Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Lower right abdominal aches, mild fevers, headache, fatigue for 12 days now
Posted by: rufio ()
Date: February 07, 2010 05:33AM

Could this be appendicitis?

My doc saw me for all but 6 minutes and told me I probably strained something. I asked why a mild fever the night before and he said he couldn't explain that. De ja vu.

These aches are originating in the lower right abdomen and occurs in waves, some days more frequent than others. When it's not aching, it's just a dull feeling and tender to the touch.

That's how it started the first couple days - only the aches - but then I developed a mild fever on the 5th night. Fatigue, pounding headache as well accompanies the fever. The fevers tend to go away after a good night's sleep, but for the last 3 days it's crept up in the latter part of the day. My body feels like it's fighting off an infection. From what though?

Does this sound like classic appendicitis? I still have regular bowel movements and urination. I still get hungry when the symptoms are minimal, but if I feel crappy I don't feel like eating, naturally. I thought about water fasting for a few days but seems dangerous given my state. My doc told me to take a pain killer for a few weeks and hot pack, doesn't sound like the ticket. Now I may have to do the begging for tests. Would there be any harm in taking raw garlic?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/07/2010 05:37AM by rufio.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Lower right abdominal aches, mild fevers, headache, fatigue for 12 days now
Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: February 07, 2010 03:58PM

rufio,

Please, please get yourself to an emergency room and have this checked out. Appendicitis has virtually no symptoms except pain and fever, and typically does not affect the digestion until one is already hemorrhaging and septic. Do not wait and see about this; it could just be a groin pull, but if it isn't, time is of the essence. Good luck.

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: February 07, 2010 04:44PM

i agree im suprised your doctor hasnt already screened youfor Appendicitis ... whenever there is fever there is usually a problem

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: newhoove ()
Date: February 10, 2010 11:59PM

Rufio,
Pain in the lower right of your abdomen could indicate one of two things. 1. You are have appendix problems. 2. You are developing irritable bowel syndrome.

J & T already covered the appendix problem. Here is why I think it could be IBD. In the lower right portion of your abdomen, you have an involuntary sphincter muscle called your ileocecal valve. This sphincter muscle allows food to pass from your small intestines into your colon when ready. You also have your appendix in that region.

What is tremendous about the valving system of humans is it usually works in a harmonious, orchestrated motion in which all of the 'doors' open at appropriate times.

When someone has Irritable bowel disease, things become chaotic and the valving system doesn't work properly. All the doors begin to do whatever they please!! You will start to notice your intestines start to undulate, or wave, inorderly at times. Sometimes, if too strong, this motion produces too much contraction/constriction and pushes ill-prepared food from your body (liquid, unformed stool).

If it is not an appendix problem, which scientists believe now that the appendix harbors beneficial bacteria for the digestive tract, then, take a look at IBD.

What is important is to analyze how consistent you eat during the day. You want to eat at specific times to normalize peristalsis (the wave). Then, start branching out accordingly. A more simple diet, chewed really well, may give your system a nice rest.

If you attend a ball game and they start to do the 'wave' out of order, you need to take control of the situation and have everyone start at once (eating at specific times), so all the drunk fans don't throw the motion off.

I hope this helps. Keep me posted on what they find out!

Thanks!

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: February 15, 2010 04:50AM

Rufio,

Are you eating an all raw diet right now? If not, what percent raw are you? What does your cooked diet look it?

It sounds like you have an internal infection. If it were me, I would fast myself. But I can't recommend this for you, because I don't know your lifestyle, and I can't tell if fasting would serve you. But you can educate yourself on fasting, and see if this is something that might serve you. You might check out "Fasting Can Save Your Life" by Herbert Shelton.

Posted by: newhoove ()
Date: February 20, 2010 08:09PM

Rufio, how are you feeling? Keep us posted.. I have been thinking about you..

Posted by: Prism ()
Date: February 20, 2010 10:32PM

You could try some activated charcoal as a slurry drink..look it up and it will tell you how to do that. If it's an infection, or a precursor to something more serious the charcoal will help.

Let us know how you are, and if there is an update in here already..sorry about that..I'm using new computer and it's jumping around with the scroll button..I have small learning curve to get it all to work for mesmiling smiley

Love,
Prism

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: February 22, 2010 08:46PM

I sent Rufio a PM last week--no response. Am a bit worried at this point and hoping it turned out to be nothing, and that he's not posting because he's off enjoying life.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: February 23, 2010 07:59PM

Lighting the "non-appendix-bursting" candle tonight. Not much presents like this except appendicitis but I'll be keeping my thoughts positive in any case. Hope to hear soon...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables