Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

i've just discovered!
Posted by: sprouter ()
Date: December 16, 2007 08:48AM

most incredible series have books I have ever read. Anastasia, by Vladamir Megre is a true story about a young girl living in the Taiga forest with no shelter, no bed, absolutley nothing but natures gifts. She's been born and raised on a living raw diet and has incredible abilities that are capable for all humans. I was so spiritually uplifted by this book, feeling chills and rushes of euphoria! It has so much beautiful down to earth information about life. One part in particular that moved me was about how to grow plants. Simply place the seed under your tongue for a half hour, put it in th earth with intention of love. The plant will pick up the right nutrition from the earth specifically for your body....sounds crazy but makes sense at the same time. If one seed can produce hundreds of fruits, it;s capacities are limitless. Anyways sorry to go off about this book, but it really is incredible. Has any one else read it?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: i've just discovered!
Posted by: Prism ()
Date: December 16, 2007 06:59PM

Sounds good, I'm putting it on my book list, thanks for the tip!

Love,
Prism

Posted by: brokenbrooke ()
Date: December 16, 2007 09:25PM

sounds like a great story....
i too have put it on my list..
thanks....

Posted by: karennd ()
Date: December 17, 2007 10:04PM

Yes, I read the first book in the series and enjoyed it. There is controversy over whether it is a true story or not.

I'm not sure I believe it is true, but it was still fun to read and the planting information made sense.

Karen DeVeaux
[www.healingtype1diabetes.typepad.com]

Posted by: ryandvan ()
Date: December 21, 2007 12:33AM

While at the Raw Spirit Festival in Sedona I kept hearing people talk about this book (including David Wolfe). When someone told me about the seeds and the growing (there is more to it - including watering the plants with water from washing your body), and how the plants can receive and store personal information, I decided I would look into it. I was just going to get the first book, but after reading the reviews on the website (http://www.ringingcedars.com - cheapest place to order I've found), I decided to get the whole series. After reading the first book, I must say, I am not disappointed. There is so much bazaar and yet almost believable information in the book that it isn't something you can just casually flip through and be done with. I'm still trying to wrap my mind around some of it (one reason why I'm only to the second book after two months). I've flip flopped back and forth on whether it is true several times. I currently believe it is, but some of it could be just a touch exaggerated. But the strange thing is, even if this is NOT true it is so amazing, the philosophies it puts forth, the poetic beauty, the ideas, that is still an amazing book and well worth the read. This book has spawned eco-retreats all across Russia (where it has sold 10 million copies). HIGHLY recommended!

-Ryan
radicalvitality.com

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/21/2007 12:35AM by ryandvan.

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: December 21, 2007 04:00AM

not sure if i read it
i read a bunch of stuff then forget the titles
was that the one where her and her mom was banished to the steppes
it was freezing, they were treated like prisoners
and then something about finally attaining a piece of soap and being extremely grateful and exultant about it cuz they could wash their clothes too with it.. some soap made out of animal fat or something like that? geez... i am not sure if that is the right one

if in any of the scenes they make a BIG deal out of the soap
then that is the book .. if not, then, no.. probably not

i didn't know it was a series ( if i m thinking of the right one)
i just read the first one...

sounds familiar..

Posted by: Prism ()
Date: December 21, 2007 06:08AM

Thanks for the link Ryan, and what's cool is you can read some of each book, which there seems to be 7 so far.

Love,
Prism

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables