Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Brian Clements Fruit Guy Challenge
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: February 27, 2008 04:57PM

I was listening to Brian Clement last night on a teleconference call and he has issued a challenge or offer to all high fruit guys. He will pay for them to come to his clinic to test their blood and show them what's wrong with it. So far no one has taken him up on it.

Very telling!

elnatural

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Brian Clements Fruit Guy Challenge
Date: February 27, 2008 05:05PM

i would love to see this happen and see what he has to say.

hey Davey Mason, you eat a lot of fruit dontcha? the institute is close to you too. you seem like a super healthy fella, i'd be curious to see if your blood could give Mr Clement a run for his money or if you'd walk away a changed man. hmmm, very interesting!

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: February 27, 2008 06:00PM

Ha! ha! Yes. Its been all fruit for many years now. Yeaaahhh.....I admit that I'm squirley on this. Personally, I could care less if there is alien acid blood in my veins - because I feel so good.....and based on my research...I regard what I am eating to be of the highest foods....for ME. You know? It would be like some one telling me I have to cease my passion for skydiving....because my adrenalin levels are too high or something.

-If I thought for a moment that some kind of clean lab test was going to somehow make it easier for other people to make the necessary health decisions that are right for THEM.....I would probably do it. Since I don't really feel that would be significantly the case....for me it's just an added expense....along with a certain amount of poking and prodding! smiling smiley It's certainly not going to add to MY health...heh..heh. And if it doesn't help me or them...

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/27/2008 06:01PM by davidzanemason.

Posted by: rost0037 ()
Date: February 27, 2008 07:09PM

I would like to see someone do it! Not to see them fail or show up Brian, but out of curiosity.

Posted by: tanawana ()
Date: February 27, 2008 08:45PM

What is Brians alternative to the high fruit guys, as he puts it, these days anyhow??

Date: February 27, 2008 08:56PM

Davey, you know, i think it would be worth it if only to give the institute a different perspective. if it showed that you were indeed as vibrantly healthy as you feel (and i have no doubt that you are) then it would open up another avenue of research for them. would you ever consider it?

Date: February 27, 2008 09:13PM

Hey Dave

He said he would pay for it, now it's only fear that's stopping you.

Elnatural

Posted by: Simple Living ()
Date: February 27, 2008 09:27PM

Posted by: elnatural_1 (IP Logged)
Date: February 27, 2008 03:13PM

Hey Dave

He said he would pay for it, now it's only fear that's stopping you.

Elnatural

Ooh... gauntlet thrown, gloves in slap position... let's get ready to rummmmmmmbleeeeeeee!

Posted by: sgc ()
Date: February 27, 2008 09:40PM

To challenge someone this way makes no sense to me. You can cheat on a blood test by many ways. I tried, and it works to show it doesn't work.
Drink a lot of water before the test, and they will declare you anemic, low in hormones, etc etc. Go there without drinking for a while, and miracle, all your day-before low levels are normal...
they want to show you you have parasites, fast for a few days, and I bet that the levels will be really low, or drink to dilute.
It makes no sense. A punctual check says nothing, only longterm analyzes can.

Raw Fruit Festival
[www.raw-fruit-festival.net]
Health, Fitness and Fasting Retreats in Spain
[www.fit-in-nature.net]

Posted by: madinah ()
Date: February 27, 2008 10:12PM

If I were a healthy fruitarian, I would volunteer to provide Clements wrong.

Posted by: Simple Living ()
Date: February 27, 2008 10:25PM

Posted by: sgc (IP Logged)
Date: February 27, 2008 03:40PM

To challenge someone this way makes no sense to me. You can cheat on a blood test by many ways. I tried, and it works to show it doesn't work.
Drink a lot of water before the test, and they will declare you anemic, low in hormones, etc etc. Go there without drinking for a while, and miracle, all your day-before low levels are normal...
they want to show you you have parasites, fast for a few days, and I bet that the levels will be really low, or drink to dilute.
It makes no sense. A punctual check says nothing, only longterm analyzes can.

SGC

You're right. The whole thing is ridiculous. It's a macho, ego, pride, the "Ha ha, I'm right and you're wrong!" thing. What does he have to gain?

Personally, I think it's great that fruitarians are ignoring him. Naturally, it will be said because it's out of fear. The real reason is that fruitarians have nothing to prove to anyone. They're living the lives they choose to live and, if they're happy with it, why should anyone else care?

Posted by: madinah ()
Date: February 27, 2008 11:12PM

Maybe it is out of fear of the TRUTH

Posted by: Lightform ()
Date: February 27, 2008 11:13PM

Maybe its not about proving anything but about providing more health information for those of us who are as yet still treading the exploratory path of nutrition ??

I have my reservations about a single blood test being able to provide a "definative" conclusion on the pro's and con's concerning a diet though. Even if someone did know enough to be able to provide an informed analysis which I'm dubious of, wouldn't natural blood variation obscure any definate comclusion in the short term as pointed out in the above posts ?

Posted by: No5 ()
Date: February 27, 2008 11:16PM

sgc Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> A punctual check says nothing,
> only longterm analyzes can.

A long term analysis is a bunch of punctual checks. If a punctual check says nothing then the sum of a bunch of nothings is still nothing. So I would say that a punctual check does say something and that a long term analysis simply says more.

Simple Living Wrote:
> Personally, I think it's great that fruitarians
> are ignoring him. Naturally, it will be said
> because it's out of fear. The real reason is that
> fruitarians have nothing to prove to anyone.

Most fruitarians are free to ignore this challenge since their choices only affect themselves. However, I would go so far as to say that fruitarian leaders have an ethical responsibility to verify that their diet is healthy. They have a responsibility to all of their followers.

I'm not attached to outcomes here (i.e., whether the results validate fruitarianism, invalidate fruitarianism, or are inconclusive). But I am very interested in the truth and I hope that fruitarians, sproutarians, and all other dieters search objectively for that truth and share the results.

Date: February 27, 2008 11:18PM

Right. Let's all play nice! LOL. Send him my e-mail address....or have him contact me at DavidZaneMason@hotmail.com....or give me an e-mail/phone# where I can contact him...and I would be more than happy to provide him with my information and comply with that request....if it would set some other folks mind at ease.

-Alternatively/additionally ElNatural...just send me the link or transcription of the teleconference....just something I can look at. It's difficult for me to respond accurately to a request that I've never actually heard from the person. Just let me know.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Date: February 27, 2008 11:18PM

in all the many, many times i've met brian and seen him lecture i've never once gotten the impression that he has another motivation than truth and good health. he's not trying to be a jerk here, he's a genuine health seeker and a good guy. whatever he's out too prove, it's for the general good i'm sure.

Posted by: maui_butterfly ()
Date: February 28, 2008 12:12AM

hahahaha! GO DZM!!!! we will cheer you on, and should you come up indeed having alien acid blood, then we will all lobby the USFDA to change their standards and make YOUR blood levels the new paradigm for health. everyone will be running around trying to make their blood more alien-y and acid-y...

Date: February 28, 2008 01:10AM

David

You might find it at www.aliveraw.com but I will try to find it.

elnatural

Posted by: suvine ()
Date: February 28, 2008 01:49AM

I would love to go. Live blood analysis is well, kind of like fortunetelling too. It's not really accepted in the real world. they find things like proteins floating, and tell you what is wrong with your organs or the like.

I would love to see my blood. Where do I reach him? Email?

Date: February 28, 2008 02:00AM

Elnatural / Suvi: I did send an e-mail to the general contact e-mails at Dr. Clement's websites (since I don't have any sort of more private contact information). If you wish, feel free to call Dr. Clement with my information (I included all of that information in my e-mails) and I will make myself available for any possible arrangements. I hope this is helpful and proactive. And I KNOW that Suvi is up for the challenge! LOL. winking smiley

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: February 28, 2008 02:05AM

Simple Living Wrote:
> The real reason is that fruitarians have nothing to prove to anyone.
> They're living the lives they choose to live and,
> if they're happy with it, why should anyone else care?

I totally agree with this perspective and my thinking is to extend this perspective to raw vegans in general.

Posted by: suvine ()
Date: February 28, 2008 02:10AM

I worked for healthscreen Usa, Rhonda, a raw foodist. She did live blood analysis in health food stores. I know what its all about. Once blood squirted all over everything. She chraged 200 dollars for a little slide and peek, on a screen. made quite a fortune. I wound up suing her, but we settled.

The guy who pretty much created the live blood career, wound up going to jail. For real.

I read his books, looked at photos. It's kind of back of van technology. There are lots of them in Miami that do this sort of thing and its not regulated. Health orders are given to stop this many times. Its a fraud, mostly. I mean you can see healthy blood and see blood clumped together, and little things floating, but to make judgements on this, when thiss is all you see, cannot be accurate.

Sure raw vegans ave better blood than cooked foodists, I hardly think eating fruit makes your blood dirty. That is crazy. But to say this means that and this means something else, how do you know? Doesn't Brian Clements wife do some psychic hands on stuff and iridology and weird touch stuff as well? That kind of discredits it all right there.

Two of my friends had it done and they were told their blood looked good but to stay off the fruit. You might as well give up agave, no cashews, corn, all fats, anything that tastes good.

Live blood doesn't prove anything,

I say he lay off the high fruit eaters, he doesn't even eat raw food, and he runs Hippocrates! He is an admitted cooked food eater. So as far as integrity, he doesn't seem to have it

I went to Hippocrates by the way. Terrible food. I burned my mouth on blended garlic, I thought was salad, or " bowl of sprouts" dressing. The only edible thing there was avocado, the only fruit allowed. It was pretty bad. I do not blame him for eating cooked food.

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 02/28/2008 02:20AM by suvine.

Date: February 28, 2008 04:21AM

i didn't read anywhere that the blood tests he's planning on doing are of that sort. brian has worked with so many scientists, i doubt he's interested in anything that yields less than real results.

i hope someone goes, i for one am very interested to see what the results will be. how can it be bad if a person is feeling consistently good and gaining in terrific health? you never know though, something could be missing. it's all an experiement anyhow, no one really knows anything for sure.

Date: February 28, 2008 05:00AM

Suvine and Coco in the above 2 posts are you the same person?

Posted by: activeinternet ()
Date: February 28, 2008 10:58AM

Hi Everyone,
I met Brian by doing some work on the Hippocrates Institute website a few years ago. I live in West Palm Beach and have attended and recorded hundreds of hours of his lectures and will continue to record them and will make them available online.

I'm also running the AliveRaw.com website for him, which was put together at my suggestion.

As for the fruit comments, I will get in touch with David at RawFoodFarm.com and will make arrangements for the test. I will see Brian on Tuesday. Their center has been around over 50 years and he is a nutritionist and scientist. If he learns something contrary to what he is teaching, he changes direction based on new evidence. His only motivation is the truth.

All of his beliefs are based on research and studies on humans. Hippocrates has data on tens of thousands of people. They have blood tests on individual guests dating back decades in some cases. Once someone goes there, they review blood tests free for life and make nutritional recommendations based on current and past blood work.

I would think that Hippocrates has more blood data and analysis from a nutritional perspective than anyplace on the planet. So what Brian speaks about is from direct experience with dealing with thousands of people over 50 years.

Some of the points on fruit he has made in various lectures are as follows.
1) IF one is healthy “ripe fruit” should be limited to 15% of their diet.
2) Athletes can increase the amount of fruit in their diet based on athletic activity.

3) People in the conquest of disease should have ZERO fruit until they are healthy.

4) The sugar in fruit feeds cancer cells and viruses . If one has a PET scan and sugar is put into the blood, the sugar lights up around the cancer cells. You will also see a trail (glow) of where the cancer will spread. This point is well documented by numerous studies and is not a theory.

5) The body does not differentiate sugar from fruit, candy, honey etc.
Brian also mentioned that he would debate anyone on this issue, so if you have an expert with a differing opinion, I will arrange a live a conference call and everyone will be invited to listen and make their own determination.
6) Fruit should be eaten alone and should not be combined with vegatables and or protein. This requires an entirely different detailed discussion on food combining.

We’re still going though many hours of lectures and I will try to put a section together on all the comments on fruits in the various lectures.

Suvine, as far as the live blood analysis, his wife Ann Marie is one of the world’s leading experts. It is not black magic. I‘ve met guests there who have had the live blood analysis done and without knowing a person’s background, she has told them some of the diseases they have had throughout their life as well as current health challenges they are facing. Numerous people have told me similar stories. She has been doing this for over 30 years and does it daily.

If you are up for the challenge, I’m sure I could arrange a live blood analysis and you can report your findings back here. My ‘guess’ is she will tell you many things about yourself from looking at the live blood work. Probably more than you can imagine.

I may also be able to arrange for you to attend a lecture if you are in the south Florida area. I am there several times a week when Brian is in town. I will get you in a Q & A Section where you can fire away and report here. Feel free to contact me …. rich (at) activeinternet.com and I will check with Brian.

Also, no offense intended, but as far as the food tasting bad, most food would taste bad compared to a diet that has a significant amount of fruit (sugar). The food served there is mostly sprouts, vegetables, and some nuts such as almonds and walnuts.

I also want to disclose that I do have a financial interest in the AliveRaw.com website. While we are not currently selling anything, we will be shortly, as I’ve been building the site and content at my expense, and can’t do it long-term without the site paying for itself. The teleconference calls themselves cost several hundred dollars per call to host.

I approached Brian about putting this site together since so many of the other large ‘health’ sites give you small pieces of info just to sell you products. He is genuinely interested in promoting health and is not at all a marketer. I’ve been pushing him to let me do some marketing since I believe he has some of the best info available in the world, and not enough people know about him.

Our primary goal is to provide the best health information out there based on decades of experience and clinical research. If we are successful, we hope people will want to support the site by buying products and service from us. We will only offer 100% vegetarian raw food based supplements and will strive to have the lowest prices.

However, this will not become a marketing site with product plugs on every page.

If there are other topics anyone would like covered or addressed, please let me know and we will try to arrange.
Best of health to all..

Richard at aliveraw.com

Posted by: khale ()
Date: February 28, 2008 12:37PM

activeinternet: thanks for posting this.

abstaining from fruit while healing is a pretty widespread admonition. it's certainly not unique to either Clements or Cousens, and personally, if I were diagnosed with a cancer, I would likely follow this advice and eliminate sweet fruit from my diet. but cancer (and other illnesses) constitute a health crisis obviously and what one does under those circumstances does not have to be congruent with what one does when healthy. Bernard Jensen (for one) made this point often in his books.

I will have to take issue with point 5: my body knows quite well the difference between sweet fruit and a piece of candy. I realize that from a purely scientific perspective sugar is sugar is sugar regardless of the source of it, but the body doesn't seem too impressed with all things scientific...it seems to me to possess its own intelligence...perhaps an intelligence that can not be proven. both my stomach and brain (as regards clarity) reacts quite differently to a candy bar than it does to a banana. I'm sure that I'm not the only one who notices this.

Posted by: jadedshade ()
Date: February 28, 2008 12:40PM

activeinternet Wrote:
4) The sugar in fruit feeds cancer cells and viruses . If one has a PET scan and sugar is put into the blood, the sugar lights up around the cancer cells. You will also see a trail (glow) of where the cancer will spread. This point is well documented by numerous studies and is not a theory.

If this is the case then my ex-wifes mother should be dead since she reversed her cancer by juice fasting over a long period (mostly fruit). Additionally where are all the fruitarians riddled with cancer about to die?

I agree with the comments from Suvine and DZM on this totally.

Since eating high fruit, I have never felt or looked as good in my life, that speaks for itself.

Phil.

--------------------------------------------------

"Those who say it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it" (Chinese Proverb)

Posted by: jadedshade ()
Date: February 28, 2008 12:51PM

khale Wrote:

> I will have to take issue with point 5: my body
> knows quite well the difference between sweet
> fruit and a piece of candy. I realize that from a
> purely scientific perspective sugar is sugar is
> sugar regardless of the source of it, but the body
> doesn't seem too impressed with all things
> scientific...it seems to me to possess its own
> intelligence...perhaps an intelligence that can
> not be proven. both my stomach and brain (as
> regards clarity) reacts quite differently to a
> candy bar than it does to a banana. I'm sure that
> I'm not the only one who notices this.

I agree with you on this too Khale, the body knows the difference between, natural (direct from natures own produce) and sugar that has already been broken down and proceesed in a factory.

Phil.

--------------------------------------------------

"Those who say it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it" (Chinese Proverb)

Posted by: Witarianin ()
Date: February 28, 2008 01:15PM

I would like to sign up for "free blood test", only question is IF and WHAT would be gained from that experience.

I live in Poland, so, i can imagine challenge/reason for it would live up to it's name if they would pay for it...

Question: 1. What will institute gain by paying for my fair and blood tests done?
2. I'd like to see Brian's blood side by side with, say.. Mine or others, and see "who's got better what"?.. if that would proof anything.
3. So, i hear(and from what I've seen) Brian eats cooked food,> making his choice to COMPROMISE his health, (since, just to touch surface here, it becomes carcinogenic when heated...), Shall i say HIS own health, or possibly Others too, who look up to him/institute for guidance.

Institute has great achievements, programs and great name, one of best ones in the world.No doubt. As much as fact, that it is NOT for everyone/ to everyone's tastes. Only one thing.. Is it ALL about "free Advertisement?", or proving who is better?

Isn't it playing Game of Big pharmaceutical companies, by choosing few testing parameters from blood in order to PROVE / sell Something?

There is variety of tests, that could show different points, depending on how you construct the tests.

Last question, is blood REALLY a best place for minerals, and nutrients in a human being to be at?

If "norms" for tests were set by Brian/Institute's doctors, of to what relation are those to US/ raw foodists, or people NOT drinking wheatgrass juice(Me)?

If you set "norm" for elevated amounts of minerals coming in elevated levels ONLY in wheatgrass, surely EVERYBODY NOT drinking it WILL have "LOW", or if one chooses to call it as such "Dangerously LOW" levels of minerals.

I will listen to the teleconference as soon as i get a chance, only it may very well be of no REAL benefit to anyone, but person doing the tests, if the Goal to achieve IS: "To Show what is wrong with your blood"

How about We ask for a panel of Raw gurus,/ Natural Hygiene Practitioners/ raw , vegan doctors, Successful Athletes, HEALTHY, HAPPY, Good looking people...
To set a ground rules for such tests.Norms, Lows' Highs, too much's and so on.
So, where is norm for Energy levels?
Can it be read from blood?

Is Brian up for challenge to show all the kitchen of HIS norms, for Us to compare to our expectations of a Healthy, Natural, Energetic Diet?
Are they as complete as we make them for ourself?
Maybe WE are missing some points, as does He?

Let's LEARN from each, other,
Let's work toward setting a healthy norms for other less inclined to do so, when they try RAW/Natural/Simple kind of living..
Let's not try to use Raw/health/diet as a way to sell unnatural cures/supplements made from natural plants.
Not only What you eat, and How is important.. What about Amount, time, emotional state,etc..

I've seen lately a movie, there was a phrase:
Are you walking the way you talk?, and:
Do as I Say, NOT as I Do.. ;-)

Not to discourage anyone from taking inspiration, and motivation, and all the other great things one can observe/listen to/enrich his life with by listening to smart , experienced people, and conversations.

Important is to discern for yourself: is it what i expect of this diet/plan/program?, or: being not precise when trying to prove point is by what standards I want to be guided/inspired.

Blessings for ALL.

Free, Open source.Healthysmiling smiley
F.E.A.R. is
an acronym that stands for, False Evidence Appearing Real
F.A.I.T.H. - the First Attribute IN Thoughtful
Health

Date: February 28, 2008 02:37PM

activeinternet, thank you Rich for your post. this is totally the impression i get from Brian after meeting him on several occasions.

elnatural_1 Wrote:
> Suvine and Coco in the above 2 posts are you the
> same person?

where in the world would you get an impression like that elnatural?

this is me, avec boy, baby in belly and jellies

Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables