Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

What would you do if...
Posted by: angie1 ()
Date: December 15, 2007 05:15AM

Here is something I thought of...

Ok after you do some really major detoxing, obviously your body becomes extremely more sensitive than the average Joe on the SAD diet. One of these paranoid things I always worry about... What if you were in some horrible accident and rendered unconcious and EMTs trying to save your life gave you the average dose of meds and/or anesthesia for some life saving operation... could the regular dose kill a raw foodist? I have always wondered this. Anyone ever had a serious accident and had this happen? I also wonder if they would take you seriously if you were conscious enough to explain, "LOWER DOSE please, I am VERY sensitive!"

Thoughts on this?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What would you do if...
Posted by: Prism ()
Date: December 15, 2007 05:45AM

Maybe have a medical alert wristband that states that? I don't know, but I've thought of that too at times.

Love,
Prism

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: December 15, 2007 09:07AM

Would it kill me? No. Afterwords....I would continue to live my life in a way that promoted health and freedom.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: Lee_123 ()
Date: December 15, 2007 11:46AM

I don't think it would kill me.

Afterwards, when I left the hospital, I'd know what to do to further heal myself.

Lee

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 15, 2007 02:23PM

you know, there are a thousand things like this that you could fill your mind with but the stress of that IS way worse than the effect of the medicine you're worrying about.

the best thing you can do for your health, IMHO, it to keep your mind healthy too. focus on the postive, or at least leave the dire "what if's" behind!

Posted by: selenes512 ()
Date: December 15, 2007 05:14PM

No matter how sensitive you are, unless you have an allergy a life-saving dose of anything wont kill you. When Raw foodists say they are more sensitive to things, mostly that is because they are more in tune with their bodies, and notice side effects more readily than other people. For example, if you were to take a nasal decongestant, you might notice more that it makes you jittery or aggitated (active ingrediant is a stimulant) but that doesnt mean that it is actually riasing your blood pressure more than anybody else's. Does that make sense?

Posted by: lemoned ()
Date: December 15, 2007 08:59PM

I don't think it would kill you. But I know I felt eally uncomfortable recently when I got anesthesia at the dentist. I asked for the non-novocaine "weak" stuff but I definitely felt out of it afterwards anyways.

Posted by: karennd ()
Date: December 17, 2007 06:06PM

The anesthesia probably wouldn't kill you but medicine they might try to give you later in the hospital could be a problem. Remember, all medicine has been tested on cooked food eaters.

This is from a talk I went to by Tonya Zavasta, a 10 year raw foodist. She said at the beginning of her raw food journey she had to have several hip surgeries due to a birth deformity that she could finally get fixed once she moved to the U.S. She was eating raw foods and juicing to help her heal faster. The nurse came in one day with a pill. What's that, she said. Coumadin, it's to thin your blood. But, she said, my blood is already thin from juicing. They told her she had to take it. She called her doctor and he said she had to take it because if she had a stroke while in the hospital he would be held liable if she didn't take Coumadin. She asked what her options were and he said aspirin. So she said fine. The advantage of the aspirin was that the nurse didn't watch her take it. So it went down the toilet.

Years later she read that one risk of Coumadin was that if you eat a lot of greens you could bleed out. So, it probably would have killed her!

So, we do have to watch out for ourselves and protect ourselves the best we can. But, on the other hand, let's think positively and believe that we will not be in a horrible accident. :-)

Karen DeVeaux
[www.healingtype1diabetes.typepad.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables