Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

avacado allergy?
Posted by: dinesh75 ()
Date: January 07, 2008 02:25PM

Hey guys,

I have no allergies as far as I know. Pollen, nuts, wheat none at all.

Yesterday, I had a raw avacado for the first time in my entire life. Hated the taste.

What was more interesting is that I did not feel good after eating that. Withink 15 mins, my stomach was cramping and my face became red. Even my eyes became bloodshot (could be because I was uncomfortable). I also felt a but nauseous. So at first I thought I was having an allergic reaction. So kept drinking water and after about an hour or so of being uncomfortable it went away and I was fine.

What do you guys think it was? I don't mind skipping avacados as I hated the taste too.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: avacado allergy?
Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: January 07, 2008 02:58PM

Everyone has different sensitivities and preferences. You may accept Florida avocados and NOT California. It COULD have just been something on the skin of the avocado...or just that ONE avocado. Ha! ha! Furthermore: folks that do not mono-eat are often subjected to various reactions that have less to do with the food they are eating....and more the state of the food/desosits that are already inside them - if you follow my meaning.

-If you want to be sure....fast for a meal or two...and then try the item/variety in question. If you have a big problem - avoid it. Anyway, if you find something utterly unappealing - you should probably avoid it. Don't force yourself to eat crap you hate.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: January 07, 2008 03:03PM

Was it soft and creamy, or hard and crunchy? Perhaps it was not ripe.

Date: January 07, 2008 03:31PM

Thanks guys. It was soft and creamy. Quite ripe.

I think it was a haas avacado.

Also, I eat raw broccoli every day. I HATE IT! I have been eating raw broccoli for over 2 years but never got used to the bitter taste of the florets. I do not want to stop eating as they are very good for me, but how do I manage the taste? Usually, I eat them with green,black olives and just manage. But I do end up eating around 10-15 olives in one session. Is that a lot of fat?

Date: January 07, 2008 05:35PM

I hardly eat olives just for the fact that all store bought olives are not raw. If you order it on line, that's the best way to insure raw olives. I love olives and I think eating the amount of olives you eat is better than being SAD.

As for Broccoli, I love it! Sometimes I make my own dressing and pour it on them, or dip and eat tons of broccoli diped in my homemade recipes.

As for Avocados, I couldn't live without them! I used to eat two a day for months, but now I'll have two a week. I love making guacamole and stuffing them in mushroom caps!

Date: January 07, 2008 06:58PM

hey dee,

Thanks for the reply. I usually buy my olives from the whole foods olive bar. Are they raw? I enjoy eating them.

Posted by: karennd ()
Date: January 07, 2008 07:42PM

The olives are only raw if they are labelled unpasteurized at the olive bar.

I used to eat lots of broccoli, it was my favorite vegetable. Then a chiropractor tested me with kinesiology and said I was hypersensitive to it and it wasn't good for me. So, I haven't eaten it in years.

I say don't eat the stuff that tastes awful to you and that you have to disguise with other foods. It may be that broccoli isn't a good food for you, at least not yet, it could change. Same with avocados.

Do you like cauliflower? Do you like tahini?

Karen DeVeaux
[www.healingtype1diabetes.typepad.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/07/2008 07:43PM by karennd.

Date: January 07, 2008 08:32PM

Hi Karen,

Never had tahini before. I like cauliflower and it's sweet taste. No probs at all. I eat raw broccoli as it is supposed to be awesome!

I shall check out if the olives are unpasteurized today.

Posted by: anaken ()
Date: January 08, 2008 03:19AM

Something made your stomach hurt that you don't like in the first place and you are worried you might have an allergy in which you cannot have it again?

TIME for a new present thought

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables