Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: What was/is your biggest problem going raw?
Posted by: Witarianin ()
Date: March 06, 2008 02:11AM

Wow, Quite of on Off topic post :-)

Simple Living:
I like to talk facts, and stay real to not only one dimension of *..* Matter..

To the point:
When I couldn't find a written proof of Jesus being vegan(raw neither ;-)..
I have tried to find an exact proof in writing that Jesus EVER Eat meat...

Have You tried finding that..?

I Have found an opinion some time ago about Jesus, and bible, to other prophets, and holy scriptures...(not getting into it any deeper) and it said: scripture was meant to be treated only as a parallel/not word by word, as it has deeper not bound by time, place, any other borders meaning.. Jesus as a Very Enlightened prophet, a Holy men, who was a MEN, and behave, and had his purpose in history/of human kind/. At The TIME, as to state of science, technology and all other factors..(open mindness, customs, heritage etc..)

Example: By clearing Meat as Godly, he gave proof of gods gift to humankind.., that of free will, Thus did not say one Must eat, ONLY Stated, that it is holy, and created by GOD.
To "USE", But not to Abuse.. ;-)

I know You ARE making Your choice(in My humble analytic opinion good).. only I found it interesting, that there are no proofs that Jesus WASN'T Vegan..

And even if he wasn't i still wouldn't consume them.

:-)

Free, Open source.Healthysmiling smiley
F.E.A.R. is
an acronym that stands for, False Evidence Appearing Real
F.A.I.T.H. - the First Attribute IN Thoughtful
Health

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Simple Living ()
Date: March 06, 2008 04:15AM

Hello Witarianin,

As you requested, the references I have made to Jesus eating meat are listed below. It seems the main difference between us is how we each view the Bible. That's going to make a big difference in our viewpoints. Here are some scriptures about Jesus eating meat and about meat being okay to eat. (Again, it's not required, it's just okay. I choose not to, myself.)

When Jesus appeared to the disciples after His resurrection, He ate fish in Luke 24:40-43.

"As he spoke, he showed them his hands and his feet. Still they stood there in disbelief, filled with joy and wonder. Then he asked them, “Do you have anything here to eat?” They gave him a piece of broiled fish, and he ate it as they watched."

Jesus is recorded to have eaten lamb (Luke 22:7-15) with the disciples at the Last Supper, before He was crucified.

"Now the Festival of Unleavened Bread arrived, when the Passover lamb is sacrificed. Jesus sent Peter and John ahead and said, “Go and prepare the Passover meal, so we can eat it together.” “Where do you want us to prepare it?” they asked him.

He replied, “As soon as you enter Jerusalem, a man carrying a pitcher of water will meet you. Follow him. At the house he enters, say to the owner, ‘The Teacher asks: Where is the guest room where I can eat the Passover meal with my disciples?’ He will take you upstairs to a large room that is already set up. That is where you should prepare our meal.” They went off to the city and found everything just as Jesus had said, and they prepared the Passover meal there.

When the time came, Jesus and the apostles sat down together at the table. Jesus said, “I have been very eager to eat this Passover meal with you before my suffering begins."

It was after the flood, with Noah, that we see God giving permission to eat meat in Genesis 9:1-4.

"Then God blessed Noah and his sons and told them, “Be fruitful and multiply. Fill the earth. All the animals of the earth, all the birds of the sky, all the small animals that scurry along the ground, and all the fish in the sea will look on you with fear and terror. I have placed them in your power. I have given them to you for food, just as I have given you grain and vegetables. But you must never eat any meat that still has the lifeblood in it."

Mark 7:18-23 is where Jesus declares all food as clean, after explaining His teaching on inner purity. People believed they were pure because of what they ate/consumed. Jesus explained that people are pure based on what comes out of a person's heart, not what goes into their stomachs.

"Don’t you understand either?” he asked. “Can’t you see that the food you put into your body cannot defile you? Food doesn’t go into your heart, but only passes through the stomach and then goes into the sewer.” (By saying this, he declared that every kind of food is acceptable in God’s eyes.)

And then he added, “It is what comes from inside that defiles you. For from within, out of a person’s heart, come evil thoughts, sexual immorality, theft, murder, adultery, greed, wickedness, deceit, lustful desires, envy, slander, pride, and foolishness. All these vile things come from within; they are what defile you.”

The part in parenthesis above is part of the scripture, not my note.

So, I hope it's more clear to folks why I believe the way I do. I'm not in agreement with how many of the animals raised for food are raised, fed and treated. It's appalling, vile and cruel. I support vegetarianism and veganism. I'm beoming one myself. I just can't say that eating meat is wrong in any way if God declares it to be okay, because that would be placing myself above Him.

I appreciate everyone's kind and patient discussions and viewpoints. I value and appreciate them. I see your hearts and love you all the more because of your stance on this issue. Only kind, loving people could make such a decision. I wanted to say all this because I won't respond to this thread again. Not out of any negative emotion, but because this post lays out my viewpoint, so there is nothing left for me to say. If anyone has any further questions for me, perhaps a Private Message would be more appropriate than in the open forums. I'm always happy to discuss anything, but I wouldn't like to be accused of forcing my faith on the forums. Thank you for your understanding.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/06/2008 04:19AM by Simple Living.

Posted by: Witarianin ()
Date: March 06, 2008 12:41PM

Thanks Simple Living..

I'll look into those references, as i have studied at one point bible in about 7 different versions, and as one may figure meaning of one paragraph was completely different depending on translation.

Example: the crucial word/sentences were about who eats/should eat greens..

And: depending on Year, translation and version of bible it changed from/to:
1.greens
2.vegetables
3.herbs
4.Plants
5.leafs
6.and a couple more

Then it suggested several options/reasons for doing so(consuming/living on such food)..:
Supposedly "green food" is for:
* Weak people
or
* For sick, to heal on..
or
* for those who desire to gain strength..

With so many different verions, and no way of finding which one is closest to REAL Meaning, as well as exclusion of certain scriptures from "final version" of that book(bible) which had been chosen/ excluded/ compiled by and based on current church officials...

I have came to conclusion, that since human hand wrote it, and then translated the scripture it IS FULL Of mistakes, contradictions and should be treated only as great parallel/philosophy/ethics book of those times and of great depth, and just as with Blood tests it is meant to be analyzed, not based on ONE word, but whole sentence or paragraph, if not by chapter, and used for /as inspiration and motivation.

I have that feeling that those excerpts could have been translated with skew toward translator/ opinions/ beliefs of times of translation.
Simply: if You have tried translating any articles You may find that there are always 5 different options as to meaning of Idea that author wanted to tell, and You MUST Decide on one, and keep going with translation..

As i said i didn't wanted to go any deeper as to Your viewpoint, just as taste it is "non discuss matter", only to exchange my findings, and to get to know your inspirations to walk this path.

I Will try to find this bible studying program and get bibles from 2, 3 centuries ago, as well as oldest known.
Probably ONLY reading it in Hebrew could give us definite answer,
then still this answer would consider That book, and version we could get our hands on.. Quite impossible to do it.

And my opinion, that bible is not something to study scientifically if one has faith,
Yet when We attempt (for any reason) to apply Bible writings to diet, it must be treated as precisely as any other evidence, that contradicts itself, and look into factors that could've shape, influence meaning of it.

Those are my Thoughts, and as I have met very strict Christian bible studying professional, and She told me that it is obvious that Jesus never eat any meat, and creating/giving fish for People to eat was ONLY a parallel, as he also gave wine/ alcohol(which scientifically we know it kills every living cell..).. but since it is a tale, it may have been just water which TASTED As one.. that conclusion comes from fact, that god gave us free will, and commandments so WE Chose for ourselves, and Not not to make us eat or not eat Meat :-)

She cited also a several books/chapters in a Bible just as You did, only with equally compelling proof of him being Vegetarian...

I Believe he created FOOD that afternoon, and it appeared to each person as their food of choice(he could do that as God), and not All Fish.. That' my Interpretation, not an opinion ;-)

Take care.
Rafal.

Free, Open source.Healthysmiling smiley
F.E.A.R. is
an acronym that stands for, False Evidence Appearing Real
F.A.I.T.H. - the First Attribute IN Thoughtful
Health

Pages: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables