Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Goin' for it!
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: October 18, 2007 08:03PM

I will try to go 100% raw from now until my birthday in about one month.

Do you guys think I will feel/look visibly different after one month?

I have been eating a lot of organic, raw foods for the last month or so but I think going 100% until my birthday will be important for cleansing/healing my body and mind.

I am not sure that a 100% raw diet is optimal for me or what I'd like to stick with on a permanent basis. I believe that foods cooked with love, healthy, natural ingredients and good energy- supplemented with the enzymes and purity of many raw organic foods- can make a very healthy and satisfying diet.

For now though, I'm going for it! After a month, I may extend it further, we'll see. Any advice and support would be great at this point.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Goin' for it!
Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: October 18, 2007 08:34PM

Yes. It WILL be beneficial. But even more important is NOT having the basic...underlying thought that you are 'depriving' yourself of something. When you have been eating healthy for a while...and really are motivated by your results and dreams.....then eating well will be both easy....and a necessity....and thus a no-brainer. If you are doing something good - like eating progressively better......then it is my opinion that it should be done for a lifetime. If done so...one can start out small.....progress at a slow pace......and it won't matter...because you will never stop! Ha! ha! Even the smallest river will cut through the highest mountain....if it never stops flowing! LOL.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: belovedhadassah ()
Date: October 18, 2007 09:01PM

All the times I have gone raw, I have felt different almost immediately. I don't know where you are weight wise, but you will most probably lose some weight which will make you look different! I think it's a great motivation and what a wonderful birthday gift to yourself!

Happy Rawing!

belovedhadassah

www.rawencore.blogspot.com

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/18/2007 09:04PM by belovedhadassah.

Posted by: MauiGreg ()
Date: October 19, 2007 01:31AM

CrazyFingers, you will most definately look, and more importantly, feel better. This is a great place for inspiration and support. Spend a few hours reading the articles and through the forums and you will probably find answers to any question you will have. to borrow one of my favorite pieces of inspiration from DavidZMason..."there are no raw food police" That was always helpful for me to keep in mind as I started this journey. Don't beat yourself up for deviating from 100% raw, just keep making small improvements, keep trying, keep listening to what feels right for your body and soul. I started with a mind-set very similar to yours. I was just going to "try" raw for a few weeks. After only one week I felt so much better than I could ever remember. After two weeks, i didn't feel like i was depriving myself of anything... to paraphrase another quote i've seen on this board, "nothing tastes as good as great heath feels".
However, there are some detox symptoms that were a little rough for me... extreme mood swings, some depression and some skin stuff, but that only lasted a few weeks and it's been wonderful ever since.
This is a great birthday gift to give yourself...one that will provide you the health to have many more healthy and happy birthdays!

Aloha

Posted by: jorgeben ()
Date: October 19, 2007 04:30AM

A few months ago, I inadvertently gone an a raw cleansing diet of smoothies based on greens, sprouts and eggs, along with some SAD food. The effect was literally instant.

I say, if you have a burning desire to get healthy, then go for it. Otherwise, you'll get bored and give up.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables