Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Having to take antibiotics again
Posted by: pippin07 ()
Date: February 23, 2008 04:41AM

Hi,

This is the second time in about a month that I have come down with a urinary tract infection. Has anyone ever heard of or experienced this as a result of detox symptoms? I just think it is very strange and coincidental. I’ve had only one bladder infection in my whole life and it was 35 years ago. What really bothers me is having to take antibiotics...again....and so soon after the last time. I am going to continue with eating 100% raw but I am wondering what, if anything, I will experience. More detox symptoms? I am also taking probiotics.

Another thing, I’ve been reading on the internet about natural alternative treatments for UTI. Does anyone have any experience with this?

Sincerely,
Denise

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Having to take antibiotics again
Posted by: ksmanthey ()
Date: February 23, 2008 05:12AM

Hi Denise, yes I have plenty of experience. I'm not sure about stopping taking antibiotics before you are finished...that might be bad (drug-resistant bacteria etc.). Check out the discussion in the health section of this forum [www.rawfoodsupport.com]

Posted by: Seabucktho ()
Date: February 23, 2008 07:34AM

I don't have a reference handy right now, but I read a few years ago that in some cases, people who get recurring UTIs have a much higher percentage of a certain strain of e-Coli in their guts, and this is why they are more sensitive. Also, I've read that women who are sexually active can be re-infected from their partners (not just through passive movement of bacteria as a result of sex, but their partners are actually carriers).

Do you blog? Add your blog to the thread on blogging: [www.rawfoodsupport.com]!!

Posted by: maui_butterfly ()
Date: February 23, 2008 06:01PM

i love earthclinic.com

[www.earthclinic.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables