Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
SEX
Posted by: suvine ()
Date: March 24, 2008 05:39PM

What are people's experiences with the oppostie sex and attraction on the raw food diet? Being more in tune with feminity/masculinity, beauty etc?? Anything?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: SEX
Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: March 24, 2008 05:52PM

A very good question.

My experience is that it has become a MUCH more conscious volition sort of thing. Let me explain: I am no longer COMPELLED to fill some gap in myself with sex - and I am much more able to pursue sex or a relationship with the opporsite sex on a very even keel. I know what I want going into a relationship....so it's all good.

Hmmm...

-My journey has engendered me with a firm...experiential knowledge of the source of creation....if that makes any sense. Thus, there is a renewed sense of responsibility and preciousness of all that I see...and the wonder of that interaction.

-My diet and practices have allowed me the freedom to CHOOSE what I want. And it is within the realm of that freedom that true love, true giving takes place. Does any of that make sense? LOL.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: phantom ()
Date: March 24, 2008 08:02PM

Just by focusing on love, and eating only living things, has really transformed my entire approach to gender and the sexual act.

For me, it seems like the two most cited reasons, love and procreation, are not all that sex is about: it's about worshipping the source of life. I think that's why it's so exciting to have that level of intimacy with another person. I think that's why it feels wonderful, it is healing, it is beautiful, and it's how we bring more life into the world! This just dawned on me the other day, hearing some of my friends (with all kinds of sexual and religious preferences) arguing about the purpose of sex. It is definitely about love and procreation, but it is the closest, I think, as human beings, we can come to our unknowable source. Raw food is also full of that unknowable source--that's why I eat it raw!--so there is something beyond my present grasp of words tying that realization to my current outlook, which has been transformed by raw foods, if that makes sense. O.o

Healing my body and having the extra energy to spare has healed a lot of negative body imagery I had associated with being a woman (I used to always want to be a boy growing up).

As for the act itself... I have been in a steady and amazing relationship for quite some time, and as we continue to get to know each other, new and otherworldly things are always unfolding themselves to us--or we are unfolding ourselves together to an amazing process--but the heightened sensitivity and energy levels of the raw give me more of what I need to "tune in" to the whole experience. Just because you're raw doesn't mean you'll have some AMAZING sexual-religious experience if you go home with some random guy from the bar one night (or produce section at the grocery store? HA), there are ~way~ too many other things involved--but I think it takes away some of your internal background noise that would otherwise detract from a great experience (feeling tired, full of negative thoughts/emotions, etc).

Posted by: flex4life ()
Date: March 24, 2008 08:44PM

I find women that eat fruits/greens to be alot more attractive then the ones that eat SAD. I don't know, its more about the vibe then the looks these days.

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: March 24, 2008 09:03PM

I agree with Flex. Being Raw makes the non-Raw less attractive, no matter how beautiful they are. You get an inner feeling of disappointment.
I don't know how you Raw Women can live with non-Raw Men. It would lead to compromise in your own Diet.....WY

Posted by: rawnoggin ()
Date: March 24, 2008 09:12PM

phantom Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
> Healing my body and having the extra energy to
> spare has healed a lot of negative body imagery I
> had associated with being a woman (I used to
> always want to be a boy growing up).

Totally hear ya!

As of late, I've found myself being a lot more comfortable with the person I am inside rather than the 'girly' girl some people expect me to be. Like phantom, I've struggled with/against my feminity, and it's only now I'm starting to truly embrace the person under the skin. I've realised I don't have to sacrifice elements of my personality that aren't typically feminine each time I put on a skirt.

As of late, my sex drive has gone through the roof. It's hard to pinpoint if my surge in confidence/happiness is down to my physical changes (such as weight loss) OR the actual physical affect of raw food inside my body.

Posted by: MauiGreg ()
Date: March 24, 2008 09:29PM

Yes, I agree with Flex... it is so much more about the healthy vibe for me these days. When a woman is healthy in mind, body and spirit she glows from within... her inner beauty becomes much more noticeable than mere descriptive physical qualities like eye color, hair style, body type etc. I've often said about some of my close healthy female friends that they are so beautiful that I don't even know what they look like anymore. I guess it's a personal judgement, but I find women who market themselves in the trappings of mass-culture defined ideals of "beauty" (excessive make-up, cosmetic surgery, etc) to be completely unattractive...there seems to be an empty sadness behind their eyes.

...and as for the act itself, I guess it's easier to find healthy compatible food than it is to find a healthy compatible woman because I've been celibate for longer than I've been raw. I guess I'm even pickier about my choices in the intimacy department since going raw. I did notice an intense and almost unbearable increase in my sex drive since going raw, but I've just discovered yoga in the last month or so (and have been going almost 7 days/week...sometimes 2x/day) and now that energy seems to have been transformed... which is very nice.

Aloha Nui Loa,

Greg

A great many people think they are thinking when they are really rearranging their prejudices. - William James

There is no pill that can be swallowed,
There is no guru, that can be followed, - Michael Franti (Pray For Grace)

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion. - Albert Camus

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/24/2008 09:35PM by MauiGreg.

Posted by: mrdc ()
Date: March 24, 2008 10:21PM

SEX....yes please

:O)

Posted by: maui_butterfly ()
Date: March 25, 2008 12:26AM

Wheatgrass Yogi Wrote:
> I don't know how you Raw Women can live with
> non-Raw Men. It would lead to compromise in your
> own Diet.....WY

i don't live with a non-raw man, but i live with a non-raw child (that i cook for) and it doesn't lead to compromises in my diet.

i'm not in a relationship right now, but awareness, consciousness, groundedness, heart-centeredness <-- these are more important qualities than the food that someone eats, although I am not downplaying the importance of the food someone eats in attaining/possessing these qualities, but i think there are probably many paths to the same land. a person happily striving to make conscious choices (and taking 100% self-responsibility) at all levels in their life will likely have a healthy diet. it may not be a raw vegan diet, and that would be okay with me.

i also notice a healthy change in my feminine identification since raw, and my sex drive is off the charts. i think i need to do more yoga!

Date: March 25, 2008 01:59AM

maui_butterfly Wrote:
> ....but awareness, consciousness, groundedness,
> heart-centeredness <-- these are more important
> qualities than the food that someone eats...

If you see it that way, and this works for
you, that's fine. But for me, there's nothing more important
than what I eat (and what I don't eat). It leads to everything
else.....wait!! What's that I see? It's the Yogi and Butterfly
emerging.....WY

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 25, 2008 02:06AM

Not enough.
And when it happens....poor quality.

Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: March 25, 2008 02:37PM

I was wondering why no one had brought sex up before because I noticed a huge improvement in our sex life. My husband and I have been together for 16 years, since I was 22. The quality of our sex life has always been great. Quantity sometimes was lacking. We have always been passionately in love. When I got sick with candida overgrowth everything in my life went downhill. Caring for our kids was number one and I was always tired. Since our raw change we have lost weight and we have healed and have so much energy now. Our sex life is better than it ever has been. We have more love and passion than we did early on and the changes and growth have brought us closer. Although I have always been physically attracted to him, since he lost weight I am so even more. I also feel more sexual since I have lost weight and feel more in tune with my own body.

I would say our sex life has gone through the roof. If only we could get a sitter.

Maui_butterfly- I think in order to reach certain levels in spirit, mind and body we have to take a holistic aproach. What we eat is a big part of that. I think if only I or my husband had made the raw change, the other one would have been left behind in more areas than just diet.

Posted by: lemoned ()
Date: March 25, 2008 05:32PM

> I don't know how you Raw Women can live with
> non-Raw Men. It would lead to compromise in your
> own Diet.....WY

Well...it's not like I want to dump him now! I have been raw before I met my husband and he is not. But it's OK with me. I enjoy that he drinks the smoothies I make and the green juice, and he'll eat from my salads. That makes me happy.

Besides, where are the raw men lol? I never even managed to score a vegetarian one.
I met a few vegetarians and one was taken, the others where not into women.

I'm on day 7 of the juice feast and this is putting my husband to the limit though hehe...it somehow bothers him lol.So in that sense, I would like his support more, which I WOULD get from a raw man I guess.

Date: March 25, 2008 05:59PM

I have always had supernatural chemistry with my boyfriend from day one. We're both very charged people, and even moreso with each other. In the beginning, we've had a few experiences that could only be left to the language of tantric monks. Now, and much more frequently, we are having new, energetic, spiritual, body-melting experiences that are totally ecstatic. Part of it has to do with trust and familiarity, but the other part, I think, has a lot to do with how much more energy I'm bringing to the equation. I can focus better, I can direct my energy and my body with so much more precision. Accessing the right brain is supposedly facilitated with a raw diet, and whole-brain coherence happens naturally with amazing sex.

So, sometimes, it does make me wonder what would happen if we were both raw! But if he tunes in, and stays totally focused on me, it's easier for me to do for him. I'm sure it happens the other way around, too. And staying raw has mounted my intensity supremely. tongue sticking out smiley

Posted by: arugula ()
Date: March 25, 2008 08:28PM

Nothing for me since before I went raw. I kind of went into a deep freeze after the last bf.

But last year I got hit in the head with a thunderbolt, only just now are things starting up. He is incredibly self-destructive, SAD is only a part of it. I don't like what that says about me. At least he is thin.

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: March 25, 2008 09:29PM

wow sounds like a real winner
u know best though arugula
so i better shush up

Posted by: cy ()
Date: March 26, 2008 09:31PM

For me,raw food means taking care of myself,my inner-child that I left there,inside for so many years screaming for me,and at me and I never heard her,and never cared.
Now she is with me,and I'm with her,we are together in one person taking care of ourselves,physically in raw foods,juicing,walking,sking brushing,...and emotionally reading everything about raw life,raw style...
I am discovering myself every day,every minut and that is an amazing side of the raw,because I have clear mind without poison,I am detoxing the SAD and dead society,I am alive and happy with my body,and that is sexy,very sexy.

My non-raw husband is watching me on this path and getting more into the raw foods,just watching me,by example.I believe that he is seeing life and happiness in me, instead of SAD and death in the others.

Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: March 26, 2008 09:36PM

cy- I love your post. I have been thinking these things for over a year now and you have said it so well.

I love when you called it raw life, raw style. I think I will put that on a shirt.

Posted by: cy ()
Date: March 26, 2008 09:43PM

yes, pakd4fun,I'll buy your shirt.Please do that.

Date: March 26, 2008 09:49PM

Me three!

Posted by: Utopian Life ()
Date: March 26, 2008 10:29PM

Love it with a fun person (in limited quantities!!).....wouldn't say that vegans taste better, based on my experience, unfortunately.

[utopiankitchen.wordpress.com]

Date: March 26, 2008 11:08PM

If raw vegans smell better, I wonder if there is a taste difference? Or would it take another raw vegan to discern the taste difference? grinning smiley I've heard fruits, especially pineapples, make certain bodily fluids taste better...

Edit: My boyfriend said I tasted like lemons on the master cleanse. My sweat, everything, was just LEMONS.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/26/2008 11:09PM by phantom.

Posted by: MauiGreg ()
Date: March 26, 2008 11:25PM

Many years ago, I was with a woman who was just at the end of a 30 day watermelon feast... all I can say is deeeee-licious!

Aloha Nui Loa,

Greg

A great many people think they are thinking when they are really rearranging their prejudices. - William James

There is no pill that can be swallowed,
There is no guru, that can be followed, - Michael Franti (Pray For Grace)

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion. - Albert Camus

Date: March 26, 2008 11:53PM

Touchy subject here.
Does anybody out there enjoy it better alone than with another person?
I have found this in the past.

Date: March 27, 2008 12:03AM

Suvine opened this can-of-worms, then disappeared. I bet she's not going to talk about her sex-life.
It's interesting to read some of these comments. I'm surprised some of you women are so 'open'. You must feel good about yourselves......WY

Date: March 27, 2008 12:07AM

^I have been wondering where she is on this thread. tongue sticking out smiley

Date: March 27, 2008 01:13AM

when i first went raw a had a partner who was also on the path and we had terrific sex, very very yummy. but he was trying to detach himself from earthly pleasures and as a couple we were just endless temptation to him. my sex drive has always been very high and same when raw but sometimes with him i ended up feeling somewhat guilty about being that temptation for him, distracting him from his goal of pleasure detachment. which was pretty silly actually because he was the instigator a lot of the time. it was a strange relationship for sure.

now, none for me since i got pregnant. same when i was pregnant with little, none from the date of conception until he was 1.5 years old. i channel that energy into other things now, creating and being with the children and in myself. and the healthier i get the more i am grossed out by even the idea of kissing another human being and sharing mouth fluids, ugh! he would have to be healthy, very healthy, radiantly healthy to even attract me in the first place. i am particular about tooth care too, i think cavities are catchy!

all that sounds decidedly unsexy but meh, i don't care. sexiness for me at this age is about pleasing myself with my appearance, what i wear and adorn myself with (comfort and how things feel is way more important than how things look, i'm pretty tactile). how i use my body too, stretching, physical activity, how i nourish myself. sexiness has taken on a whole new meaning, it's not superficial anymore, it's about Real In My Body feeling. that's deeply and profoundly sexy to me.

not that i don't still do pretty sometimes but it is so much less important to me now that ever before. that may be directly in line with the kind of person i would rather attract into my life now as well. no more bad boys, i find the people i gravitate towards and who are drawn to me to be genuine, thoughtful, down to earth folk who appreciate the same in others. that's a nice change.

Date: March 27, 2008 02:03AM

btw, if you really want to put that saying on a shirt there is a super easy stencilling tutorial here
[www.craftster.org]

this is a great activity to do with kids, it's ridiculously simple.

Posted by: maui_butterfly ()
Date: March 27, 2008 02:40AM

Raw1228 Wrote:
> Does anybody out there enjoy it better alone than
> with another person?
> I have found this in the past.

interesting! for me masturbation is largely release of tension. not that i don't greatly enjoy it, but i'm also pretty clinical about it. (you know, you've got five minutes to spare, you're alone... hahahaha.) but sex is satisfying on so many levels... its the whole sense package: sights, smells, sounds, tastes, textures, "the other", the unexpected, receptivity, creativity, the give and take, mingled energy giving you something that you can't create on your own. i've had a couple of sexual encounters since i've been raw, nothing in the context of a relationship, and its different or i'm different or something is different. you ever see dolphins in the wild? they're randy little buggers, and like i said, my already-high aries/yang sex drive is on steroids since raw, so i sorta identify, but beyond that i feel like i'm channeling that dolphin energy right now (and i cannot believe i am saying something that sounds like its from a poorly written new age pamphlet) i guess the mood is that i don't want to get all serious about it, i'm really enjoying it being just me and my daughter right now, but i still want to get down... i just want to play and share joy and worship the source of creation. its coming from a place of real innocence, if that makes sense.

Posted by: flex4life ()
Date: March 27, 2008 04:57AM

How many people are not having sex and still feeling great by finding other avenues to channel their creative energies?

*raises hand

[www.youtube.com]

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables