work part time as a graphic designer.

Posted by: learningtofly ()
Date: October 09, 2007 08:15PM

nataliemg Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Do you ever feel that you want to get out of the system? The system that makes it
> necessary to make money? ... Imagine life the way nature intended it.

YES!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/09/2007 08:17PM by learningtofly.

Posted by: dancerinthenight ()
Date: October 09, 2007 08:20PM

I am making homemade soups for women around Boulder, taking care of children, and assisting children's yoga classes. I am not all raw now but even if I was I think the soup thing would be something I enjoy. I make healthy, beautiful, colorful soups, and my friends love them.

Posted by: uti ()
Date: October 10, 2007 04:06AM

I've been self employed since 1983 doing all sorts of work. I had a crafts business with my ex wife which did well materially for 10 years, but was very taxing on health and relationship.

Where I live it's useful to have a variety of skills so I started make my living doing all sorts of building trades, carpentry, plumbing, electrical, alternative energy, and woodworking. I work 3 to 4 days a week during dry weather, do yoga 2 to 3 days, and have a day to garden, do chores or just chill out. It's a simple, satisfying life with less and less stress as I become more efficient and am able to pick the jobs to fill my schedule. It suits my raw lifestyle and certainly sparks a few conversations when a new client sees my lunch or notices that I show up in the morning with a big smoothie instead of a thermos of java. It's also very supportive of my commitment to my yoga practice.
Uti

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: October 10, 2007 04:13AM

dancerinthenight that is so cooli didnt know you were doing that ! awesome smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: corizza ()
Date: October 10, 2007 04:46AM

heh,well,i work at a bakery and coffeeshop. Its funny because after being addicted to espresso and pastries for a year and a half, and finally ( a month ago) switching to 95% raw foods, its been a bit crazy working there. My boss always makes fun of me and I am starting to feel guilty reccomending all these pastries for people to eat. But I love the business I work for, I love my boss. The food is all local and lots of it is organic, and although the pastries are loaded with sugar my boss doesn't use any preservatives or chemicals. Its a small bussiness and I feel at home there, fortunatly I don't indulge in any of the product we produce, but I do tell other people to! I'm glad I've personally given up the espresso and the pastries..between those and heavy drinking, I wasn't doing so well. My mother says I look like a totally different person and its only been a month!

Posted by: badawie ()
Date: October 10, 2007 10:47AM

I'm a journalist for an international television news company. I'm not on air though :-)

Detox/transition was hell. I have to remember about 50 things at the same time, including facts, history, names of political players, as well as talking to people in a language that isn't my native tongue, and remembering what times we're going live! I also edit video, and found myself staring at the keyboard blankly while the reporter grew increasingly worried that I was out of it!

I wasn't able to take any time off to transition and we work brutal hours, but the people I work with are unique in my business. They are very understanding and open to new ideas. I told them it was for health reasons and they were fine with it. Some of them even share my fruit instead of ordering lunch. I did have to get it together quite quickly though because mistakes are definitely not tolerated (especially by me!).

If I was still doing my old job (same job, different country and company) I would not have been able to do this. Weather was waaaay too hot and the job was very physical and you rarely had a choice in what to eat. Vegetarians were never given good assignments because they would always have to be medevaced..

Posted by: Rawrrr! ()
Date: October 10, 2007 10:55PM

CEO of a logistics firm. My family has been in this business for many years. I ventured off and open my own office a few years ago. I love being the captain of my own ship. The sky is the limit.

Posted by: MauiGreg ()
Date: October 10, 2007 11:27PM

My employment has been all over the map. It's hard to find any sense of continuity in my resume except for the fact that I've been passionate about everything I've ever done. Previously I was a co-owner of a medicinal herb store in Vermont, an organic farmer, body piercer, sailboat captain, hiking guide and now I'm a natural resource manager/GIS (geographic Information systems) analyst for the last domestic pineapple grower in the U.S. I love my job. Fortunately i get to spend lots of time outdoors either mapping locations of rare species in our conservation lands or driving around mapping our pineapple fields...unfortunately as I become more "successful" it seems to involve more time in the office and less time doing the fun stuff. The lack of "focus" used to drive my parents crazy, but now they really seem to respect the wonderful journey i've had so far...

Posted by: flex4life ()
Date: October 11, 2007 07:27AM

I work as a freelance web designer but am gently making my transition to Cartooning!

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: coconutcream ()
Date: October 11, 2007 06:37PM

I am a writer

Posted by: Prism ()
Date: October 12, 2007 12:25AM

I've been a licensed childcare provider for many years, most of my adult life. I've also done in home health care for private clients inbetween the child care. I was blessed to be able to take 2 years to take care of my ill sister, and my elderly mother both of whom passed away within a year of each other, but we had a fun time together after me not being around physically for 18 years!

Now, I'm starting over again due to a recent move, and am looking for new childcare clients..very slow..so I'm going out tomorrow to look for work at the lcoal stores, and other places. I need cash flow in a most serious way! I'm in the same boat as Pampam it seems!

I only need to work part time, so that will be easier on me at my age of 55. I found raw at age 50 and since then..wow..it's been a journey!

Other things I've done for hobbies have been, paint acrylic on canvas, painted furniture, make hand-made soaps, got into Aromatherapy and use essential oils in my home for various things, I published an online magazine for 3 years of writers works, and I wrote poetry, stories, and info. material for pagewise.com and various other websites. Out of those things, only the painted furniture, and material for pagewise.com made me any money..so far. Working on the soap thing stillsmiling smiley Oh..and I have an aromatherapy product that is patented and I'm just waiting for a particular manufacturing co. to license and produce it! It's under review...still...they are slow..

Love,
Prism

Posted by: Sparkler ()
Date: October 12, 2007 01:29AM

I am a SAHM and homeschool my kids. Hubby owns a website biz and works from home. It's a sweet life and I'm very thankful for it.

Sarah
[goingbananasblog.com]

Posted by: coconutcream ()
Date: October 12, 2007 06:48AM

sparkler you are so lucky, really awe that is cool you must have big powerful man as husband right, ?? sigh, handsome productuve..

wow/

these days only women on that show on cbs CANE are SAHM's

Posted by: sunshine79 ()
Date: October 12, 2007 02:30PM

Mergers & acquisitions

Posted by: lotusblossom9 ()
Date: October 12, 2007 06:27PM

coconutcream Wrote:
> I am a writer

do you have anything published? i'm interested in reading some of your work.

Posted by: sunshine79 ()
Date: October 12, 2007 11:15PM

Rawrrr! Wrote:
> CEO of a logistics firm... I love being
> the captain of my own ship.

Cool!!

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables