Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

water fast
Posted by: veggiel0ve ()
Date: November 15, 2007 04:30PM

time to shine~~~ big changes are upon us

hey everybody, i am going on a 5 day water fast with a salt water flush every day
starting today : )
anybody else, feel free to join for any of it!!
many blessings*

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: water fast
Posted by: dvdai ()
Date: November 15, 2007 06:29PM

I'm going to try my best. One thing I have problems doing is fasting. What benefit does the salt water flush provide and what is the salt to water ratio?

Thanks lover of life!

david

Posted by: life101 ()
Date: November 17, 2007 12:55AM

I will likely do a water fast in December rather than now. I finished one in September and I think it's too soon to try again. Good luck.

Posted by: uti ()
Date: November 17, 2007 06:07AM

veggielove,

I would be very careful with the salt water flushes combined with water fasting. They are not all that gentle. Basically you are putting salt into the body at a highly toxic level, which is why the body reacts violently to release the toxic load. It happens so quickly that the colon doesn't have time to soften and release old impacted matter in my opinion.

To me, healing the body is about learning to be gentle and loving with oneself. The damage to the body from poor dietary and unhealthy living habits came about over a long period of time and it takes some time to reverse that. Being patient and loving is not a trait our culture instills in us; we are taught to expect quick results and perfection.

If you're new to fasting I would highly recommend setting your goal differently. Prepare for the water fast by lightening the diet several days before. Juice fasting is a good way to do this, then switch to water only, but don't overdo it. I just finished a fast a couple of weeks ago and drank about 24 ounces of water a day, yet I emptied my bladder 5 to 6 times a day.

Break the fast by taking juice again or watery sweet fruits. I usually have watermelon or citrus. The rule of thumb for fasting is to allow roughly the same number of days for re-alimentation as the water fast period. Other important components of the fast are plenty of rest, very gentle exercise (if any) and sun baths if possible.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables