Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

wanting fruit....no desire for veggies
Posted by: stoner ()
Date: April 02, 2008 09:59PM

I have been 100% raw for about 3 months now and lately i have found that i dont exactly care for veggies as much as bofore. In the past two weeks the only veggies i have had is corn. This also took place at a time in my life when i am able to get more rest, before i was working 2 jobs and hardley sleeping at all. Now i get at least 8 hours a night. Does that have anything to do with it?
Is it true that fruit helps you detox more?
Am i going to lose any nutrients that i may need from the veggies>?

.........living to tell a tale of a life it self........

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: wanting fruit....no desire for veggies
Posted by: tanawana ()
Date: April 02, 2008 10:03PM

Go ahead and forgo veggies if you like. Time will tell if the desire comes back and you can go that time without em safely. Being you are so new to raw eating I would be questioning if you are really in touch with reading what your body "really" wants yet, but it's not impossible. Just be careful and aware as much as you can :O)

Posted by: roadrunner ()
Date: April 03, 2008 02:35AM

Fruit is magic! It heals, it cleanses, and its the ultimate way to eat. I dont desire veggies either, not at all! I get everything I need from fruit. Many criticize this lifestyle but thats ok, it works great for me and I get all the nutrients I need, variety is key.

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: April 03, 2008 02:37AM

When I don't desire veggies, I don't eat them. And when the desire returns, I eat them.

At the beginning of the raw diet, eating more veggies is a good idea. But if your body says enough, it would be wise to listen to your body.

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: April 03, 2008 02:54AM

As an all fruit eater for many years...of course the way I personally feel is evident. I DO think that any changes to major areas of life (changes in politics, home, relationship, diet, etc.) should be done with conscious choice, responsibility and gradual care. So: one doesn't HAVE to just wake up one morning and say....I'm going to stop eating mostly pizza today and switch to all bean sprouts! Ha! ha! Similarly, I don't really believe that one CHOOSES to be an all-fruit eater....so much as becomes one......or evolves into that....given one's goals.

-It certainly seems natural (to me anyway) to want to eat more fruit. Go ahead and work your way towards there....without changing your diet too radically - you know? Let us know how you do! smiling smiley

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: phantom ()
Date: April 03, 2008 02:50PM

I had the same thing going on for months. I got TOTALLY sick of greens/veggies. I've only recently just started eating some light and watery salads again, I have no desire for the bitter greens taste.

I have been tracking my intake with fitday.com and everything was showing up as fine--but I did have an episode where my gums started bleeding, and taking shots of wheatgrass fixed the problem. A lot of people said it had to do with mineral (probably magnesium) deficiency, which had to have come from my pre-raw days, and then was probably aggravated by the excessive fruit-eating. I probably need some extra minerals to help with my phase of transition, and normalize my reserves--but a lot of people here say they tend toward fruit over time.

I still have an ounce of wheatgrass every day, but I by far feel best on mostly fruit! It's like I get on this energy kick that goes all day, pauses enough for me to rest well, and I wake up the next day at full steam, and keep going. It keeps my head so wonderfully clear.

I love love love love love fruit. <3

Posted by: tanawana ()
Date: April 03, 2008 02:54PM

If you eat adequate fruit, you can aquire all your desired vitamins and minerals actually, if you are following charts such as the USDA.

Posted by: Utopian Life ()
Date: April 03, 2008 03:52PM

corn is a grain, actually, so maybe you've not had veggies all along. just track your nutrients; you might be fine.

[utopiankitchen.wordpress.com]

Posted by: arugula ()
Date: April 04, 2008 12:38AM

Yeah, not only a grain but also a fruit. Much more fruity nutrient profile than vegetable.

You might like the baby spring mix salads or a little bit of iceberg lettuce. I love the milder greens.

Posted by: anuiyer7 ()
Date: April 04, 2008 07:30PM

I eat almost only fruit daily. I am high raw (80%) and that 80% consist of almost all fruits. If you need vegetables I believe that your body will tell you.. I love fruits and I enjoy them all the time,.

Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: April 04, 2008 07:41PM

I eat a variety of fruit all day as mono meals and a very green smoothie late in the day. Its a nice simple and easy way to eat and I like the way it makes me feel.

Posted by: Grayzie ()
Date: April 05, 2008 04:19AM

i only wanted fruit to start with, then I went through a phase where I looked forward to my veggies, back on wanting fruit again ... I still make sure that I have some veggies every day though.

Posted by: Lightform ()
Date: April 05, 2008 11:00PM

I'd just like to share my experience with veges. I love fruit !! don't get me wrong, and I feel light eating only fruit but... I've started juicing about 10 ounces of greens a day along the likes of kale, parsley, silverbeet, spinache and celery etc and have mainly got into because of what happens.

It tastes real bad and is quite hard to consume but the way I feel nearly straight after and then in any subsequent physical activity just can't be denied. It is simply amazing, the strength and vitality I feel from it is stuning. I'm going to keep doing it regardless of the taste. To borrow a phrase from another poster here, it literaly makes me bounce off the walls with waaaay more energy than I get eating only fruit !

Posted by: shane ()
Date: April 06, 2008 12:08AM

I went throught a stage where all I wanted was green smoothies: kale, spinach, watercress, the lettuces, dandelion greens, chard... And I'd make my smoothies with a pint of strawberries or a few apples or some pineapple. Then I got more hardcore with just the vegetables, and eventually eliminated all fruit.

When Winter came, I suddenly lost all desire for greens. I ate salads because I felt like I had to eat salads. I drank green smoothies because I felt like they were the healthiest things I could put into my body. But I slowly lost my taste for them until I had all these raw greens just rotting in my fridge.

About the same time I started drinking fruit smoothies. Mostly with young coconut as a watery base, then several types of berries. Especially blackberries, blueberries, raspberries. Now, it's nearly all I eat. Just these beautiful deep purple smoothies and raw fruit. I eat salads out of some obligation, I think.

If it wasn't for this forum, I think I'd be worried that I'm eating too much fruit, not enough vegetables, and not enough protein. But reading about the experiences of others is helping me "listen to my body," which I still don't pretend to understand. I know I crave berry smoothies. Is this listening to my body? Who knows... But I don't want vegetables right now, I want fruit, and almost exclusively fruit.

Posted by: GypsyArdor ()
Date: April 06, 2008 12:34AM

I've always been a veggies/greens girl, never really caring much for fruit. The longer I'm raw, however, the more I'm drawn to it. I still love greens, though!

Stoner, maybe you are craving fruits because your body needs more calories? It's tough to get enough calories with just veggies/greens.

Lots of love to you,

Wendi
XOXO

Posted by: rawgosia ()
Date: April 07, 2008 03:39AM

I think one way of losing nutrients is by not following my body's instincts. smiling smiley
Gosia

RawGosia channel
RawGosia streams

Posted by: rosemary ()
Date: April 07, 2008 12:57PM

i juice veg when i cant chomp my way through them.

Posted by: phantom ()
Date: April 07, 2008 08:42PM

^^I admire the force and determination behind that statement. >8)

Posted by: stoner ()
Date: April 09, 2008 09:48PM

I finally got to a computer to read this post.....have not had one of my own.
Thank you so much for the feed back. wow i never knew corn was not a veggie....
learn something new every time i get on this site...thanks!

.........living to tell a tale of a life it self........

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables