Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

scoliosis
Posted by: Dada ()
Date: March 08, 2008 06:03PM

any good advice on scoliosis and web links, or good dvds. I am in constant pain especially my neck and lower back. I have been doing yoga from tv, yoga zone precisely and it helped me a lot. But the show is over now and bought their dvds but it's not the same.
(Would be nice if I recorded it, wouldn't be?)

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: scoliosis
Posted by: pampam ()
Date: March 08, 2008 11:30PM

so sorry for your pain. My oldest daughter has back and neck pain due to scoliosis and a malformed neck. She has had pain for years and the doctors have only given her stronger meds for the pain. She is now on morfine at age 25. I am apposed to this and am curious if raw foods would aleave some of the discomfort from your back pain. Please do keep me informed on your search and progress.

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: March 08, 2008 11:37PM

If you search google for "Yoga for scoliosis" you will find quite a few hits. I am certain that with the proper yoga therapy, one could straighten out the abnormal curvature of the spine. In my own body, yoga has realigned parts of my skeletal system (hips, knees, rib cage, chest, spine, ankles, etc).

Posted by: greenie ()
Date: March 09, 2008 07:22AM

Hanna somatics. [somatics.org] (NOT somatics.com)

A good practitioner can help you in 1-2 treatments. They'll give you a 10-15 minute movement routine, very easy to do, that will re-education the mind/body musculature. Totally effective and very worth going out of your way to find a good practitioner.

Posted by: maui_butterfly ()
Date: March 09, 2008 07:30AM

my sister is a structural integrationist ("rolfer"winking smiley, which is a form of deep tissue bodywork that works as an excellent adjunct to yoga to align and balance the skeletal system. a series of one hour weekly sessions for ten weeks is called "getting rolfed", and the before and after pictures that i have seen are pretty powerful. here are some i found online for you to check out...

www.yogaman.com/rolfpicts.html
www.originalrolfmethod.com/
www.larsonwellbeing.com/rolfing/before-and-after-photos/
[www.rolfingcenter.com]

this one breaks down the series:
[www.rolfinguk.co.uk]

here's more about how rolfing works with yoga:
[www.rolf.org]
[www.yoga.com]

Date: March 09, 2008 07:39AM

i'll second that hanna somatics bodywork is great... i had one session for my knee (i thought for sure i needed surgery) and i walked out of there pain free and have not had a reoccurance of the knee pain.

Posted by: greenie ()
Date: March 09, 2008 03:56PM

re: Hanna Somatics,

I wish I could find a practitioner near me.

Date: March 10, 2008 05:01PM

Thanks everybody! Maui, these picks are amazing! You gave me hope! I asked God for answer and he gave it to me. There is no such a thing as coincidence, right? Greene, I am on my way to find a practitioner as well. I'll keep you posted if I found one.
Thanks again!

Date: March 11, 2008 06:56PM

I found rolfing practitioner!!! Yeah! Baby, yeah!!!
Maui_buterfly thank you!

Posted by: rost0037 ()
Date: March 11, 2008 11:42PM

I love Rolfing, it feels soooooo good. Just breathe through it and let the muscles free...

Date: March 28, 2008 01:33AM

keep us posted, dada! i hope that goes well for you.

hey, i recently discovered the most amazing online yoga classes -- a new one hour class daily, and they archive the old classes on the site. check it out: www.yogatoday.com

this particular class rocked me:

[link.brightcove.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables