Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

HCL pills
Posted by: koyo06 ()
Date: May 06, 2006 07:12PM

hello everyone,

I read (on the Boutenko's site) that HCL pills ( ranitidine, ephedrine ?) are good for lack of stomacal acid (thus leading to weak digestion, difficulty to gain weight, etc). Anyone taking those pills ? or being able to give me more info and their feelings about it ? - thank you - also any info on the use of green smoothies to gain weight ?

blessings of nature to all !!!

koyo

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: HCL pills
Posted by: Horsea ()
Date: May 08, 2006 11:21PM

Ranitidine is a prescription drug and ephedrine - you know this drug, for sure - it is a purified, concentrated version of a herb, with serious side effects for some people.

In any case, HCl pills, such as Betaine Hydrochloride, are both effective and safe. And cheap. And available at the health food store. My son has low stomach acid and I could see the difference in his health when I gave him several capsules when he ate high-protein foods.

To figure out if you need HCl, you just try one in the morning on an empty stomach, and if you don't feel any burning, you need it. You increase by one capsule every morning in the same manner, until you do feel a burning. So back up by one capsule, and that is the dosage suitable for you.

After a period of time, you will probably need fewer and fewer pills as your body makes use of the food you are eating and makes you healthier.

Date: May 10, 2006 05:15PM

thank you so much !!! as there were no particular details on the web, i was wandering which one to try.

nice day to you

Posted by: Horsea ()
Date: May 10, 2006 08:20PM

You're welcome. Please let us know how this works for you. In general, if you consume food with an acid, such as vinegar or lemon juice, that sometimes is sufficient to get the protein and minerals in the food into a digestible state. But of course some foods don't taste good with vinegar or lemon, so that is where you would try Betaine Hydrochloride.

Date: May 11, 2006 06:39PM

I just learn that they have it in my healthfood store !! I hope my digestion will get better with that little help. Funny though to have so much trouble to digest food with this ideal diet...

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 05, 2011 08:23AM

at wht time of the day shd we take hcl pills . n should it be when empty stomach or after eating ??????? thank you

Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: January 05, 2011 11:32AM

You should give bitter herbs a shot first, on the back of the tongue, this stimulates the vagus nerve which in turn stimulates the release of stomach acid, pancreatic enzymes and bile secretion thus aiding digestion.

But if you are going to take betaine HCL the best time is with a meal. Long term you can further shut down your stomach acid so its best to go with bitter herbs, zinc etc.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables