Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Tea anyone?
Posted by: Haida ()
Date: January 11, 2008 02:36PM

I enjoy herbal teas. Black tea, and most teas with caffeine I do not drink. However, I have a cup of herbal tea everyday. Our tea cabinet has over ten varieties of herbal teas. During the summer I let the tea bag sit in room temp. water or brew it in the sun, but during winter I do like hot tea. How do you prepare your tea? Do you drink herbal teas? Heat water? I dont let the water boil, I do not believe that would be good for the structure of the water. I use filtered water. Would you drink a cup of hot herbal tea for medicinal purposes?

Blessed!
Haida

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Tea anyone?
Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: January 11, 2008 02:50PM

I avoid teas, since always found them less sustaining and vital than fresh, whole, raw plant foods. I find the food itself - or lack thereof - to be the best medicine for me. And certainly the caffeine was of NO benefit to be whatsoever! Ha! ha! I certainly understand others use of these items - and support them (and you Haida) 100% if you feel you are able to bring more consciousness to your food intake by drinking teas. I'm sure many of the wonderful folks on this board can give you some great suggestions.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: January 11, 2008 04:38PM

I drink hot brewed herbal tea. I don't plan on giving it up but you never know.

Posted by: mrdc ()
Date: January 11, 2008 06:18PM

I'm from Canada and can NOT live without tea in the winter.
I simply get too cold and end up catching colds or flu's.

That is my experience, everyone is different.
I brew them normally, boiling water.

dave

Posted by: dinesh75 ()
Date: January 11, 2008 06:22PM

I drink tea during the weekdays. I drink Green and white teas steeped in hot water and then honey added for sweetening. I don't plan to give it up any time soon.

Posted by: Funky Rob ()
Date: January 11, 2008 06:46PM

I enjoy drinking herbal teas. I make them in the regular way with boiling water. I've been raw for over 5 years and I don't have any negative reaction to drinking herbal teas, I don't see a problem with it if it works for you.

Rob

--
Rob Hull - Funky Raw
My blog: [www.rawrob.com]

Posted by: karennd ()
Date: January 11, 2008 07:06PM

I gave up all my tea and threw a bunch in the trash when I read an article saying that they found out that one company had been speeding up the drying of the tea leaves by driving over them with their diesel trucks and the tea leaves were very high in lead as a result. I think this was in Mercola's newsletter, but it may have been a different one - I can't remember.

Karen DeVeaux
[www.healingtype1diabetes.typepad.com]

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 11, 2008 07:17PM

I love herbal tea.

I use herbal tea as the basis of my green smoothies

My favorite book on herbal tea is by Brigette Mars

Posted by: lemoned ()
Date: January 11, 2008 08:17PM

I have had a secret affair with handsome Earl Grey for many years....

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables