Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

if for any chances, you can't stay for raw diet, what food will you choose?
Posted by: ferdiewen ()
Date: October 15, 2007 06:30PM

I stay 100% raw most time. However; sometimes I can't avoid social gathering with family and friends. If I have to eat cooked food, I stay with vegetarian dishes.
Will you raw foodies choose
1. cooked veggies?
2. cooked rice?
3. tofu dishes?
4. wheat like bread?
I hope I can get some feedback to help me make a better choices next time. Thks

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: if for any chances, you can't stay for raw diet, what food will you choose?
Posted by: karennd ()
Date: October 15, 2007 06:59PM

Cooked veggies would be my choice.

Do they not have salads or can you bring a salad to share?

Posted by: rawdanceruk ()
Date: October 15, 2007 07:15PM

Choose to eat before social gatherings, then you will never be in this situation.

Nothing but optimum fresh living foods..amen!

Posted by: anaken ()
Date: October 15, 2007 08:42PM

. there should be lots of posts here on eating and social situations

. as a rule of thumb...making conscious decision on what to include in one's diet..and conscious choices what to leave out... really are the keys to success, I believe.

. leaving out certain food groups entirely: processed sugars and starches, dairy, ANY processed stuff (including soy), meats etc...will - regardless of 'percentage' raw lead to increased health in the long run.

. so all you have to do, really, is make commitments that are small..and finding substitutes and pinch hitters...in the mean time
that allow you to keep a comfortable level raw..and continue increasing your health/health-ful habits.

. I would stick with big salads, steamed veggies and starchy tubers (sweet potato or the more exotic ones), if you are at a 'healthy' restaurant: maybe some coarse non-gluten grains like millet, quinoa, amaranth etc...avoid the breads/pastas/butter/animal products etc...

. common other suggestions would be eating beforehand or bringing some juicy fruits or avocado or nuts/seeds.

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: October 16, 2007 01:05PM

Just as Anaken says. Eating beforehand and making conscious choices about what is acceptable and what isn't will prevent 'crisis' eating....and feeling forced somehow to eat whatever some one puts in front of you. I attend MANY business conferences...luncheons....and hundreds of family outings. I am never hungry....or feel pressured to eat what THEY are eating! smiling smiley I just let them know I am there to support THEM. Heck, I can always get to steppin!

-If you CHOOSE to still eat some cooked foods...follow the advice above. Look for lightly steamed vegetables or dried fruits....and try to avoid processed/cooked carbohydrates.

-Power and success to you.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: ferdiewen ()
Date: October 16, 2007 06:47PM

I will do my best. I am from Chinese family when eating is a majoy event. Especially when we are guest or eating with elder people, refuse what people offer is kind rude. They love to give me all the food and ask me to eat this or eat that. Explain to them the vegetarain concept is much easier than the raw eating. I will stay with steam vegetable as much as possible. Thks for all the support

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables