Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

A few questions: Norman Walker, and dandruff
Posted by: love ()
Date: November 27, 2007 02:00AM

Hey all!

I have a few questions! Here they are: I heard that Norman Walker ate one cooked meal per day, like a rice dish or something like that. And I also hear a lot of raw foodists call Norman Walker a raw foodist. Except for Storm. On Storms blog he says that Norman Walker ate one cooked meal per day (like a rice dish or something) [www.rawveganforever.com] . What do you know about Norman Walker?

Do you know what the cause of dandruff is? Not the kind that falls everywhere, but the kind that you when you scrape your finger nails on your scalp then a lot comes off.

Thank you for your kindness!

Peace and love to all!

love

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: A few questions: Norman Walker, and dandruff
Posted by: ILoveJen ()
Date: November 27, 2007 02:08AM

I think it is shampoo residue or dirty scalp, but i don't know for sure.

I think norman walker has helped and inspired many, so go him!

Posted by: MauiGreg ()
Date: November 28, 2007 03:45AM

Hi Love,

I don't know much about Norman Walker, but I used to get that kind of dandruff when I had really long hair and worked most weeks in the rainforest. My doctor said it was a fungus and prescribed a topical cream that didn't seem to have any affect. I eventually cut my hair and it disappeared. That was a few years ago, so I wonder if going raw would have helped the condition. It may just have been because my head was wet more often than it was dry, but my diet and lifestyle were really out of balance then too.

Posted by: dancerinthenight ()
Date: November 28, 2007 04:54AM

scalp is fungus. along with dietary changes it helps to dry you hair.

Posted by: singinraw ()
Date: November 28, 2007 09:04AM

Hi love,
awww I loooove your name smiling smiley

I first got into rawfoods from reading Norman Walkers and his teachings taught me more about the human body and health than any others.

He didn't eat a cooked meal like that per day I'm not sure where that info came from of course alot of people always say all different things.

He was the father of juicing and brought the use of fresh raw vegetable juices made from hydraulic press into many lives and helped to heal many through his teachings.

He was really into focusing on good health all around of body mind and spirit. He believe its very important to keep all of your cells and organs as pure as possible and regular internal cleansings and he also believed alot in the power of the mind and emotions on the condition of how food is processed within the body.

He also believed it was good to add a touch of ocean water to juices at times to increase the trace minerals and believed ones chronological age is nothing more than a record of time that one can be ageless at any an all ages if they keep all their vital cells and organs clean and pure within and continuously bathed in enzyme filled nutrient and mineral high fresh fruits and vegetables and nuts and seeds.

He had many talents and interests he painted portrates and some are still around today as well as he loved the sea and sailed boats and he was good at inventing things also was a really talented smart person.

He lived to a really old age and was vibrantly healthy right to the end. I talked to someone who knew him in life a few times on the phone and she told me they were sposed to have dinner that day he moved some things at home too on his last day was still quick and healthy and really alert and never faded out he was in full wonderful health and quick and sharp as ever.

He really made a real difference in this world and the world is all the better since he passed this way.

Posted by: badawie ()
Date: November 28, 2007 04:35PM

flaky scalp when not due to fungus is often lack of omega fatty acids..from an nhs web site

Fatty acids may help
I have an extremely dry, itchy, flaky scalp which my GP thinks is psoriasis. He prescribed an ointment which was too harsh for my sensitive head so I had to stop using it. Please help - I'm getting desperate.

A number of different conditions can cause scalp flakiness, including psoriasis, eczema and seborrhoeic dermatitis. If your doctor is unsure of the diagnosis, ask for a referral to a dermatologist.

Antifungal shampoos containing ketoconazole (eg Nizoral) often work well if flakiness is due to oversensitivity to a skin yeast. Inflammation can often be reduced by increasing your intake of essential fatty acids - eat more oily fish, nuts, seeds and take evening primrose, flaxseed or omega-3 fish oil supplements. It may also help to rub the scalp with a solution of seven drops rosemary or tea tree essential oil diluted with one tablespoon (15 ml) carrier oil, before washing your hair with a tea tree shampoo.

Posted by: love ()
Date: December 02, 2007 05:18PM

Thank you all!

I just bought some of Norman Walker's books, and you are right! He doesn't eat one cooked meal like that per day! He eats carrot pulp, fruit, soaked dried fruit, with nuts and honey and sometimes cream for breakfast. Carrot juice a lot all day, lunch (from what I read) he eats 1-2 pieces of fruit with celery and avocado, or a salad with juice, fruit, veggies, nuts, dried fruit, swiss c*****, and maybe salad dressing, and for dinner (from what I read) he eats, about the same thing as the lunch salad but different fruits, veggies, dried fruits, nuts, dressing, etc. He does not eat meat, and does not like milk, but he says that cream and swiss c***** is okay in moderation. And maybe on holidays a cooked vegitarian meal. Lots os raw juices. Interesting.

I heard he eats one cooked meal per day from Storm's blog. Hmm.

Thank you all!

Love and light to all!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables