Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

dandruff
Posted by: dinesh75 ()
Date: March 31, 2008 05:45PM

Any natural methods to cure dandruff? I have fairly severe dandruff, for quite some time. I tried apple cider vinegar, the stuff is too strong and I take the public transport with people bunched up. So can't do that.

Thanks.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: dandruff
Posted by: anuiyer7 ()
Date: March 31, 2008 06:09PM

Hi, My husband had dandruff problem for several years and it was completely cured with the raw diet, along with asthma and breathing problems.

We always think of dandruff as a separate issue, but sometimes it is NOT. Often the "flaky" scalp results from toxins that are eliminated from the scalp. As his asthma cleared, and teh toxins were eliminated through several detoxifications, the scalp started to clear. He no longer has dandruff. We didn't even notice that until after a few months and I asked him how come yopur scalp is absolutlely clean and has no more flakes and itch and rashes that he had before. Thats when he even noticied how clean it was.

Hope this helps. Stick with the raw diet. After detox is done, and the body eliminates the toxins the scalp will clear.

Take care
A Iyer

Posted by: Funky Rob ()
Date: March 31, 2008 06:31PM

I used to get dandruff occasionally but I've never had in since I've been raw.

Rob

--
Rob Hull - Funky Raw
My blog: [www.rawrob.com]

Posted by: phantom ()
Date: March 31, 2008 06:40PM

Wheatgrass juice is supposed to help. Haven't tried it myself, but it's pretty cheap to get a shot and just massage it in. =)

Posted by: ksmanthey ()
Date: March 31, 2008 11:36PM

I had dandruff, and no dandruff shampoo (natural or not) worked until I tried this kind from Avalon Organics [www.avalonorganics.com] I think it worked because it doesn't have sodium lauryl sulphate, which many react too. I can use anything without it now, and still don't have dandruff. Nothing else at all worked! Good luck!

Posted by: tanawana ()
Date: March 31, 2008 11:44PM

Try not going so heavy on the shampoos or try a much more mild one and keep the hair moisturized or more to it's natural state I would think is a good idea. Shampoos can be very drying and be part of the problem.

Posted by: phantom ()
Date: April 01, 2008 03:13AM

For the first week I started washing with only water and quit all shampoos and conditioner, I had a wild dandruff breakout. Like... trying to quickly tie up my hair on the way out the door to work and HOLY COW. Then it completely subsided and my scalp is happy, now. Chemicals could be irritants, too.

Posted by: rosemary ()
Date: April 01, 2008 09:11AM

dilute the acv and put in on the scalp for a while before you wash it.
or coconut oil on the scalp in the same way.

Posted by: dinesh75 ()
Date: April 01, 2008 01:32PM

Thanks guys.

I currently massage my scalp with almond oil and then fresh lemon juice. Doesn't seem to work much.

Let me try the organic shampoo and see how that goes.

Thanks all.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables