Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

A Fond Farewell
Posted by: kwan ()
Date: December 11, 2007 04:01PM

Dear Friends,
I'm going to be taking a long sabbatical from rawfoods.com (except maybe to lurk once in awhile), and I just wanted to say good-bye and wish everyone well and say that if I have hurt anyone's feelings on this board, I am sorry. I care very deeply about the fate of the planet, and in trying to be who I am and share my perspective, I've aroused the ire of a number of people. This whole issue of how to express 'positive' energy in the world is hugely important, and I believe if we don't get it right and we continue to be afraid of looking at the dark places in life, it ('it' being all the stuff we're ignoring) will blow up in our faces. I have a long, thorough history in the new thought and metaphysical community-- yes I used to be totally into the 'think only positive thoughts and look away from anything you don't want to see' philosophy, participating in the Abraham forum, the Science of Mind forum, and studying Joel Goldsmith and others, but over time I began to see it as an unhealthy perspective in certain ways, that can be damaging and devolutionary, ultimately creating what we're seeing today: a society that is less and less responsive to the commonweal, where apathy trumps being your brother's keeper. In expressing my concern about the 'positive thinking only' movement that prevails on this board, I believe I've inadvertently given the impression that I think negative thinking is a really great thing. No, no, I don't! I do, however, believe in reality-based (rather than magical) thinking, and even going beyond words and thoughts altogether. In my personal life I'm always trying to look for and create the positive. It's a complex subject that can't be sifted through in a cursory manner. Anyway, I wish each and every one of you the very best.

Love, joy and peace--

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: A Fond Farewell
Posted by: Prism ()
Date: December 11, 2007 06:50PM

I'm sorry you aren't going to be posting as often..but I hope you will drop in and let us know what you are up to.

I don't see where you've upset anyone here, but I don't follow all the threads. Sometimes I also take breaks from websites that seem contentious and not very conducive to the learning experience, and sometimes after being gone for awhile from them I never return. Other websites I do go back to as you say to lurk, read, just to gather information.

It's winter and I think we make changes often during this time, maybe just to get our blood flowingsmiling smiley Happy Holidays, and have a rawsome New Year!

Love,
Prism

Date: December 11, 2007 07:34PM

kwan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Dear Friends,
> I'm going to be taking a long sabbatical from
> rawfoods.com (except maybe to lurk once in
> awhile), and I just wanted to say good-bye and
> wish everyone well and say that if I have hurt
> anyone's feelings on this board, I am sorry. I
> care very deeply about the fate of the planet, and
> in trying to be who I am and share my perspective,
> I've aroused the ire of a number of people. This
> whole issue of how to express 'positive' energy in
> the world is hugely important, and I believe if we
> don't get it right and we continue to be afraid of
> looking at the dark places in life, it ('it' being
> all the stuff we're ignoring) will blow up in our
> faces. I have a long, thorough history in the new
> thought and metaphysical community-- yes I used to
> be totally into the 'think only positive thoughts
> and look away from anything you don't want to see'
> philosophy, participating in the Abraham forum,
> the Science of Mind forum, and studying Joel
> Goldsmith and others, but over time I began to see
> it as an unhealthy perspective in certain ways,
> that can be damaging and devolutionary, ultimately
> creating what we're seeing today: a society that
> is less and less responsive to the commonweal,
> where apathy trumps being your brother's keeper.
> In expressing my concern about the 'positive
> thinking only' movement that prevails on this
> board, I believe I've inadvertently given the
> impression that I think negative thinking is a
> really great thing. No, no, I don't! I do,
> however, believe in reality-based (rather than
> magical) thinking, and even going beyond words and
> thoughts altogether. In my personal life I'm
> always trying to look for and create the positive.
> It's a complex subject that can't be sifted
> through in a cursory manner. Anyway, I wish each
> and every one of you the very best.
>
> Love, joy and peace--

You'll be sorely missed!!!!
Be good!!!

F1

Posted by: angie1 ()
Date: December 11, 2007 07:40PM

I didn't find any of your posts offensive.. I agree totally with your statements above - that being too positive is not reality and that it causes people to turn a blind eye to the suffering around them. If you think about it, it's the so-called "negative" experiences that really clarify our souls. So yeah - you will be missed. I love reading your posts and wish you the best in life!

-Angie

Posted by: dancerinthenight ()
Date: December 12, 2007 02:19AM

Dear Kwan:

You will be missed (by me). I love your energy, your ability to see and speak the truth, and your beauty. Thank you for being of support. I am very appreciative.

xoxo
ali

Posted by: Seabucktho ()
Date: December 12, 2007 05:14AM

Good luck, beautiful! I've always found you a respectful and responsible communicator.

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: December 12, 2007 05:46AM

This one's for you kwan!

(click on Louis)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/08/2023 01:49AM by Prana.

Posted by: Lillianswan ()
Date: December 12, 2007 06:11AM

It's nice to know you'll be back!

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: December 12, 2007 07:55AM

hey Bryan

wow.. thanks for the Louis Armstrong's "Wonderful World"
I LOVE that song to PIECES! but strangely enough, it is so beautiful that it makes me cry.

though, i must admit , i did approve of his sly surreptitious expression right after he sung the phrase "dark sacred nights" LOL

Posted by: Lorretta ()
Date: December 12, 2007 05:40PM

Hi Kwan
I enjoy your posts.
Thanks for sharing your gifts with us.
I thank you for being who you are, a truly inspirational powerful soul.

Enjoy your sabbatical
Best wishes
Lorretta

Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: December 12, 2007 07:52PM

I love your perspective and your empathy. I have learned a lot from you. Thank you. You have never offended me but, really, that wouldn't be such a bad thing. Some may be offended too easily and that would be their issue not ours. I hope you find contentment. Keep being a wonderful teacher!!

Posted by: Fud ()
Date: December 12, 2007 09:03PM

You're one of the few people that inspires me on here Kwan. Would "please don't go" be out of line?

Please stay in contact. If you have some other place you frequent perhaps we could visit you there also.

Glen F

[rawfoodtrip.blogspot.com]
[jugglingforjoy.com]

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: December 13, 2007 04:58AM

la_veronique,

me too! I love this song. Louis Armstrong has so much heart.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 13, 2007 02:54PM

me three! i watched it with little. his comments? "boy, that man has a nice voice for singing mummy. and lots of good rhyming words too!"

heeheeheeheehee.

Posted by: singinraw ()
Date: December 13, 2007 05:01PM

Hi kwan,
awww please stay will be sad to see you go sad smiley

I really hope things go well for you, I like your meditation music and you have so much to offer the world

Please stay at least some I'll miss you psoting here please don't go its too sad to see people go please stay with us

Posted by: Kit ()
Date: December 14, 2007 04:59AM

What the...Now kwan, didn't I make mention once that being the squeaky wheel isn't all hearts and flowers. What, you thought I was joshing?smiling smiley
Thank goodness for some of the squeaky wheels through history. Without them where would we be?

Your posts have been helpful to me with info about fasting and all kinds of things. I always feel comfortable towards you. Hopefully I'll run across you again.

Good luck with gardening this Spring. Bet you like it.

Kit

Posted by: flex4life ()
Date: December 14, 2007 05:26AM

I agree with you Kwan, positive thinking movement is very surface oriented. When we get passed that phase we realise how vast our consciousness really is. Consciously diving into the fear/suffering and accepting is what allows that energy to transmute back into wholeness.

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/14/2007 05:31AM by flex4life.

Posted by: khale ()
Date: December 14, 2007 12:43PM

Kwan wrote:

"in trying to be who I am and share my perspective, I've aroused the ire of a number of people. This whole issue of how to express 'positive' energy in the world is hugely important, and I believe if we don't get it right and we continue to be afraid of looking at the dark places in life,"

It seems to me that arousing the ire of a number of people is a given when one chooses to look at and speak of the "dark places in life" Kwan. There is some inconsistency in your logic here. The major reason most people won't risk "being who they are" is fear of other peoples "ire". If a person is going to be themselves and speak their truth they need to develop a tough skin regarding other peoples "ire" and keep on speaking...a little "ire" never kilt nobody.

I say, "stay and preach it baby"

khale

Posted by: khale ()
Date: December 14, 2007 01:12PM

One more thing and I'll shut up:

If individuals and nations are to find lasting and true peace, conflict must be faced. The avoidance of conflict is not the solution.

besides: "Tis an ill wind that blows no minds"
_Malaclypse the Younger, Principia Discordia

Posted by: Mona ()
Date: December 14, 2007 01:34PM

Hi Sharrhan,

We will miss you. Hope you come back as a regular again soon. Love your posts, love your knowledge, love your gifts you share with us.

The song Wonderful World is beautiful. I noticed when I scrolled down on the related videos, I saw a Ramones video of it. It's excellent, then again, I'm a big fan of the Ramones. I think it may reflect what you're saying in regards to over-positive thinking verses reality.

Take care of yourself and keep in touch.

Much love,

Mona

Together we can do what we could never do alone.

Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: December 14, 2007 06:45PM

Amen Khale. Don't be the one to get your feelings hurt. Say what you believe in and stand behind it. Develop a tough skin!!!

Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: December 15, 2007 01:53AM

I love that Khale: "Tis an ill wind that blows no minds"!

Just wanted to add "me too" to all the people above who will miss Kwan's posts here.

Looking forward to your return Kwan, whenever.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 12/15/2007 01:58AM by suncloud.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables