Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Favourite fruit or vegetable?
Posted by: jorgeben ()
Date: October 20, 2007 05:01AM

Simple questoin, tough answer winking smiley
Mine is probably the 'Sabre', or as it is known outside Israel, the Prickly (cactus) Pear. It is indescribably delicious. I also love Papaya.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Favourite fruit or vegetable?
Posted by: Werewolf ()
Date: October 20, 2007 05:13AM

Tough answer? No kidding!

My favorites are always changing, but right now my top veggie is Asparagus. I can't believe there was a time in my life when I didn't like asparagus. My top fruit is probably honey crisp apples. I bought an organic honey crisp the other day and I just about died. It was so ridiculously good... like tasting an apple for the very first time smiling smiley

Anyway, I'm sure by next week I'll be obsessed with carrots and mangoes, or whatever tongue sticking out smiley

-Alex

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/20/2007 05:20AM by Werewolf.

Posted by: pihourova ()
Date: October 20, 2007 09:13AM

mango, papaya, watermelon, avocado

i could eat one of the above and nothing else for days or weeks, depending on my mood. winking smiley

Posted by: ddreams76 ()
Date: October 20, 2007 01:16PM

I'd have to say cucumber. watermelon. berries. asparagus. i enjoy pears as well and green apples.

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: October 20, 2007 01:42PM

Asian Pear, Watermelon, Pineapple, Avocado, Berries, Melons.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Date: October 20, 2007 02:05PM

Avocado, olives, dates,

spinach, garlic, onions

Posted by: kwan ()
Date: October 20, 2007 02:11PM

mango, strawberry, pineapple / tomato, red pepper, avocado

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: Sparkler ()
Date: October 20, 2007 03:25PM

If I had to choose only one food to live on for the rest of my life, I would pick mango. It's been my fave fruit since I was a kid.

Sarah
[goingbananasblog.com]

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: October 20, 2007 04:02PM

Werewolf Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Tough answer? No kidding!
>
> My favorites are always changing, but right now my
> top veggie is Asparagus. I can't believe there
> was a time in my life when I didn't like
> asparagus.

haha i know what you mean i gotta say my fave is asparagus too hehe .. i think i used to hate it because all my parents would buy was that puke green mushy stuff in the can .. gaggggggggg! lol

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: shaine ()
Date: October 20, 2007 04:23PM

cucumber
watermelon
olive

measure twice, cut once.

"In Watermelon Sugar the deeds were done and done again as my life is done in watermelon sugar." ~r.brautigan

I make paintings

Posted by: Sapphire ()
Date: October 20, 2007 07:53PM

I don't know about a favorite, but the longer I am raw, the more my taste buds seem to have woken up to appreciate the flavors of all the fresh fruits and vegetables. I rarely eat mindlessly any more, much preferring to really experience the flavors of the foods I am eating.

The sweetness of any fruit at the peak of it's season is so amazing, and if it is this good here in Canada, after many have been shipped up here from who knows where, I really hope I find myself somewhere tropical one day, to try freshly picked tropical fruits - mmmmmmmm!

Sapphire

Posted by: uti ()
Date: October 20, 2007 08:07PM

Whatever seems to be in high season at the moment is my favorite. The melons from the farm where I live have just wrapped up for the season and the fields plowed under. Early rains shortened the season here. Last year we gleaned a few watermelons past Thanksgiving. Now it's on to persimmons, dates and citrus.

I love durian and I'm waiting to experience these magnificent fruits fresh. I've certainly enjoyed some really good frozen Monthongs, the usual exported variety. See [www.durianpalace.com] if you're interested in this exotic fruit.

I love cucumbers,especially Japanese or hot house varieties. They're great with fresh dates right now or spiral cut into pasta. I just finished the last one from my garden and bought some commercially grown ones. I'll get a few more heirloom tomatoes from my plants before I put my beds to rest for the winter.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: October 20, 2007 08:50PM

apples, olives, cucumber, avocado, celery, red pepper, mango.

i love salad, especially with bitter greens, rocket, endive, raddichio, dandelion, YUM!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables