Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: SEX
Posted by: mrdc ()
Date: March 27, 2008 05:54AM

Good for all of you that are "chanelling" your sexual energy in other ways.
I'm funelling mine into GREAT sex. My girlfriend also told me my fluid tastes less salty when I'm 100% raw.

Great topic, I am pleased so many people are also open enough to discuss it.

dc

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: MauiGreg ()
Date: March 27, 2008 06:11AM

I'm definitely channeling all of that energy into my yoga/breathwork/meditation practices currently and it has been an amazing transformation...but,

that being said, I think I would enjoy having both a vigorous yoga practice and sex life, if an ideal situation presented itself. Yes...I know I would.

...and now if you'll excuse me, I have 108 sun salutations to do before I go to sleep..... (sigh)

Aloha Nui Loa,

Greg

A great many people think they are thinking when they are really rearranging their prejudices. - William James

There is no pill that can be swallowed,
There is no guru, that can be followed, - Michael Franti (Pray For Grace)

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion. - Albert Camus

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: March 27, 2008 06:36AM

108 salutations aren't such a bad thing u know

la da dee dum do day !

Posted by: rawangel ()
Date: March 27, 2008 07:21AM

Well SEX is always a topic that I've been interested in. I'm a former sex addict who healed from this about 10 years ago, but it was still a struggle to stay grounded until I went 100% raw. I grew up in a very liberal household and so sex was never a topic of censorship. I also spent most of my youth and most of my adult years in the SF Bay Area where I really lost my way at one point as you pretty much are given the golden key to explore your sexuality in SF specifically. At first it wasn't self-destructive, but it became so over time like any addiction. Funny it was just the sex, never drugs, alcohol or anything like that...those things I cannot tolerate ironically. I won't get into the details, but when it comes to sex I've probably done it and it would probably shock a lot of people who think they know me. I look like a little innocent flower to most. lol.

How I've transformed specifically is I'm an artist and I'm now able to channel my sexual energy via creative channels. Again, I attribute this greatly to my raw food diet, daily meditation and my yoga practice. My sex drive is still super high, but it's no longer driving me. I also find that I'm more in touch with the intimacy associated with sex versus the sexual act and the physicality of it. The spirituality of sex is where I'm at right now and so is my boyfriend. We're having a good ole time and he's not raw either. ha. I feel like I've visited the dark side and have ascended to the light. I am blessed that I always practiced safe sex during the rough times and that I'm still here to talk about it. In a way, this has made sex so much sweeter and I appreciate it more and life in general. Similar to my raw food transformation. There are many parallels and I am thankful for the journey.

Posted by: gorillawar ()
Date: March 27, 2008 10:23AM

I find that I have more of a sex drive when raw. I feel better in a multitude of ways. I find that I have a dislike of the artificial more now than ever. I never liked plastic surgery or heavy perfumes/colognes. I have never been one for make-up or anything like that but I have an increased love for very natural people. Raw sex is good sex ... everything is sweeter.

Posted by: phantom ()
Date: March 27, 2008 02:11PM

I think I'm more attracted to body hair now. :O

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 27, 2008 02:48PM

flex4life Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> How many people are not having sex and still
> feeling great by finding other avenues to channel
> their creative energies?
>
> *raises hand

*raises hand.

i look pretty innocent too but i have quite a lot of funky experience in my past. that may make it easier for me to channel that energy elsewhere, i don't feel like there is something i don't want to miss out on. though on the flip side of that i Know what i'm missing. i'm not attracted to the same kind of sex anymore though, all that experimentation got it out of my system. the rough and dirty stuff doesn't appeal to me so much anymore. i think tongue sticking out smiley.

yeah, 108 sun salutations are looking pretty good right now... i don't feel like sighing about it though, it isn't quite that dire for me yet. give me a few more months and a baby who isn't nursing so much and i may be singing a different tune.

what do you do when you're single? do you have a stash of old partners who you still have sparks with? i could call one of about 5 old "friends" for a romp any time. i might have to travel a few miles to get it on though. and find a baby sitter, ha ha ha! but at least i know i have options. that all seems like so much work though, i mean really, i can accomplish the same kind of thing at home on my own. and the idea of cultivating a new relationship just seems too daunting to me, i need to know and trust someone before i feel like being intimate with them. i used to leap and then look but things have changed.

Posted by: Utopian Life ()
Date: March 27, 2008 04:17PM

I think some people just don't taste too good and no matter what they change in their diet, it doesn't help. I've never been with a raw vegan, just a couple vegans. I'm at the age where men my age are slowing down some and I'm not at all. sad smiley I go for younger sometimes. And then you think that older will be better, and that certainly is not true across teh board.

*sigh*

Date: March 27, 2008 06:14PM

coco Wrote:
> yeah, 108 sun salutations are looking pretty good
> right now... i don't feel like sighing about it
> though, it isn't quite that dire for me yet. give
> me a few more months and a baby who isn't nursing
> so much and i may be singing a different tune.

...just to clarify;

My sun salutation sigh was a sigh of surrender to the perfection of this moment and not a sigh of disappointment. Even during this extended sex-less period of my life, my situation couldn't be any further from being "dire". I too, have a deep history of ravenous sexual exploits where I would get so obsessed and depressed if even a week would pass without sex. I would worry about when my next sexual experience would happen with the same intense concern as a starving person in a famine stricken country would worry about their next meal. I think I looked for validation in the amount of sexual partners and experiences that I could accumulate. Now that validation grows organically, from within, with every breath. So now, I'm really enjoying being able to relax in this moment... to not worry about "getting any" is like a much needed vacation. My sex-drive hasn't diminished, but it dwells in a much deeper place and finds nourishment in a variety of healthy places now.

...so if you'll excuse me, I've got 108 sun salutations to do before I go to work... <deep sigh of surrender>

Aloha Nui Loa,

Greg

A great many people think they are thinking when they are really rearranging their prejudices. - William James

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion. - Albert Camus

Posted by: brome ()
Date: March 27, 2008 06:28PM

Tantra yoga has meditations for various aspects of life. Here's all 112 methods given by Shiva to Devi. Click on #48 for meditations of various aspects of sex.

[www.otantra.net]

Date: March 27, 2008 06:49PM

MauiGreg said:

"My sun salutation sigh was a sigh of surrender to the perfection of this moment and not a sigh of disappointment. Even during this extended sex-less period of my life, my situation couldn't be any further from being "dire". I too, have a deep history of ravenous sexual exploits where I would get so obsessed and depressed if even a week would pass without sex. I would worry about when my next sexual experience would happen with the same intense concern as a starving person in a famine stricken country would worry about their next meal. I think I looked for validation in the amount of sexual partners and experiences that I could accumulate. Now that validation grows organically, from within, with every breath. So now, I'm really enjoying being able to relax in this moment... to not worry about "getting any" is like a much needed vacation. My sex-drive hasn't diminished, but it dwells in a much deeper place and finds nourishment in a variety of healthy places now."

Well said and very relatable. Thank you.

Date: March 27, 2008 11:11PM

wow, there are a few ex sex addicts on this forum. i wonder how that appetite relates to others, like for food. what do you think?

Greg, do you really do 108? wow.

brome, that site looks so good. i'm checking it out later on. it's totally gorgeous to look at so far.

Date: March 27, 2008 11:26PM

coco Wrote:

"Greg, do you really do 108? wow."

...no, I exaggerate, but that is what I'm striving and thriving for...it seems to be a magic number.

Aloha Nui Loa,

Greg

Posted by: phantom ()
Date: March 28, 2008 03:23AM

I also find sex with any food in my stomach a source of increasing discomfort, as I stay raw. So much that if things start moving around, I kind of feel weird and it ruins a good moment. =(

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables