Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Need some natural skincare advice
Posted by: Soraya ()
Date: January 10, 2008 06:06PM

I experienced a big acne flareup after going raw, but it is now largely under control, thank goodness. Unfortunately, I have been left with quite a few brown spots where my blemishes were, and I want my beautiful even-toned skin back! All suggestions as to gentle,non-fragranced,natural products that might help get rid of my spots will be most welcome; thanks,guys!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Need some natural skincare advice
Posted by: musicbebe ()
Date: January 11, 2008 12:42AM

I've heard coconut oil is really good for our skin. One lady at the health food store I met told me she had been using it twice a day for 9 months and all the moles on her chest began growing out and falling off. I use it as a moisturizer after I wash my face. Sometimes I get tiny blemishes from clogged pores from using it I guess. But it heals dry, reddened skin in the winter on me. I've tried Burt's bee's royal jelly moisturizer and I like the coconut oil better. Plus coconut oil is 100 percent natural!

Date: January 11, 2008 12:47AM

Also, my husband once used a non-natural bar of soap to cleanse his body and got an itchy rash all over. Coconut oil healed that. When I was first detoxing I had a bad rectal itching problem...coconut oil applied to the area made that go away. Here is a very informative article on coconut oil and it's use for the skin. [www.coconut-connections.com]

Posted by: Seabucktho ()
Date: January 11, 2008 12:47AM

I'm not here to schill for my company, but seabuckthorn oil is very good for evening out the complexion (and for acne too, BTW.) [www.seabuckthorn.com] order page for the oils
[www.seabuckthorn.com] info page for the oils

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/11/2008 12:48AM by Seabucktho.

Posted by: cocoa_nibs ()
Date: January 11, 2008 12:48AM

Same boat! I have been using morrocco shampoos as face wash, and it has helped the redness. I leave it on for a second, just like a mask. I found this somewhere on his website: [morroccomethod.com]

I am looking for make up that covers safely without aggravating the problem. Any tipps?

Date: January 11, 2008 12:51AM

cocoa_nibs,

Have you tried Gabriel Cosmetics? Their makeup is all natural and covers really well. I don't know how it would do on your skin though, as everyone is different, but I really like it. BTW I am a former Mary Kay and Avon lady and used to love and search for the perfect makeup. Gabriel cosmetics tops my list so far, even against the chemically laden brands in terms of makeup performance. And health-wise, it's much better, of course!

Date: January 11, 2008 01:11AM

[eightofspades.vox.com]

Have you heard about this? I know coco does this method.

Posted by: khale ()
Date: January 11, 2008 02:10PM

I use the castor oil/ olive oil mixture to cleanse my face every morning and I'm impressed with the results that I'm getting. My skin glows! Plus, the castor oil is reputed to help with blemish and age spots...although the process is slow.

This is a very inexpensive way to take excellent care of the skin. a quarter cup of the mixture lasts up to two weeks!...a little goes a long way.

...and happy new year everyone! I've been in lurk mode, but I'm still here.

khale

Posted by: Soraya ()
Date: January 11, 2008 08:08PM

Thanks for your replies, everyone; I appreciate them!

Musicbebe: I do use coconut oil sometimes, but find that it's a tad heavy/thick for using on my face..though it's great everywhere else! Now I'm experimenting with some lighter ones - almond,or one from Morrocco Method, for instance - and that works much better for me.

Cocoa_nibs: I do use a Morrocco Method shampoo (Earth) on my face also...that's been my secret for clean,glowing,soft skin for a few weeks now! Love the stuff. It's the dark marks I want to say goodbye to as well...

Deegary: Yes, I read about oil cleansing in one of the archival posts; sounds intriguing, plus I already knew about using olive oil as a cleanser...

Seabuckthorn: Thanks for the link, I will have a look.

Khale: Thanks for your feedback, and a Happy New Year to you as well - and everyone else!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables