Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

terminal cancer..
Posted by: brokenbrooke ()
Date: February 09, 2008 02:55AM

i just found out my bro in law has terminal cancer. i sent my sis a inspirational blog i recieved 10 minutes after i found out. pleasesend your raw love my way. this was the last thing i excepted to hear today. much love to my sis... i hope she takes this inspiration with all her heart.
he has been been in remission from throat cancer for eight years(or more), i'm not quite sure.
raw love to all,b.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: terminal cancer..
Date: February 09, 2008 02:59AM

I am so sorry to hear about your brother in law brokenbrooke!

I will definitely be keeping you and your family in my thoughts.

*hugs to you and your family*

My website: The Coconut Chronicles

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: February 09, 2008 03:21AM

~~~peaceful healing vibes~~~

best of luck and of health as well.

Posted by: learningtofly ()
Date: February 09, 2008 03:27AM

If his liver is still fully fuctional, the Gerson Therapy may be able to save him:

[www.gerson.org]

Posted by: jamielor ()
Date: February 09, 2008 04:35AM

Is this the one you are talking about?

blog: [rawveganforever.blogspot.com]
video: [video.google.com]

I thought the video was amazing. It's scary how someone who seems so healthy could suddenly break down like that!

Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: February 09, 2008 03:13PM

brokenbrooke Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> i just found out my bro in law has terminal
> cancer.

He may not want to sacrifice his present Diet
in order to get well. Gerson is good but terminal Cancer
requires drastic action. I'd recommend Green Juice (Wheatgrass
and Celery), along with a little Carrot Juice, and plenty of
Water.......WY

Posted by: suvine ()
Date: February 09, 2008 03:40PM

Wow, at least it is not you. I would present proof, testimonials, and stuff for him to read on the raw food diet wihtout being preachy, Storm Talifer has a video, an interview with his brother who cured himself from terminal cancer, and on Oprah, there was that girl in stage 4 cancer cured herself from green juices, salads and fruit, they did not label it " raw food" though or even call it that. But you can see what she ate and drank. She showed the world, all raw stuff

Posted by: phantom ()
Date: February 09, 2008 05:15PM

I was checking out the raw vegan blog--very informative. But distilled water is acidic?! I thought it was awesome for detoxing, because there are no inorganic minerals to remove from the water itself, and it soaks up more inorganic matter that needs to be flushed from the body? O.o

Posted by: Sapphire ()
Date: February 09, 2008 06:17PM

I am so sorry to read your sad news.

All I can suggest is to support your brother in law in any ways that he needs support. Advice may or may not be welcome right now, but we always need our loved ones.

You are in my prayers.

Sapphire

Date: February 09, 2008 06:26PM

well said sapphire. showing some unconditional loving support is where it's at. if advice is asked for then you give it, until then quietly setting a good example lecture and advice free is a gentle way to show the path.

Posted by: volcomchick8797 ()
Date: February 09, 2008 07:43PM

im sorry to hear that, that's too bad. it's not too late though =) send him some testimonies of miracles happening with the body healing itself. anything is possible...good luck to your family

Posted by: Lee_123 ()
Date: February 09, 2008 09:57PM

I'm sorry to read of the challenges ahead for your brother-in-law and your family.

I was very sick once. For a couple of years. It was very challenging but I occasionally made trips to a local used book store to sell the books on how to think and how to eat and what to believe that well-meaning people had given me. It helped me to afford food and medicine.

<sigh>

Unconditional love is more difficult to give than advice. But a little unconditional love goes a long way... so much more beautiful and uplifting than advice.

Although, I suppose all that advice I got, in book form, did help financially after I sold the books.

I'm hoping all turns out for the best for your brother-in-law and for your family.

Lee

"The mood state Americans are in, on average, when watching television is mildly depressed."

~ Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi
from Flow: The Psychology of Optimal Experience

Posted by: minou33 ()
Date: February 10, 2008 04:53AM

Did you recommend Hippocrates Health Institute to him? I have heard how they have really done miracles there curing people with cancer. I know some of them personally.

The woman Suvine is speaking of is Kris Carr. She has a documentary and a book Crazy, Sexy, Cancer. She has stage 4 cancer that is in remission now and she follows an 80% raw food diet and is a Hippocrates Institute Health Educator. I saw her speak at the New York Open Center and she is really inspirational.

A great book to read is "Reclaiming our Health" by John Robbins. He talks about a lot of alternative therapies to cancer and criticizes our current health care system in its efforts for treatment of cancer (and its disregard for natural, less invasive treatments that have shown much success) It is very informative.

A good documentary to see, just out, is by Mike Anderson who made the documentary "Eating". The new one is about cancer and about people's experiences in curing themselves through diet. You can check out his website at the rave diet website to watch the trailer and order the movie.

Best wishes to you and your brother in law. This is bad news, but there is also so much hope and encouragement out there if you know where to look and don't accept this diagnosis.

Posted by: ambulancears ()
Date: February 10, 2008 07:55AM

Wishes of love and health to your brother in law and all connected to this situation, brokenbrooke. Cancer is a devestating blow to far too many people, and as Storm said in one the video interview with his brother, it is considered "normal" by many because it is so common.

I just want to clarify that Kris Carr is not "in remission," a term which suggests that the cancerous tissue is gone from her body. The type of cancer she has (which involves the vascular linings of her liver and lungs) does not respond to "traditional" treatment such as chemotherapy or radiation, and she has never undergone such treatments. She maintains a happy life with her cancer, which is what oncologists call "indolent" - meaning that it is not growing in any measurable amount. In my opinion this is due in major part to her healthy lifestyle changes, including a largely raw diet. Anyway, I've seen it mentioned quite a few times on this board and other raw boards that she has been cured, or is in remission. I just wanted to clarify that point.

Posted by: phantom ()
Date: February 10, 2008 04:22PM

There is a world of alternative information out there, and it's definitely been proven that with a little bit of will and willingness to improve your lifestyle, it's a battle in which you can definitely triumph.

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: February 10, 2008 05:14PM

sending love and healing energies to your brother in law

in peace

LV

Posted by: cynthia ()
Date: February 10, 2008 05:17PM

much love to all your family...

Cynthia

Posted by: Lee_123 ()
Date: February 10, 2008 11:31PM

“I wanted a perfect ending. Now I’ve learned, the hard way, that some poems don’t rhyme, and some stories don’t have a clear beginning, middle and end. Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what’s going to happen next.”

Gilda Radner

Date: February 11, 2008 06:03AM

Juice and drink every beautiful green living plant with intention gratitude, reverence and positivity. I believe that is the cure to all the cancers (of mind and body) that plagues modern humanity! And remember to smile.

Posted by: brokenbrooke ()
Date: February 11, 2008 10:38AM

thanks for all the positive vibes sent my way. i did send my sis an article(by storm)
i will start sending her more if she's receptive. but as someone here said advice may not be ready to be tken.
thanks again to you all
brooke

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables