Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
question for fruitarian one
Posted by: debbie ()
Date: December 03, 2007 09:27AM

hi, do you eat mono meals of just fruit or do you eat salads? and do you eat 'meals' or snack on fruit throughout the day? i'm looking to change my approach as i never last very long 100% raw and seem to snack uncontrollably.
thanks!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: question for fruitarian one
Date: December 03, 2007 01:17PM

Go here:
[uk.youtube.com]

It really doesn't matter what I eat, at the end of the day that info is not going to stop you from snacking, too much focus is placed on "eating" to solve our issues, there's no magic food or way of eating that will stop you from snacking, if your snacking then that's an emotional/comfort issue that "YOU" need to deal with and overcome and not at all to do with choosing what "food" to "eat" or knowing what someone else "eats", so instead of focusing on "food" focus on getting active and enjoying life, don't let "food" control every of your facet of your life, break away, it takes time and dedication but it can be done!

Check out the videos and see if they help.

Be good

F1

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/03/2007 01:23PM by The Fruitarian One.

Posted by: tanawana ()
Date: December 03, 2007 03:03PM

F1 I have to admit, even being fruitarian myself, you seem to have chosen or follow a very unique style of eating I imagine noone else does and I'm sure - for curiosity at least - many would be interested to know a day or two example and the quantity.

I feel I understand why you choose not to reveal this and I respect that also. :O)

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: December 03, 2007 03:31PM

I just wanted to support...and agree with F1. Eating is the fuel to get you to YOUR goals that YOU have identified. One does not 'eat' one's way into heaven or fearless-ness. One becomes fearless.....when fears can be accepted....as the ticket price....for pursuing your passionate/joyful dreams. If YOUR dreams REQUIRED healthy eating.....and a certain way of eating....it won't take much 'discipline'........in direct proportion to how deeply motivated those dreams and passions are.

-There is nothing wrong with 'snacking'.....if that's the eating style that's right for you. Just so long as you are eating the healthier foods that YOU'VE identified...you know? smiling smiley Just my opinions - which I hope are supportive and helpful.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Date: December 03, 2007 03:57PM

tanawana Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> F1 I have to admit, even being fruitarian myself,
> you seem to have chosen or follow a very unique
> style of eating I imagine noone else does and I'm
> sure - for curiosity at least - many would be
> interested to know a day or two example and the
> quantity.
>
> I feel I understand why you choose not to reveal
> this and I respect that also. :O)
I don't know about all that....I just feel that too much fuss is made over food!!!!...it's like if people can't talk about food they get panic attacks or something, I made a video about what I eat so that the curious could watch that and I don't have to keep focusing on what I eat because and that takes the fun out of what I'm doing and I don't want to be bogged down with all of that, I've been there and done that when I first started out and want to move on and get on with living a life that does not revolve around food and if people get upset because they feel I'm not sharing or talking about food enough then that's their issue.

I have chosen to "reveal" and that's why I advised to watch the video because I've dedicated a video to that very subject, I get asked this question a million times and I've answered it a million times and it gets pretty taxing spending the time to answer it so I made a video, it's taxing because I believe theirs more to life than food/eating and it's the fitness that we really should be focusing on, it's taxing especially when people are just being curious and especially when I believe that everybody should be listening to their own instincts and especially when I've been doing this long enough to know that knowing what I eat isn't going to solve anyones problems...

I'm not trying to be rude, I'm just trying to be more efficient with my time!

Watch the vid,

Hope that helped.

F1

Date: December 03, 2007 04:11PM

davidzanemason Wrote:
> I just wanted to support...and agree with F1.
> Eating is the fuel to get you to YOUR goals that
> YOU have identified. One does not 'eat' one's way
> into heaven or fearless-ness. One becomes
> fearless.....when fears can be accepted....as the
> ticket price....for pursuing your
> passionate/joyful dreams. If YOUR dreams REQUIRED
> healthy eating.....and a certain way of
> eating....it won't take much
> 'discipline'........in direct proportion to how
> deeply motivated those dreams and passions are.
>
> -There is nothing wrong with 'snacking'.....if
> that's the eating style that's right for you. Just
> so long as you are eating the healthier foods that
> YOU'VE identified...you know? smiling smiley Just my opinions
> - which I hope are supportive and helpful.
>
> -David Z. Mason

EXACTLY!!!!

My opinion is that with all the focus on food/eating people are totally missing the point and that is to eat what you need and not what you want and you can only know what you need by following your own instincts and getting active, people often want to get mad at me because I don't encourage nor practise obsessing over food!!!

For example if you stay sedontary you will be eating what you want out of boredom which is overeating and often leads to slipping up on cooked foods, if you stay active you will be eating what you need and when you need it, eat what you need and move on, don't be a slave to food like those on the S.A.D lifestyle, there's so much more to life than food!

So Debbie, watch the vids....hope they help.

F1

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 12/03/2007 04:20PM by The Fruitarian One.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 03, 2007 05:43PM

The main issue people are struggling with is the food, we do not know what make us healthy, is it the fries, burgers, pizza, or the fruits, the greens, and raw food?
What to eat and how to eat it.
In my opinion, the main issue is the food, and if I had a working system, I would volunteer to share with all.

Date: December 03, 2007 05:44PM

hello
i'm sorry if you thought i was being over curious, i imagine how boring it must be to answer the same question a million times! actually i was interested to find out how any of the longtime fruitarians eat as i'm looking to change my approach, that's all! thanks for link and thanks david.
cheers!

Date: December 03, 2007 07:11PM

djachi Wrote:
> The main issue people are struggling with is the
> food, we do not know what make us healthy, is it
> the fries, burgers, pizza, or the fruits, the
> greens, and raw food?
> What to eat and how to eat it.
> In my opinion, the main issue is the food, and if
> I had a working system, I would volunteer to share
> with all.

Ha,ha...EXACTLY... YOU JUST PROVED MY POINT PERFECTLY!!!...

people need to stop "STRUGGLING" with food, it's like trying to get out of quick sand, the more you focus on it the deeper you get, everybody is using the same approach to this lifestyle and that is to focus on food...and everybody is having the same problems but instead of breaking away they just keep going around in circles, my hope is that within that struggle people will eventually learn that food does not solve anything!!!!...if it did then there would be no need for this forum because we would all be living happily ever after....right!!!

I have a working system/philosophy that works for me and I share it all day everyday and have been for years and that is to put the fitness first, eat what you need and not what you want, food is just a small element of a much bigger picture, anybody that has been to my site and has listened to my interviews, read my posts here, read my articles or seen my videos/pictures will see that I'm constantly sharing, infact some of you guys if not all of you are probably sick of me by now...trouble is that some people don't want to do the leg work/research or look within themselves or they simply want to pick fault.

As far as I'm concerned I'm not out to ram my views down people throat, if my philosophy, views and opinions resonate with people and they want to jump on board then great but essentially all I can do is share my own experiences and encourage others to look within themselves!

Debbie asked a simple question and I answered it, I provided her with what she wanted and then some!

Now what's the problem!

F1

Date: December 03, 2007 07:15PM

debbie Wrote:
> hello
> i'm sorry if you thought i was being over curious,
> i imagine how boring it must be to answer the same
> question a million times! actually i was
> interested to find out how any of the longtime
> fruitarians eat as i'm looking to change my
> approach, that's all! thanks for link and thanks
> david.
> cheers!

No problem Debbie you didn't do/say anything wrong, people just wanna get upset with me if I don't reply the way they want me to, just check out the vids and you'll find out all you need to know about my experience, but always look within yourself.

One word of caution, don't look to long term Fruitarians are doing, look within yourself because long term Fruitarians were not always doing what they are currently doing, they have been through many, many changes just like you will too, take Davids advice and just enjoy your choices and lifestyle!

Good luck and all the best!

F1

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 12/03/2007 07:19PM by The Fruitarian One.

Posted by: flex4life ()
Date: December 03, 2007 07:22PM

Wassup F1,

I agree we entirely make too big of a fuss over food by analysing it to an extreme. Its good to do this when you are first getting started but once you lock on to your groove then just flow.

Food is just a fraction of the lifestyle equation.

Peace!

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/03/2007 07:30PM by flex4life.

Date: December 03, 2007 07:31PM

flex4life Wrote:
> Wassup F1,
>
> I agree we entirely make too big of a fuss over
> food by analysing it to an extreme. Its good to do
> this when you are first getting started but once
> you lock on to your groove then just flow.
>
> Peace!

EXACTLY...some people juss don't wanna let go!!

Ha.ha!!!

Hey man how's your furry friend, I just rescued a Blue Doberman and putting him through rehab as we speak.

F1

Date: December 03, 2007 07:43PM

That's great dude, post some pics of the new fmaily member when you got the time.

My dog passed away early August but he is still with me. I now have to get my doggy fix by volunteering at the local SPCA. I just love these little buggers!

[www.youtube.com]

Date: December 03, 2007 07:52PM

flex4life Wrote:
> That's great dude, post some pics of the new
> fmaily member when you got the time.
>
> My dog passed away early August but he is still
> with me. I now have to get my doggy fix by
> volunteering at the local SPCA. I just love these
> little buggers!

Ahh, sorry to hear that man....well the next one you get will be a lucky one to have you as a guardian!!!

Here's Toby

I run a very small Doberman rescue and he came in with some issues, we are still feeling each other out but everything is going great so far, he's a young one and is very skittish and scared of men, I think he was man handled by his previous gaurdians so now it's up to me to go through the fire with this boy, it's a very stressful process but it's great to see the end result!

I know there's another furry friend out there with your name on it!!!

F1

Date: December 03, 2007 10:16PM

Thanks dude, my lil buddy is out there somewhere and I can almost feel him getting closer!

Toby looks awesome, appears just a little fearful. I know Toby will just be fine in no time after a little F1 vibe rubs off on him!

[www.youtube.com]

Date: December 03, 2007 10:29PM

flex4life Wrote:
> Thanks dude, my lil buddy is out there somewhere
> and I can almost feel him getting closer!
>
> Toby looks awesome, appears just a little fearful.
> I know Toby will just be fine in no time after a
> little F1 vibe rubs off on him!

Yeah he's in a bad state but I've turned around worse, time is a great healer for these guys!

He's gonna be my training partner so get ready for some vids!!!

F1

Posted by: ksmanthey ()
Date: December 04, 2007 05:21AM

This is such a nice thread. I think sometimes i like to come on here and read about food everyday because it reinforces what I know to be true. There are conflicting messages out there, as everyone knows I am sure, and I want to keep hearing the raw messages too! However, it does get easy to obsess about food. I also have a tendency to obsess about my health, and imagine that there is something wrong with my health. I have a few minor problems, but I am fundamentally in a good place. A shiatsu practitioner suggested that I need to remember this and not put my energy into thinking about illness...or I may induce it in myself! I think these things are related. Anyway, thanks for your good thoughts.

Date: December 04, 2007 09:06AM

thanks F1, have watched some of the vids and they answered my questions, and i totally agree about not making such a big thing of food and to try to tune in more to our bodies needs and not the wants!
definitly what i needed to hear, cheers mate!

Posted by: Azura Skye ()
Date: December 04, 2007 02:13PM

great posts.

It's taken me a long time to get here, but I think I'm on the road to understanding the relationship I hold with food.

Over the past month I have eaten a strict raw vegan diet - low fat, high fruit. Although I've been raw for 2 years - I would call what I ate SUKD Raw.

Eating this way (high fruit) has really speeded up the process of learning about LIFE!! Ok that sounds extreme, but usually I always ate lots of food and ignore issues - and I didn't tag myself an emotional eater - but I think deep down, if you eat out of any other reason than hunger and fuel, you are an emotional eater.

I find no answers in a bowl of fruit - as much as I love fruit and veg, at the end of the day, they still remain fruit and veg. What I'm trying to say is, I understand now that I'm the same person before eating the food as I am after eating it, so I have to question myself and be strong in my mind and realise that whatever i feel is OKAY.

We are supposed to feel things, eventhough they are confusing and can make us want to crumble sometimes.
It's okay to be angry, be sad and to be happy. But these don't tie in directly with what we put in our mouths.

I can now really appreciate what you are saying F1 (and others!) - there is indeed MORE to life than food, and I have to say, when we realise this we really to grow into the person who we ARE.

And yes- fitness should be a focus because it's much harder in our modern lifestyles to manage an adequate amount of fitness - I'm typing this as I sit in the office. Great job, not so great on my butt though ; )

I always feel better when I move. In fact I feel like I heal faster when I jump around more. It does take time to WANT to understand simple truths, but I'm glad that recently I had the talk with myself - I told myself ' LISTEN UP! Don't be frightened of weight loss, don't be scared of food, don't worry what you look like, eating naturally can be scary, but things are always worse in the mind than they are in reality."

So after talking to myself, I started eating better and focusing on getting fitter (or just fit).

Sorry for the ramble. I'm just happy that I'm starting to come around to the ideas proposed in this thread and that hopefully I will learn alot more about myself and become a much less fearful individual.

Date: December 04, 2007 05:24PM

Azura Skye Wrote:
> great posts.
>
> It's taken me a long time to get here, but I think
> I'm on the road to understanding the relationship
> I hold with food.
>
> Over the past month I have eaten a strict raw
> vegan diet - low fat, high fruit. Although I've
> been raw for 2 years - I would call what I ate
> SUKD Raw.
>
> Eating this way (high fruit) has really speeded up
> the process of learning about LIFE!! Ok that
> sounds extreme, but usually I always ate lots of
> food and ignore issues - and I didn't tag myself
> an emotional eater - but I think deep down, if you
> eat out of any other reason than hunger and fuel,
> you are an emotional eater.
>
> I find no answers in a bowl of fruit - as much as
> I love fruit and veg, at the end of the day, they
> still remain fruit and veg. What I'm trying to say
> is, I understand now that I'm the same person
> before eating the food as I am after eating it, so
> I have to question myself and be strong in my mind
> and realise that whatever i feel is OKAY.
>
> We are supposed to feel things, eventhough they
> are confusing and can make us want to crumble
> sometimes.
> It's okay to be angry, be sad and to be happy. But
> these don't tie in directly with what we put in
> our mouths.
>
> I can now really appreciate what you are saying F1
> (and others!) - there is indeed MORE to life than
> food, and I have to say, when we realise this we
> really to grow into the person who we ARE.
>
> And yes- fitness should be a focus because it's
> much harder in our modern lifestyles to manage an
> adequate amount of fitness - I'm typing this as I
> sit in the office. Great job, not so great on my
> butt though ; )
>
> I always feel better when I move. In fact I feel
> like I heal faster when I jump around more. It
> does take time to WANT to understand simple
> truths, but I'm glad that recently I had the talk
> with myself - I told myself ' LISTEN UP! Don't be
> frightened of weight loss, don't be scared of
> food, don't worry what you look like, eating
> naturally can be scary, but things are always
> worse in the mind than they are in reality."
>
> So after talking to myself, I started eating
> better and focusing on getting fitter (or just
> fit).
>
> Sorry for the ramble. I'm just happy that I'm
> starting to come around to the ideas proposed in
> this thread and that hopefully I will learn alot
> more about myself and become a much less fearful
> individual.

That's EXACTLY what I'm talking about, going within yourself and being willing to confront those fears of letting go of the emotional attachment of food and insecurities that come with change!

It takes a brave soul to go in and come out the other side, some people never make it and they stay bitter and twisted/negative but when you make it on the other side you'll find peace and acceptance...CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

F1

Date: December 04, 2007 07:50PM

thank you F1 : ) that made me smile!

I really do feel that I am indeed going within myself - but suprisingly, we are stronger than we realise. I'm holding my own hand, I think it will be aawwwight smiling smiley

thanks again

Date: December 04, 2007 08:00PM

Azura Skye Wrote:
> thank you F1 : ) that made me smile!
>
>
> I really do feel that I am indeed going within
> myself - but suprisingly, we are stronger than we
> realise. I'm holding my own hand, I think it will
> be aawwwight smiling smiley
>
> thanks again

I hear ya, for a lot of reasons other than "food" people are scared to "go within" a lot of people are scared of fitness too because they are scared to go "within", it's so much easier to stay dependent on some guru!

Unfortunatly there's a lot of hurt people out there in the world and most people will seek gratification with "food" because we are conditioned from birth to eat according to our emotions, like I say, it takes a strong/brave individual to break the cycle and take that step inside!

Be good

F1

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/04/2007 08:04PM by The Fruitarian One.

Date: December 04, 2007 09:56PM

I know! It's like we have been conditioned to be frightened of what WE feel and what WE think is right.

It's only natural in some respects, that you get permission to do certain things, but more and more I'm thinking that as adults many people haven't actually grown up!
There is still a child like attitude to trusting oneself.

--------------------------------------------------

[www.azurastorch.blogspot.com]

Date: December 04, 2007 10:06PM

Azura Skye Wrote:

> There is still a child like attitude to trusting
> oneself.

Very much so!!!

F1

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 04, 2007 11:59PM

What is "going within" and how is it accomplished.
Is it mediation, concentration, prayer, or soul search?
Most of us on the raw food diet have done a lot of going within in the sense of questioning the cause of the suffering we were enduring on the SAD. We meet people on the same path and learn from their experience.

Date: December 05, 2007 02:04AM

djachi Wrote:
> What is "going within" and how is it
> accomplished.
> Is it mediation, concentration, prayer, or soul
> search?
> Most of us on the raw food diet have done a lot of
> going within in the sense of questioning the cause
> of the suffering we were enduring on the SAD. We
> meet people on the same path and learn from their
> experience.

For me....

"Going Within" is personal to each individual because we are all have different emotional issues/mindsets and we all live different lives and we've all had different up bringings and we all have our own ways of dealing with things.

"Going Within" is a step by step journey that you take with yourself and mother nature, it can be traumatic for many but you "go within" to find your own personal methods of overcoming/purging your emotional issues and learn to live in ways that makes you happy, you find out what makes you, you,.... you find out what it will take to be who you want to be, even if it means going against what everybody else will think and you learn to love yourself enough to overcome and do what ever it takes to be that person.

"Going Within" is not being dependent on anybody else, nobody knows you better than you, you look "within yourself" for the answers, you are your own guru!!!

"Going within" is where you cut through all the self sabotaging behaviour and accept who you are for all your faults and learn to celebrate, cherish and love yourself and you come out the other end transformed like a beautiful butterfly!!!!

"Going Within" is like working out, everybody can go through the motions thinking they are pushing themselves but in actual fact they are not even scratching the surface!!!

And I've not even scratched the surface with this, besides, like I said, it's all personal to each individual....how you do all of that is up to you....You wanna see a good example of someone that has just started to understand "going within" read Azura Skye's last couple of posts!

F1

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 12/05/2007 02:16AM by The Fruitarian One.

Date: December 05, 2007 12:24PM

thanks F1

djachi - aside from what F1 elegantly says, I think going within is something many of us do on a daily basis, perhaps with out realising it.
I think by your posting here you are already questioning, which is a part of looking inside yourself.
I think going within is akin to looking at yourself properly for the first time, maybe the first time ever - it's taking a rag and cleaning up the dusty mirror so you can see your self truly. No dust blocking the way - no excuses stopping us really looking at who we are.

We can never get a really clear image though as we are always changing and who are we really? But there is certainly a distinct essence of US in each of us, something that makes us different from one another.
But are we the person we think we are? usually we aren't and we just hope that the cleverly arranged dust will give off an image we hope to project.

often times though we are a bit different from the surface, and it can be scary to understand who we really are and what challenges we can't put off any longer.

Perhaps there are no challenges for some people, but it doesn't hurt to make resolutions to strengthen our real selves. : )

--------------------------------------------------

[www.azurastorch.blogspot.com]

Posted by: roadrunner ()
Date: December 06, 2007 01:15AM

hey f-1
heres yet another annoying question for you, I have been watching your videos and theyve been very helpful to me because i was kinda freikin out about my weight which is 160 now, when I was 250 last year at this time. my friends/family say im real skinny and bony but im not worried anymore after watching your videos so thank you, ok question is whats your view on organics vs conventional? I know organics are the best to buy but here where I live there is very little organic produce, we have one store that has it and it is scarce. I was watching your video where youre going thru the produce in the store and talking about starting with the deep greens etc and I was wondering weather or not that produce is organic or not. I have just been washing my produce in natural soap I buy at the health store, then rinsing it and letting it dry, like dishes,lol, jeez. Im beginning to learn that we do not need food like most peopole think we do. I only eat when Im hungry, but I was just wondering if you buy organic period or when you can or what your point of view is especially for us less fortunate to have whole food stores and organic options.thanks bro for taking the time to do what you do.

roadrunner

Date: December 06, 2007 02:18AM

roadrunner Wrote:
> hey f-1
> heres yet another annoying question for you, I
> have been watching your videos and theyve been
> very helpful to me because i was kinda freikin out
> about my weight which is 160 now, when I was 250
> last year at this time. my friends/family say im
> real skinny and bony but im not worried anymore
> after watching your videos so thank you, ok
> question is whats your view on organics vs
> conventional? I know organics are the best to buy
> but here where I live there is very little organic
> produce, we have one store that has it and it is
> scarce. I was watching your video where youre
> going thru the produce in the store and talking
> about starting with the deep greens etc and I was
> wondering weather or not that produce is organic
> or not. I have just been washing my produce in
> natural soap I buy at the health store, then
> rinsing it and letting it dry, like dishes,lol,
> jeez. Im beginning to learn that we do not need
> food like most peopole think we do. I only eat
> when Im hungry, but I was just wondering if you
> buy organic period or when you can or what your
> point of view is especially for us less fortunate
> to have whole food stores and organic
> options.thanks bro for taking the time to do what
> you do.
>
> roadrunner

Already answered it buddy!

F1

Posted by: roadrunner ()
Date: December 06, 2007 12:32PM

????
roadrunner

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables