Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Changes you have noticed since starting Rawfoods...
Posted by: plastic ()
Date: February 06, 2008 05:49PM

Hey Everyone!

I'm posting this because I just started back on Rawfoods a couple of days ago and I'm in dire need of some support.

Today is day four, and since I've started back, I've noticed that I have a lot more energy and I'm able to concentrate way better and my mood has also climbed to an all-time high. Eating a diet made up of 100 % Rawfoods is like a drug for me.I run 5 miles every two days now( had to slow down because of bad knees),and alo do weight training.

I would love if everyone could just post their comments and concerns regarding the changes that Rawfoods bring to each of you.

Also I'm looking for a menu/plan with Rawfoods to speed up my weight-loss. Any ideas regarding that?

Love

Vic

XOXO

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Changes you have noticed since starting Rawfoods...
Posted by: MauiGreg ()
Date: February 06, 2008 07:25PM

Aloha Vic,

Congrats on trying raw again. This is a great place for support.

Most of the changes I've experienced since raw (8+ months) aren't easily quantifiable aside from losing 50+ lbs and my skin clearing up, and aches and pains disappearing. Most of the changes are about increased energy in all areas of my life, better sleep, healthier attitude towards my life, etc.

For me, everything has changed dramatically, and it just keeps getting better every moment! The only experience that was a little unpleasant was the initial detox, but even that was welcome! I made the transition very abruptly...almost overnight, but if you transition more gently you may avoid the heavy detox that I experienced.

There are so many wonderful, knowledgeable and supportive people here... you've come to the right place. There is a great collection of articles and recipes on the home page. When I first joined i spent a few days just reading and exploring this site.

As far as weight loss... It just came off easily for me, just by switching to raw and staying active. Now that i have a few months experience I'm experimenting with fine tuning my intakes of certain foods (like nuts). that's what I love about being raw, for me, it's not a diet as much as a lifestyle...and it is evolving everyday.

Keep up the good work!

Aloha Nui Loa,

Greg

A great many people think they are thinking when they are really rearranging their prejudices. - William James

There is no pill that can be swallowed,
There is no guru, that can be followed, - Michael Franti (Pray For Grace)

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion. - Albert Camus

Posted by: Sapphire ()
Date: February 06, 2008 07:54PM

Welcome Vic!!

If you are looking towards losing a bit of weight and maintaining an athletic lifestyle, you may find the 80/10/10 program very helpful. I bought the book, and I really like it, although I don't always keep my ratios just so.

But if you are starting out, check out this raw food diary. I bet you will find it extremely interesting, even if only to compare your experiences: DIARY

Good luck, and please stay in touch - this forum is a great help.

Sapphire

Posted by: Dulset ()
Date: February 06, 2008 08:03PM

Congratulations on finding your new raw groove!

A before and after raw analogy for me would be like a half asleep fish livng in a dingy dirty aquarium vs a happy fish in a clean sunny aquarium full of beatiful green plants sunshine and sparling rocks. But the aquarium feels small.

For menus have a look at Dr Grahams 80/10/10 diet especially since you are so active.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/06/2008 08:07PM by Dulset.

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: February 06, 2008 09:46PM

Many small things, of course. But some pretty amazing things as well. Of course you have healthy weight, less fatigue, better sleep, better skin, etc. But my quite balding head had grown back rather full over the course of a year or two....which is quite amazing really. Rapid healing, better handling of emotions, etc., are also some wonderful benefits I've experienced.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: Peisinoe ()
Date: February 07, 2008 08:58AM

Wait until your senses heighten:
ie, sense of smell grinning smiley

xxpeisi

~I've tasted of the fruit,
it's opened up my eyes...~
-Infected Mushroom

Posted by: shaine ()
Date: February 07, 2008 11:36AM

I'd agree with dulset's description. maybe not such a small aquarium though. more like a river verses a pond, same space to move back and forth, but always changing.

I like to list, so here's what i've found since going raw:
brighter, whiter eyes.
ENERGY from waking to sleeping
faster running
stronger (and more visible) muscles
more acute sense of taste and smell
sensitivity to BAD stuff (second hand smoke, exhaust, etc)
REAL appetite, not boredom driven
more motivation
more compliments
less dinner invitations
lots of questions about my "DIET"
calmer attitude

more, I'm sure, but I have to get on with my morning...

you're going to enjoy this, for however long you're raw.

measure twice, cut once.

"In Watermelon Sugar the deeds were done and done again as my life is done in watermelon sugar." ~r.brautigan

I make paintings

Posted by: phantom ()
Date: February 08, 2008 04:19PM

It's been two months for me, and some of the biggest changes I've noticed are:

-Dropped 20 pounds without even TRYING (I was a size 3 before I started)
-Sharpening of senses: smell, taste, and possibly vibrancy of colors in nature (maybe it's an eye for fruit? ^.~)
-Overcame a long and paralyzing depression, found a renewed sense of belonging to the world, moods are much more stable
-More energy
-Increased sensitivity/empathy/compassion for all things living
-Starting to want children *!* (still a long way off, but I never thought I'd WANT them)
-Sleep patterns corrected themselves: I used to sleep 4AM-noon, and now I'm sleeping 12:30-8:30 and feeling awesome

Every day is a new and wonderful day, full of changes. It's not to say there weren't struggles: battling old cravings, and overcoming old thought patterns--my own inner demons.

Also, I still have loads of fun trying new and exotic fruits! I took a mangosteen to work the other day, and it caused quite the stir--I'm sure all humans are innately curious about fruit. I've started sprouting--simple, delicious, and it's magic to watch sprouts grow. I can't wait to get out of my apartment and start some real gardening. >8)

It's definitely a journey, and worth fighting every struggle you encounter. You are what you eat, and I am ALIVE!

Posted by: pampam ()
Date: February 08, 2008 05:07PM

I started eating raw last june and here are some of the changes:

starting weight-360 weight now 259
skin clear and very silkey soft
energy is sustainable and lasting
temperment is more stable
sense of smell very acute
depression is lifting
brainfog gone {did'nt even know I had brainfog}
feet pain gone {I can get up from a sitting or laying position quickley}
Able to breath deaper
Able to have a better posture without thinking about it
smileing more
feeling more confidant
for some reason a sense of fear is gone
for some reason I feel an inner peace
some sort of spiritual experiance
feelings of love and forgiveness towards others
awareness of what the foods I eat are doing in my body ( that one is kinda hard to explaine)
There is more but I will leave that to others. Overall eating raw foods is the best way of life.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: February 09, 2008 10:47PM

I've noticed that I'm sleeping deeper now and have more energy during the day.

If you're looking for menu plans you might want to join Frederic Patenaude's inner circle.
[www.fredericpatenaude.com]
It includes monthly raw food menus using seasonal ingredients for that month which takes the guess work out of figuring out what to eat.

Posted by: badawie ()
Date: February 09, 2008 11:33PM

I have many of what has already been mentioned..and my thyroid seems to be healing. I need half the thyroxine I was originally prescribed..hopefully soon I won't need it at all.

And here's a strange one..someone today commented that my eyelashes are abnormally long..I haven't been wearing mascara recently, just put it on today, and wow, they are waaaaaaay long. My mother is staying with me, and has been drinking green smoothies with me, her eyelashes are the same! Great news for her as all hers had fallen out last year..I haven't done anything differently so I must attribute it to the green smoothies :-)

Posted by: arugula ()
Date: February 10, 2008 01:36AM

Orange palms! Slightly yellower skin on my face. Also noticed that others about my age tend to be looking pretty rough around the edges.

Posted by: EnlightenmentNow ()
Date: February 10, 2008 01:43AM

The "TRUE" you, doesn't change, but the layers of onion around you definitely get peeled off. Enjoy the peel.....no need to rush.

When you're on the right road, you don't need to rush.....unless your but's on fire and there's water up ahead, right?

[www.oneillpaul.com-a.googlepages.com]

Posted by: minou33 ()
Date: February 10, 2008 04:43AM

Gradually transitioning to a raw food diet for over a year now.. I have noticed within the past 6 months:

my skin has cleared up
No more dry skin that I always get in the winter
Increased energy, superior athletic performance
No more body odor no matter how much I sweat (and I do 90 minutes of yoga in a 105 degree room!)
Very mild periods with no cramps
A lot more mental peace and clarity

[minou-minou.blogspot.com]
myspace.com/summer33ny

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables