Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Help - Boils
Posted by: lovekk ()
Date: March 14, 2008 12:07PM

I have been raw for almost 2 mo. now and have experienced my first boil. It is very painful. Is this part of the detox phase? Is this normal? Has anyone experienced this? How do I cure it naturally? Helppppppppp

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Help - Boils
Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: March 14, 2008 12:53PM

Yes. This is normal - or was in my case. Infections of hair follicles often results when bacteria are cleaning up residues in your body. Continue to eat simply, and keep the area disinfected and sanitized and clean with whatever YOU believe will do so. My experience is that I would lance skin boils when they did occur - but use your own judgment and/or that of your health care professional. Avoid using make-up or chemicals on your skin whenever possible. Remember that light eating, sunlight, exercise, fresh air, and mono-eating will facilitate long-term healing....while juice fasting and water fasting will facilitate the processing out of more immediate problems. There are not many diseases that can stand up to a good fast. Just my opinions.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: angie1 ()
Date: March 14, 2008 03:15PM

Get something called "Icthamol Ointment."

I had three painful boils along where the underwire in my bra sits, possibly related to a plugged milk duct, or just more weight on the bra/skin. I had them for almost nine months. Going more raw (specifically cutting out dairy) in my opinion helps TREMENDOUSLY with boils, as I've always been very sensitive to them, especially anywhere elastic from underwear touches or jeans rub

You didn't mention where the boil was, but also try to wear soft clothes that won't rub that spot.

Icthamol ointment is this black tar-smelling stuff. It stinks, but it WORKS. May be behind the counter at the pharmacy. It draws the gunk out. You might want to get some gauze and tape too, to protect your clothes.

Me (30), Joseph (24 mo.) Jeremiah (4 mo.)

We are enjoying spring and being outside!!!

Posted by: klandestine ()
Date: March 14, 2008 03:19PM

I am also the proud recipient of a few boils. Annoying and painful, yes. I take them as a good sign that things are cleaning up. I use a little tea tree oil on them. It helps with the pain and inflammation.

Posted by: phantom ()
Date: March 14, 2008 08:02PM

I've gotten a few nasty ones since I went raw... all on my face. >.< Keep them clean, definitely--and for me, not touching helps them heal faster.

Though it isn't so easy, with a boyfriend who waits until your guard is down and yells, "I'M GOING TO POP IT!!!!!"

Posted by: Seabucktho ()
Date: March 14, 2008 10:21PM

I got boils ironically when I was using a really natural olive oil soap. I think it might have been the PH (too high). I find that swabbing susceptible areas with diluted vinegar or H2O2 helps.

Do you blog? Add your blog to the thread on blogging: [www.rawfoodsupport.com]!!

Posted by: maui_butterfly ()
Date: March 14, 2008 11:01PM

TURMERIC!!!!

[www.earthclinic.com]

Posted by: lovekk ()
Date: March 15, 2008 05:59AM

Thanks for the suggestions, I will try them ALL. It is behind my thigh and it is so painful that I can hardly sleep because of the constant throbbing. I can't believe I got my first one at 40 years old. I hope it will be my last. I don't think I can endure this again.

Cleaning up is hard to do!

Posted by: klandestine ()
Date: March 22, 2008 03:45AM

Any luck with the boils lovekk?

Posted by: Prism ()
Date: March 22, 2008 04:01AM

What I had was chronic infections that showed up before I went raw as pus filled cysts, and while not painful unless I would try to pinch them to get the pus out, which smelled terrible. I had one large one in my upper arm, on on the back of my neck, and one a few years later on my other arm that was probably there all along of course.

I can't believe all the Dr. wanted to do was either use anitibiotics or told me that I might need to have that pore cleaned out..whatever that meant. They probably opened it and cleaned out what was there. But even though the one on my arm would go down in size from excising the pus out, it would go right back up..'cause the poison had to go someplace! It would look like an ant hill, swollen into a mound shape, then I would squeeze the heck out of it, and the pus would come out in a thin stream..oh yuck..this is so embarassing..ok..I did hot home baths, lots of drinking of green juices (I always thought of that as my medicine) and jaccuzzi. The jaccuzzi was what really helped to draw out the cyst on the back of my neck.

Now, I don't have the arm ones, and the one on my neck is gone too. I am sure I still have issues with infection and inflammation..but at least I know what to do to get better, be healthier and my health is in my hands not Dr.'s. Knowledge is so much of the equation and then of course implementation.

Love,
Prism

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables