Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

bingeing sad smiley
Posted by: claire ()
Date: January 04, 2008 09:08PM

Hi all

Since starting to go raw over the past couple of weeks I have ended up bingeing so badly...on nuts (see previous thread!) but also on junk (chocolate, crisps, chips...).

I don't want to do this! I want to go raw and I actually do love raw food so I'm not sure why this is happening but it's really upsetting. I am a perfectly healthy weight at the moment (120 5'4) but will be getting fat fast at this rate...

Any tips? Anyone else experienced this?

Claire

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: bingeing sad smiley
Posted by: rawdanceruk ()
Date: January 04, 2008 09:52PM

Green smoothies for craving

Eating enough raw to satsify yourself-- dont leave yourself feeling hungry for long periods when you first start out.

Is the binge emotional? -- boredom? .. or actual hunger?

Whatever the root you can overcome it.

Walk prepared-- always have more than enough food-- fruit, veg, dips, salads, brownies-- whatever it takes

Eat raw, eat plentiful.

Hope that helps. Feel free to message me if you want any support.

Date: January 04, 2008 10:09PM

Thanks for the kind message...

I know that I do eat emotionally, but tonight I think I was just hungry as well. Ate a huge salad and felt really full, then about an hour after had that awful hunger that you can't get rid of no matter what you eat...I guess I know that is not really hunger, that is craving!

I will try to retrain myself to eat green smoothies/fruit when I get like this - thanks for the idea.

I guess establishing any new routine takes time and involves mistakes.

Where in the UK are you based - not so many Brits on here! smiling smiley

Posted by: rawdanceruk ()
Date: January 04, 2008 10:25PM

Supersize the salads-- sproutes, avo -- all your favourite things.

Keep well stocked, so you dont get that manic hunger!!

Yeah..keep your chin up, you will find the right pattern in time smiling smiley

London and Norfolk..depending on the week!

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Raw since March 2007

http://rawveganlondoner.blogspot.com/

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: January 04, 2008 10:38PM

I hear you.

-Somewhere between binging and all-raw...YOU must be honest....about a level of healthy eating that is right for YOU. More important than any empirical 'correctness' or 'scientific' determination is the day-to-day necessity / chance to feel fundamentally friendly....and OK....and show friendliness to yourself and your diet. NO person or situation can stop that. And that underlying friendly relationship WILL give rise to all the other things.

-The above suggestions are great. Being a very goal-oriented and religious man, my advice/opinion is to set VERY SMALL goals (with timetables) and keep them. If you EVER fail at ANYTHING...it is simply a case of un-realistic goals. This is not an external problem - if you see what I mean.

-If you are concerned and/or proactive, you can also meet with any number of open over-eating groups (check the community calendar in your newspaper)...when you can talk about your concerns with others who have been in a similar experience or worse.

-Just think of how YOU will be able to help others when you bring mastery, good-will, and acceptance to those things you find least acceptable in yourself.

-Just some thoughts. Remember that the greatest energies are liberated from the smallest particles. I like that one.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: January 05, 2008 05:35AM

Claire,

Check out an article I wrote called Success on the raw foods diet.

Date: January 05, 2008 07:53AM

Thanks for all these helpful responses

Claire

Posted by: dancerinthenight ()
Date: January 06, 2008 02:33AM

For me bingeing is largely an expression of unexpressed creativity, passion, sensuality. Perhaps art, movement, relationship are good anecdotes.

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: January 06, 2008 05:01AM

Claire,

Also check out this thread What will you manifest with your raw energy?. Bingeing is another form of grounding with food.

Date: January 06, 2008 09:30AM

Once again, thanks to everyone for these excellent tips

Claire

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables