Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: what can you NOt eat raw? ie. potatoes, etc?
Posted by: EnlightenmentNow ()
Date: February 06, 2008 03:42PM

It ALL depends on how hungry you are. Have you ever been REALLY hungry? ....and I mean..

..so hungry that you eat Oxygen....eat the stuff in the middle of Oxygen? ....that empty space in the middle there?

Try it sometime. It's ok, it only feels like you're dying,...but you're probably actually really just living for the first time, while your mind is re-organizing itself a bit.

Love,
Paul

[www.oneillpaul.com-a.googlepages.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: birch ()
Date: February 07, 2008 08:42PM

Asparagus is wonderful raw. I like it by itself, but I've also had a lucious raw asparagus (cold) soup I made from a cookbook. Will try to find the recipe. But my experience is that some raw vegetables which are difficult to digest in their whole raw state (you mentioned spinach, asparagus, there are others) are much easier to digest when juiced or blended, which is what was done with the asparagus.
A little oil, if you approve it, or mashed avocado, goes a long way too.

Posted by: brenna ()
Date: February 18, 2008 05:51PM

I don't think it tastes good, but my husband loves to drink a mix of carrot and potato juice. He says it's delicious.

Posted by: mindy66 ()
Date: March 29, 2013 11:52PM

Bumping this post because I found it interesting. I was searching to find out if raw asparagus are ok to eat.

Can anyone tell me of a resource that they really trust to find these answers out. Answers, that is, to what plant foods are NOT ok to eat raw and why. ??

I am curious about several things, one being asparagus, another being sweet potato and yet another raw, fresh green beans (out of the garden - trying to decide whether to plant any)

Coco make a suggestion on this thread (sev yrs ago) to someone that instead of actually cooking a veggie (forget which one they were talking about), the veggie could instead be "cooked" in lemon juice and ?? was it olive oil? Anyhow, I thought, Oooo I wonder how many veggies can be "cooked" like that. What a great idea. Kind of like Ceviche.

Thanks all

Mindy

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/29/2013 11:57PM by mindy66.

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables