Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4
Re: Juice Feasting for Fun
Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: June 14, 2007 06:02PM

heyy JOdeeeesmiling smiley
thanks linka ma jink magicianique!
yer brilliant!

heeeyyyyyy WY congrats!! on having a triplicate gold star yesterday
that's awesome!!

<< I'm glad you made it too. What are you going to do today?>>

thanks!! yeah, it actually meant something to me cuz it weren't the eaziest thing to do. well, since i felt REALLY good and hopeful when i woke up this morning ( which is ( i have been noticing) a little bonus side effect of juice feasting) , i am making another " just for this day, it will be a ***" juice conviction announcement

here it is:

*** glugging announcement:

i hereby am telling all on this juice boat that i'm gonna sail through another
star storm to see what's on the other side

cuz, truth be known, unless i actually make this conviction to "some"body

its actually not that easy to stick to

so, THERE! done dealsmiling smiley

oh yeah, what am i gonna do?
well, considering that i got LOADS of greenz in my fridge
and i MUST use them ( i kinda calculated how much i needed before it would perish

i am gonna juice my greenies : dandelion, celery , spinach, parsley , kale
and maybe an apple or two

and drink em

<< The Unicorn has been telling me to have a *+* day. Should I listen?....WY >>

hmmm... good question... i say FEED the unicorn, then see what the PEGASUS has to say... then go with your instincts ( ha ha)

orrrrRRR u can stail through star storm with me 2!

either way, is alright with me

i'm gonna make it a greeny sippin day only though cuz i noticed it helps me to go to sleep a little better ( at least it did yesterday) for which i am VERY grateful for plus i really need a boost in my mental faculties cuz i wanna do somethin' and i needs my cerebral neurons to work for me at full gait

good enuffreazonsforme !

later juicemongerinfeasters!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: June 14, 2007 09:57PM

the unicorn started singing ...

a long time ago when the juice was green ..
there were more kinda veggies than youve ever seen!
throwin in grapes ,, an a bit of watermelon
pass me some glasses , laVeronique was yellin !

(btw did you know there is no word IN the dictionary to rhyme with orange LOL !!) wowzah !

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Date: June 15, 2007 01:02AM

jgunn

wow.. after reading your song
i felt reaallllll thirsty
so i DRANK some MORE of my greenies
its tasting deelish
apples help too

i took a loooooong walk today
it was awesome! greenies everywhere
grass green trees green. birds chirpin
twas sensational

<<(btw did you know there is no word IN the dictionary to rhyme with orange LOL !!) wowzah !>>

what ARE you TALKIN about?, huh?

dontcha know there are TONS of words that rhyme with l'orange!

for instance

porange
dorange
glorange
samorange
and raspborange

see?

well, here is my update
so far , so good

i noticed walking did help me feel better
i felt elated for a while
then i felt sad
so then i drank more greenies/apples
and felt better

but then i decided to make my to do list again
and focus on just ONE thing i have to do on that list
now i'm feeling better

i knew it would work
always does

hows it goin with all?

good? bad? bodacious? all of the above?
none of the above?
don't know?

don't matter
post anyways

always like hearing from storm travelers

ver

Date: June 15, 2007 01:58AM

this gave me a boost
i have NO IDEA what that song was that he sang but it made me get all wet eyed
like everyone else in the audience... i heard it before... but i forget what it was.. please.. someone let me know... it was an opera..i hope this link works or ...

<[video.yahoo.com];

Date: June 15, 2007 02:01AM

darn! why didn't it work? so, i heard this guy singing this incredible opera ( soooo beautiful) on this video thing it was for some british show

anyhow... i just copied and pasted it to the rawfood forum
and lo and behold ( as usual) it didn't work

oh well... any help?

some jgunnmagique?

u know which one i'm talking about?

i think the song was from les miserable?

whatever it was, it was beautiful

anyhow... here is my new update

still drinkin the greenies

but my energy is more elevated now than it was a couple of hours ago
as far as my moods are concerned etc.

i'm looking forward to this upcoming event ( in like 15 minutes)

so i'm gonna get outta here

but i am pretty sure that it will be good all day

see y'all later

Date: June 15, 2007 06:15AM

well, this is the end of the day
can't say that doing the *** was ALL that fun
i felt like i was holding my breathe underwater for a while there
feel empty

hmmmm.... makes me more philosophical ( than i already am... not the most comfortable feeling, to be honest)

it can be beastly , at times

no wonder this ain't so popular of a thing to do with everyone ( hee hee)

Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: June 15, 2007 12:39PM

ver.....You're doing so well!!! A real inspiration to us all. I listened to the Unicorn and had a *+* day yesterday. He's a nice Pet but gives bad advice. Today it's ***. I wish JJ would report in and tell us how he's doing.....WY

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: June 15, 2007 12:57PM

the video link works smiling smiley sounds loverly!

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: aquadecoco ()
Date: June 15, 2007 05:10PM

la_veronique Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> well, this is the end of the day
> can't say that doing the *** was ALL that fun
> i felt like i was holding my breathe underwater
> for a while there
> feel empty
>
> hmmmm.... makes me more philosophical ( than i
> already am... not the most comfortable feeling, to
> be honest)
>
> it can be beastly , at times
>
> no wonder this ain't so popular of a thing to do
> with everyone ( hee hee)

For sure! I've done them and am planning to do some long, water-only, juice-only, etc cleanses and fasts till I am all better! It's going to take months.
But I have to finish a project first, so........

Not looking forward to the sensations you're describing........I know them all too well.........but.....let that nasty stuff out and enjoy your lighter burden!

Posted by: juicin' john ()
Date: June 15, 2007 05:14PM

what you seem to be say here yogi is that telling lies to victims is ok.

people who somehow became victims of alchohol have a serious disease which actuality needs to be brought to their awareness in a strong enough way that they cannot put off doing something about it.

its actually a genetic thing. i dont feel like going into details but it has to do with a genetic inability to produce aldehyde dehydrogenage which is critical for the neutraliztion of acetaldehyde. alchoholics are unable to change acetaldehyde to acetate at as great a rate as non- alchoholics. aldehyde dehydrogenase enzyme is what causes that to happen . too much to talk about in one small space here. you can research it for yourself it you like.

i have observed the behavior of street winos up close and i must sadly admit that they really are stuck in their situations. their "drug" can be bought for a mere pittance almost anywhere and once they are under its spell they have not thought of changing. evan prohibition didnt do any good.

salvation army is a good bunch of people as far as i can tell. it seems to me that the hell fire damnation sermon on the evil of alchohol is true and thus appropriate to the situation. i certainly would not recommend a pat on the back with some spare change towards a bottle of port. needless to say extreme situations require special consideration and sucessful results must be initiated by the victim theirself. this is not an easy thing to accomplish.

this post took up alot of words...but i did try to keep it as brief as i could.

i'll will need to open up another reply window to post what i really wanted to share with you all.

jj

Date: June 15, 2007 06:04PM

wow this thread is moving so fast that my previous post has gone out of theme from the previous page.

i will do what i can to bring it up to speed here and now.

today is day six of my juice fast and i feel great!

for the past three days i have done a hot bath and enema upon waking from a restfull and healing nights sleep. in case you have not realized it ...restfull sleep is one of the greatest healing opportunities we have.

i realized something about the enema today.... i take thim in a nice comfortable bath and use plain water. filtered water if you have a water filter is best but dont let the water source stop you. any water is better than not taking an enema because you cannot get the right water.

high enema is what it is more precisely called..by the way i am a real nutcase about using as precise as possible words for describing stuff.. accurate verbal communication is tough enough without adding to it misleading,or hard to understand word selections. someone could end up doing things the wrong way just because you used words which did not allow your ideas to be transfered precisely. so i always think about using the best wordings.

ok...here is what i realized today.... when taking a high enema while fasting, a person gets better results if they bring their knees up to their chest while laying on their right side.

enemas really make for a clean feeling on a juice fast for me. also when evacuating on the toilet ...dont sit on the seat if you can put your feet up on the seat and "squat" while evacuating. the sitting position for bowel movements is inferior to the squatting position. a naturopathic doctor by the name of dr. wells has a neat invention called 'welles step" which elevates your feet for a semi squat position.

anyway thats what i realized today.

juicin' john

Date: June 15, 2007 09:24PM

JJ.....Are you Juice Fasting or Juice Feasting? I'm just finishing 2 Quarts of Carrot Juice....it's a Feast. Scrubbing all the carrots is the hardest part for me.
Today is a *** Day. I like one on and one off. Whatever works, right?
I've known several Alcoholics over the years and have even been to an AA Meeting (as an observer). I had a problem with every speaker starting with "I'm an Alcoholic", or "I'm a recovering Alcoholic". A more Positive Statement would be better, even if it wasn't true yet. Or as one Preacher said..."Claim what isn't, as if it were, until it becomes".......WY

Posted by: anaken ()
Date: June 16, 2007 12:17AM

good suggestions JJ

the thought of sitting on a toilet seems like ancient history to me...another great adjunct to that is hands on your head (ever notice some overweight folks do this when they use urninals) dam slip and slide.

I don't do home enemas, but the position you talk about is exactly how they do hydrotherapy.

today was certainly a feast for me..I don't think i've ever consumed this much liquid in a day...the rind output was totally unexpected..ended up with like 80 oz juice dinner sitting in me right now..and theres still a few more glasses i poured out. I'm actually worried about ruptering my dam kidneys but I'm gonna down the next few in a bit...so much for fresh.

12:00 drank a liter of water and hung around outside getting sun
1:00: 1/2 large head of spinach. 1/2 head romaine. 3 green apples. 1 large bunch celery
4:00: had a 40 oz. of watermellon that is. about 6 lbs (with rind)
5:30: had another 5 or 6 lbs juiced of course
7:30: rind + rest of spinach, romain. 1 pkg celery hearts, 2 green apples.

tomorrow i'm going to cool it on the mellon, maybe break the rind into two 'meals' ouch. ouch

LaV. I hear you. my diet is very 'light' but I eat big...'light' fruit meals.. so fasting or feasting on juice even tho its not so much different detox...the lack of solid food just irks me also. i'm going to try to do these 4 day things pretty regularly (at least once a month if not twice) to get 'over' this. to me a lifetime of healthy choices wins out...slow and steady

Date: June 16, 2007 12:55PM

ana.....That's amusing about your kidneys. No chance of injuring them with Rind Juice, even though I have heard of people dying from taking in too much water in too short a time. I had a half-gallon of Carrot Juice yesterday and about as much Rind Juice spaced over many hours. The carrots were getting old, but they were still very good.....WY

Date: June 16, 2007 02:09PM

aquadecoco:

thanks for the comforting words. helps to know i ain't the only one that sometimes feels this way

JJ

yaaay! looks like yer in good form . keep groovinsmiling smiley

WY

congrats on your triplicate! i agree, whatever works for the individual is the way . i'm with you on that one! yesterday was a *+* for me but today is gonna be a *** ( my little announcement again) cuz i did feel better after a ***(especially in the morning... feeling of renewal and joy)

anaken:

i like your Le Menu
looks like something they would serve at a four star spa
divine : green apples: they are so fragrant and crisp

i never put romaine in my juice though i tried everything else u mentioned
i heard it was a good lettuce to juice
there is a first for everything

today i'm doing the same as before : greenies with my apples
cuz that's what i got in my fridge ( logicalsmiling smiley

its fun being on this boat
its the happening cruise

happy sailing my friendssmiling smiley

Date: June 16, 2007 02:38PM

LaV

yes, the SPA treatment!

I had actually never juiced a mellon or a rind or many other fruits. not too surprizing but the melon itself evacks very minimal pulp. I guess it is similar to oj where the 'fiber' is in the juice. unfortunately didn't kick my bowel like when I usually eat 7+ lbs of mellon.

when I was juicing regularly - like I've said in other threads I mostly purchase these norwalk pressed juices because the quality is superb (very thick) and fits my schedule better. and having a juicer doesn't mesh when you are living with a bunch of other SWD folks..so I only wip it out occasionally...

err but as I was saying...when I was juicing regularly I would always throw in the bottoms of my romaine and spinach stems..yields a good amount of juice..and then I would eat the leafys at the end of the day. So I could buy 2 head romaine. 1 head spinach and 1 head lions or khale, a few apples and that would be my juice and dinner salad for 3 days. found it to be the freshest, cheapest and most efficient way to go. I also learned that I perfered juicing celery with my mouth smiling smiley but find it a vital ingredient in fasts (or feasts)

Its probably good to get the darker more mineral dense guys in there...but I sort of gave up doing collards and chard. spinach, khale, celery, romaine...all these I can enjoy solo or with each other...whereas the others are a chore to gulp unless there is a good ammount of apple in there. Dandelion is the hardest to swallow..and works for me only with carrots (which i've also been eschewing for the time being).

WY

yeah I was refering to just the ammount of fluid. my guess is that the oxygen in juice makes it easier to consume then water. generally i'm a slow sipper/ gulper..but the rind was dam filling up my juice-catcher..and of course I wanted to mix with my other goodies so I simply made too much. it was like a marx brothers routine.

Date: June 16, 2007 04:04PM

i just binged on a book ( like a wolf devouring uhh... something or other.. what DO they eat?) it was the greenies that made me do it ( side effect)
well, the fact is done
and it is embarrassing cuz the book was one of those supermarket books ( and i'm always making fun of supermarket books)
but it had a half decent plot though( like most supermarket books) it was unbelievably riddled with unabashed cliches (no shame , whatsoever grinning smiley )
so, oh well... thought i'd share that embarrassment.
reading bad books is like drinking odawalla (flash fired pasteurized to the max.. but just for a "flash" ...) one wonders only afterwards... "WHY did i do that"? but its too late... the damage has been done , the little cliches have wended and meandered their way through my veins... ahhh... mediocrity sets in.
time to get some better fare.. if anyone has better literary munchies to recommend, please do... i need a snack ( and it ain't comin from the fridge)

Date: June 16, 2007 04:36PM

obviously you are reading fiction....which i personally find ultimately boring as far as reading material goes. i usually have about 5 6 goood non fiction books going at the same time and i switch from one to the other and it works quite welll for me. science fiction may be the only exception...but then again i cant evan remember the name of the last one or when i read it.

hope you work it out,

juicin john

Date: June 16, 2007 04:37PM

obviously you are reading fiction....which i personally find ultimately boring i usually have about 5 or 6 goood non fiction books going at the same time and i switch from one to the other and it works quite welll for me.

hope you work it out,

juicin john

Date: June 16, 2007 05:24PM

sorry about the accidental double post ..la veronique.

jj

Date: June 16, 2007 08:36PM

<<obviously you are reading fiction....>> u mean to tell me, there are other forms of REAL literature? ( ahem)

alright alright.. i know the camps... fiction vs non fiction
i happen to like BOTH grinning smiley

okay so gimme the deal jay jay : whatcha got there? out of the 4-5 non fiction
cornucopia... gimme a title
don't be stingy now

help a fastin groover groove along better.. yeah, i get you, i sometimes do that too (jumping from one book to another) but only with NON fiction ( cuz i tend to get bored reading NON fiction straight through so i gotta switch it around a bit)

howevvvverrrr with FICTION, i tend to read it in one sitting cuz its more compelling and it goes well with my greenies

oh yeah, here is today's update:

so far, so good

hope i keep this up
sometimes i feel like i'm losing my mind
but then again what's new?

btw: i quit drinking all that flashed to the ground juices loooooong time ago
it weren't too difficult, really... i just imagined them throwing bunches of fruit into the oven then zingging them up in an blender and i lost my appetite for them.... permanently sad smiley

Date: June 16, 2007 09:22PM

hey ALL

i just went back to see what jgunn meant about my video link working
i posted a small small link on june 14 ( look above)
and it had a link ( in blue)

about a guy who sings opera
and it was so beautiful
i just HAD to put it up

but the thing is ; i have NO IDEA what he is saying
or what the words to his song is
cuz i think its in italian? ( i could be wrong)
or maybe it is latin? ( maybe that is wrong too or right?)

but anyhow, if anyone knows that song, let me know
i told y'all i have a thing for some classic music
even if i don't understand a word of what they are saying (especially the operas.. i have no idea)

but i want y'all to click it on and LISTEN and tell me what u think

hey jgunn: wasn't it great? now, don't lie ... didn't you feel like crying too?
i did

i really have no idea why

Posted by: aquadecoco ()
Date: June 16, 2007 11:47PM

la_veronique Wrote:

if anyone has
> better literary munchies to recommend, please
> do... i need a snack ( and it ain't comin from the
> fridge)

You might like Tim Cahill ("Jaguars Ripped My Flesh"winking smiley, Jon Krakauer, Joe Kane ("Running the Amazon"winking smiley etc. - will look in my bookshelves for more ideas.

I love these guys - I think Tim et al from the early days of Outside magazine, back in the early 80's when it was independently owned and had loads of personality and integrity - they set the tone for a new kind of wilderness and travel exploration journalism.

Unfortunately I don't think Outside magazine is even worth picking up now - it's completely formulaic, predictable, - yes, monotonous!

Oh well.

Anyway I love this kind of stuff - easy to read and digest, intelligently written, humourous, ........... good vicarious fun!

Date: June 17, 2007 02:40AM

pretty much the same deal as yesterday

except I threw out some rind, did a little less mellon flesh, did 1 or 2 more apples and 1 whole other (on top of the one spread out over 'lunch') big head of spinach for dinner.

spent most of the day in the sun. some in the shade. did a short bike ride (1hr) and saw a movie in the eve. tomorrow I might try to force a bit more bedrest.

when I read books..i'm usually reading fiction. I read enough 'non-fiction' on this screen easier to get the non-fic I want.

Date: June 17, 2007 05:01AM

Juice Feasting has been fun, but now is the time for me to change gears to Juice Fasting. My back injury continues to be a source of pain and suffering. My pet Unicorn has been saying "Why not go ahead and heal yourself?". I plan to continue with my main juices of Wheatgrass, Celery, Watermelon, Carrot,and Watermelon Rind, just in lesser amounts (except for the wheatgrass), with lots of water along with them. The days will be all ***, none of this *+* business....no solids or fats to slow down the cleansing.
"Flush" your body clean and healthy. Happy juicing and don't forget the Green Juice......WY

Date: June 17, 2007 07:23AM

aquadecoco:

<<You might like Tim Cahill ("Jaguars Ripped My Flesh"winking smiley, Jon Krakauer>>

the latter

Krakauer, what can i make of him?
blinded by the snow
and wanting more of it
made the mistake of seeing beauty in bleakness
and pays dearly for it

i can relate
its a pity, too

one ought not make a shrine out of sparseness
there is nothing forgiving about the places that he traverses

i'm eating some more snow
it tastes beautiful

Date: June 17, 2007 10:18PM

i have green juice coming out of my eyes and ears and nostrils ( perhaps)
i made SOOOOOOO much. had to give some away

this is gonna be a *** i'm sure of it
i agree with you WY enough of this halfway thing
one either sails away from the port or remains tethered to it

i'm sailing
storm still has stars in it
maybe that's why i like to sail

anaken

fun stuff what u said about getting enough non fiction on this screen and elsewhere
i go for the truth
i go for fiction

hows it going WY?

what's up JJ?

Date: June 18, 2007 12:27AM

pretty much same routine. mabye a few less apples..threw in some whole limes that were hanging around. about half a melon (8 or so lbs) total

tomrrow i'm doing some travelin and planning on doing more of a fast

i'll break tuesday morning with a few lbs figs at my lunch break (back to work :/ )

WY to answer you question to JJ on another post...I consider a fast to be strictly green juice, with only small ammounts of carrots or apples etc..and no additon of sweet fruits for calories. For me it's generally less then 60 or so oz per day. in 2 or 3 gulps per day. with some additional water then on a 'feast' jmho.

tomorrow I have just enough stuff left to make 16 oz or so..and then just plan on getting a single juice from a store later on and then i'll hit the sack early.

for me, doing the mellon was fun..but I probably would have rested more without the sugars..was deffinetlly doing alot of out and about this weekend due to fathers day/family etc...

yes lots of truth in fiction..have you read Ishmael?

Date: June 18, 2007 12:55AM

*** today.
ana.....I like the way you distinguish a Fast from a Feast....mostly Green Juice and 60 ounces or so total.....good guidelines.....WY

Date: June 18, 2007 03:28AM

*** today for me toosmiling smiley

i've got green juice to spare
i went a little overboard
and made a swimming pool load of green juice
drank a LOT of it too

anaken

i haven't read ishmael
what's it about?
fill me in

WY

i still don't have the courage to put wheatgrass into my juice
uh oh
no way, dude

hows it goin?

Pages: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables