Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

need help picking dehydrator
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 28, 2008 05:40PM

I read that the 4 tray isn't good for raw food. I need your help picking which one to get!

Any opinions on 5 tray v. 9 tray or timer v. non timer?

I'm not going to be making a whole lot since I'm not "raw". I jsut enjoy raw food, but eat cooked food as well.

Any ideas or opinions on which I should get?

Thanks smiling smiley

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: need help picking dehydrator
Posted by: life101 ()
Date: April 29, 2008 01:34AM

There are two major contenders if you want to splurge. There is the Excalibur. The 9 tray one is better in that you have more room and can remove shelves for taller items. <url>[www.excaliburdehydrator.com];

Then, sodoffsocks (another member here), stated that the Sausage Maker Stainless Steel is good. But, it is more expensive. The advantage here is that it is more durable than the Excalibur. <url>[www.sausagemaker.com];

The timers make them more expensive and there is controversy whether or not they are really worth it. I would get it without and if I had the money, I would buy the Stainless Steel one. But, that is just me. I don't have one at the moment and awaiting budget allowance. Good luck. Therese

Posted by: Dulset ()
Date: April 29, 2008 04:40PM

The 9 tray is huge if you're just deydrating for one or two people. It's large too, at least the size of a microwave and you can hear the fan so I keep mine in the basement.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 30, 2008 01:25PM

Thank you guys smiling smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables