Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Raw sleep - soft bed or hard floor
Posted by: madinah ()
Date: March 12, 2008 04:55PM

Most topics are on food but we spend a third of our time sleeping.
What is the best way to sleep and on what, are there any research on this?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Raw sleep - soft bed or hard floor
Posted by: Lillianswan ()
Date: March 12, 2008 05:22PM

Soft for me,

A mattress with the biggest, softest cotton mattress pad on top covered with the softest blanket I ever felt (I hate sheets, I get tangled in them and I don't like their texture).

As far as reasearch, other mammals "nest" and some make padded sleeping areas for themselves, so it seems right that we should sleep in comfort too.

Posted by: nadiarafi ()
Date: March 12, 2008 06:01PM

i've been sleeping differently since i've been eating raw, 9 days, about an hour less and i really burrow into my covers instead of the octopus like sprawl i had going on before.

Posted by: Simple Living ()
Date: March 12, 2008 09:03PM

I need a hard mattress. I searched for years for the right mattress and I finally found it - at IKEA of all places! Best night's sleep I've had in years and I talked all of my friends into buying the same mattress. They're all in heaven with it, too.

If you need a firm mattress, go to IKEA. I'll post the exact name of the mattress later, when I look at it again. It was very cheap and has a 25 year warranty.

Posted by: maui_butterfly ()
Date: March 12, 2008 09:15PM

i've always liked hard mattresses and comfy blankets. also buckwheat hull pillows ROCK!

Posted by: jamielor ()
Date: March 13, 2008 04:56AM

I have a 2" memory foam mattress pad on a hard wood board, works for me. smiling smiley

- N**z

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/13/2008 04:57AM by jamielor.

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: March 13, 2008 07:54AM

hey simple living\

can u get back to us more about the mattress

like what do i say to the ikea people when i go to the store and look for it?

does it have a name to it or what?

i wanna check it out

hey n***z

memory foam?

i heard about it..somewhat

tell me more

i'm looking for a change

i need to sleep better

really

i do

Posted by: rawnoggin ()
Date: March 13, 2008 11:52AM

My mattress is fairly hard. The cats enjoy it too, which is a good sign :-)

Once I slept on the landing (carpet on floorboards, 1st floor) to keep my cat company. I had the worse back ache ever when I got up. Like someone had shot me!

But laying on uneven, grassy ground outside is very comfortable :-)

Posted by: dinesh75 ()
Date: March 13, 2008 01:25PM

I can sleep almost anywhere. I have slept on concrete floors, uneven ground, hardwood floors. No problem. Currenly I sleep on the floor with a comfortor between myself and the floor. I cannot sleep if the bed is too soft. Once, when traveling on official business, I was put in a nice hotel with a really soft bed. I ended up sleeping on the floor!

Posted by: baltochef ()
Date: March 13, 2008 03:32PM

Simple Living

I purchased a TempurPedic mattress over a year ago..It has NOT resulted in my sleeping better..I would very much like to know the name of the mattress that you got from Ikea..

Thanks, Bruce

Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: March 13, 2008 05:08PM

When my second child was born we had a family bed and didn't all fit so we got rid of our bed and slept on the floor. It was supposed to be temporary until we decided on a bed but we never felt better in our lives. All our back and knee issues went away. The first two weeks were a killer on my hips but after that it was the best sleep ever. After four years on the floor we decided to put plywood across a frame and a foam pad and sleeping bag on top to give it a little cushion. It is also the cleanest, cheapest bed you can find smiling smiley.

Date: March 13, 2008 05:23PM

I forgot to get the mattress information last night, la_veronique. I'm sorry. I'll get it for you tonight.

Date: March 13, 2008 11:41PM

baltochef,

I spent $2,000 on the Temperpedic mattress years ago and, while it was new, it was great! (Stinky, but great to sleep on.) But, in a few months, it sags like every other mattress and my back hurt even worse.

The name of the mattress that I got from IKEA, la_veronique and baltochef, is called "Sultan Forestad." I absolutely love it and would never buy a mattress from anywhere else. It was inexpensive, too. Here's the link to it in IKEA's online store: [www.ikea.com]

PS: I've gave it as a housewarming gift to a friend who needed a bed. He's elderly and a real curmudgeon! Fussy old coot, actually! He's the type that has to have exactly what he wants or he'll stubbornly go without. It took me a month to even get him to try it. Once he did, he couldn't stop talking about it! Best night's sleep he can ever remember having. Sleeps through the night now and doesn't wake up every one or two hours anymore. It's funny because my local IKEA store knows me by name! LOL

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/13/2008 11:48PM by Simple Living.

Posted by: jamielor ()
Date: March 14, 2008 03:06AM

Hi Veronique. Search "memory foam mattress pad" on Amazon. I got a small one for about $45, free shipping. I have a website (rawlovers.com) with a link to google & amazon that makes your searching easier. smiling smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables