Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

My heart hurts
Posted by: fruitylou ()
Date: April 07, 2011 06:13AM

I've been taking Vitamin D for the past 2 months and I fear I may be experiencing a side effect from it. Lately my chest feels tight and my heart feels like it is beating abnormally. I came across a blog post and saw a bunch of comments of people having the same issue. [ctheblog.cforyourself.com]

Is there anything I can do to get rid of this now or do I have to wait it out? I understand Vit D is fat-soluble. My guess is I have too much calcium in my blood - would supplementing magnesium be safe? It's supposed to be a calcium channel blocker, however, I already get enough of it through my diet according to Cron-o-meter. I know if I go to the doctor they will run tests, tell me my heart is fine, then prescribe a drug I'm not going to take. I am considering fasting since I'm currently just putting more calcium in my body via leafy greens.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: My heart hurts
Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: April 07, 2011 11:09AM

In the case of the heart its not wise to just shrug it off, no harm can be done in going to the doctors to have an ECG, your blood pressure and some bloods taken especially if there is something underlying going on.

You don't have to take any medications if you don't want to, but you will get piece of mind with an ECG etc.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 07, 2011 12:23PM

If this were me I would go to the dr immediately.
You could have strained a muscle in your chest (this has happened to me) but why chance it? I think dr's are good for some things, like this.

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: April 07, 2011 02:35PM

Yet more evidence that I don't want to take supplements! I will continue to use juice to get massive doses of various vitamins/minerals. Oh and the Sun--the maker of vitamin Dsmiling smiley

Good luck to you. I am sure you will be okay...

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: April 07, 2011 05:30PM

Go to the doc and have your heart tested, plus a simple blood panel, which should show if any minerals are out of ratio. Hope you feel well soon!

Posted by: klandestine ()
Date: May 07, 2011 11:58AM

How are you feeling now? Any update for this thread fruitylou?

Posted by: fruitylou ()
Date: May 19, 2011 11:56PM

im over it now. i stopped supplementing with vit d and it went away soon thereafter. the goods news is my vit d levels went up 50 pts! but i guess it wasnt without some pain involved. thank goodness summer is here. my dr didnt think it was from vit d and that it was likely a hiatal hernia. he offered to refer me to a chiro but i told i needed to think about it. would a chiro be the best choice for a hiatal hernia?

Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: May 20, 2011 11:46AM

Chiro is often the best choice for trying to manipulate the hiatal hernia as surgery isn't a good idea unless very severe.

Your lucky he offered chiro as most doctors here will just throw some proton pump inhibitors at you and tell you to go.

[www.vegankingdom.co.uk]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables