Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Current Page: 2 of 8
Re: What's Your Current Favorite Movie?
Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: April 27, 2009 10:57PM

That's funny, I hadn't connected the two movies (Shawshank redemption and Thelma and Louise) by the two main actors being partnered romantically. I don't think they ever got "married." His name is Tim Robbins.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 04, 2009 10:37PM

Just watched Major League again for the first time in awhile, what a classic. smiling smiley

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: May 05, 2009 08:26AM

o yeah

tim robbins
that's who i meant

thanks pakd for clearing that up

yep, he looked like him

i liked tim robbins in "the lucky ones"

check it out

recent or quasi recent film ( i rented it)

just saw it on a whim

twas alright

seemed realistic and all

i guess it could happen to anybody

think of all the things that country music lyric is about

wife leaves the guy
dog appears at the home ( which wasn't there before)
son is accepted to harvard but can't afford to go there

the guy re enlists so he can afford the "down payment" so his son can go to college

girl gets shot in the leg and is returning guitar to the parents of her boyfriend

guy gets shot as well and it kind of ruins his confidence

so the flick starts out that way

and its about hope

and about how life just is kind of not so cool sometimes

but it helps that other people are there to kind of see u through

there u go

nothing deep or super tragic

somewhere in between

Date: May 10, 2009 12:31AM

Hmm... then I would recommend you check out these...

7 Pounds _ true story
Bella
Charlie Wilson's War _ true story ( I think )
Children of Huang Shi _ true story
Diggers
*** Freedom Writers _ true story
Fugitive Pieces
Grand Theft Parsons _ true story
Half Nelson
Life as a House
On the Edge
Paris
Resurrecting the Champ _ true story
Slumdog Milionaire
Stop-Loss _ based on reality
Swing
*** The Great Debaters _ true story
*** The Worlds Fastest Indian _ true story
The Visitor
Things we Lost in the Fire

They are all supreme movies IMO. The kind that realy speak to the soul and explore the power of human experience.
I got access to a bunch of these. So far only watched "Children of Huang Shi" which was a bit too drawn out but decent.

Date: May 11, 2009 05:47AM

I wanna see a movie entitled

Children of the Broccoli Clan

shucks.. if i can't see it

maybe i ought to make it

LOLsmiling smiley

Date: May 11, 2009 02:40PM

If you need some kids who love broccoli to star in your movie, I know four.

smiling smiley!

Posted by: ROIRRAW ()
Date: May 11, 2009 08:25PM

Into the wild.
The notebook.
Peaceful warrior.

Date: May 12, 2009 04:20AM

Into the Wild was great, couldn't finish the Notebook, my ex liked it though.

Posted by: ROIRRAW ()
Date: May 14, 2009 10:47AM

Love this from into the wild.

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: May 16, 2009 03:21AM

it was a well done movie , the sad thing is had he taken any sort of time to prepare for being where he was he would have known there was a bridge just a few miles from the camper van where he died and was a short walk away from being saved at busy road. its unfortunate he had to die in sucha stupid way.

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Date: May 17, 2009 12:03AM

i didn't much care for the note book either. i liked i heart huckabees, that was funny. the cook, the thief, his wife and her lover is a great one that still makes my fave 20 at least. the kids and i watched the princess bride again the other day too, gotta love that one.

Posted by: kwan ()
Date: May 17, 2009 04:29AM

Saw the latest version of 'The Day the Earth Stood Still' with Jennifer Connelly and Keanu Reeves tonight. I really liked it. The ending was a little too abrupt, I thought (never mind, don't want to spoil it!), but the whole premise on which it's based is very timely.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Date: May 17, 2009 03:06PM

WE just watched "There Will Be Blood." It was intense. I liked it.

"The Princess Bride" is great!!! We own it and watch it again and again. It is my hubbies fav.

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: May 17, 2009 03:51PM

Star Trek! Saw it on the Friday night of its opening weekend. Lots of fun (at least for me). The new Mr Spock was great.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: May 17, 2009 06:17PM

Bryan,

Running around like a madwoman telling whoever listens to GO SEE STAR TREK!!! Could've been awful, but turned out great! Perfectly cast, perfectly paced, just great!

Date: May 17, 2009 07:24PM

I just finished rreading the book Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte and thought id watch the movie by the BBC to see how true to the book it was , and they did a really good job smiling smiley

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/17/2009 07:24PM by Jgunn.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: May 17, 2009 11:11PM

Jodi,

I have that version on video, and, like most BBC adaptations of beloved British novels, it's very well done. Hope you enjoy it!

Date: May 18, 2009 01:18AM

i really enjoyed it Tam smiling smiley honestly i havent sat down and had a chance (not that ive allowed myself too anyways) to read a book since my extended mental health vacation in asia back in 2002. and before than i probably hadnt read a book in over a decade .. sad but true lol

ive vowed to read 1 classic novel a month now, even if it means sequestering myself away into a hot bath behind a locked door everynight before bed and reading a chapter while i soak lol smiling smiley smiling smiley

actually im reading them online on the laptop from this website smiling smiley [www.literaturelibrary.net]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/18/2009 01:19AM by Jgunn.

Date: May 18, 2009 06:17AM

Watched "Things We Lost in the Fire", it was watchable but a bit too slow, dramatic & strangely sterile. Lot of sound bites but I felt like no tension was ever really resolved. I didn't like the ending.

Date: May 18, 2009 12:17PM

"Man On A Wire"

This is a true story documentary that is about a man who dared to risk his life, limb and freedom ( he was sent to jail)

because he dared to dream of walking a tightrope that was flung across the two Twin Towers

he had this dream since he was 14 years old then as a man he made it come true

i loved it because it shows someone who has a crazy chimeric passion

and makes it become a reality

in the most intriguing way

going through great logistical labyrinths to make it happen

crazy

oh yeah, haven't finished watching it yet

wanna savor it in bits and pieces

that's the kinda person I am smiling smiley

Date: May 18, 2009 12:19PM

well, i like the fact that he was so damn focused
walking that wire
juggling stuff while he was walking the wire
going backwards
walking blindfolded

craziness

love that sort of craziness
i can relate to it

so much

i often feel like i am walking a tight rope

a million feet from the ground

and this guy makes art out of it

wow

Date: May 18, 2009 12:19PM

impressive

the messsage i get is that if you really want something badly enough

there really is nothing to stop you but yourself

true

true

and

true

Date: May 18, 2009 12:21PM

conversely

if u really desire something

badly enough

no obstacle is impossible

they WILL and MUST be surmounted to satisfy the longings of the heart

this dude was all heart

but the exactitude, strength, vision and discipline required to manifest what was in his heart

is nothing short of stunning

so

who cares if some guy walks on a tightrope a zillion feet off the ground

illegally

juxtaposing the wire between the twin towers

well...

i do

obviously

don't ask me why

some things i can't explain

no can do

sorrrrrry smiling smiley

Date: May 18, 2009 01:40PM

Wow, cool La V.

That post was just what I needed to read. I am going to save it so you can give me a pep talk any time I need one. Thanks. I am going to watch that movie! Thanks again.

I keep thinking about "There will Be Blood." It was dark and disturbing. I knew it would be because I read that other people who liked it also liked "Clockwork Orange" and "No Country for Old Men." My sister loved all those movies and she was the one who recommended it to us. I started wondering how I feel about watching disturbing movies like that (by the way, I am not talking about horror flicks, which I never watch). I like them for their obvious works of talent, but I don't want to see any of them again. My husband and nephew love Pulp Fiction. They watch it once a year or so. I wonder if those movies are healthy. I think my healthy diet has made me more sensitive to those kinds of movies. I am glad I watched "There will be Blood" because it made me wonder really hard if I wish I hadn't watched it. The thought provoking aspect of it for me is hard to give up. Then I think of my husband laughing all the way through "Pulp Fiction" over and over. Why do we(people) watch violence? When I was in ninth grade I saw this guy get beat up so badly while a huge crowd watched before first bell one morning. I watched as this guy was hitting this other guys head on the sidewalk. I yelled for someone to do something and stop him and then the bell rang and the fight ended. The crowd was probably close to 100 people, I went to a big school in Houston, and all those people froze to watch it. It was weird how everyone got silent when the fight turned ugly. I kept wondering why no boys were pulling them apart like I had seen in movies and on TV. I wonder how movie violence really affects us. I don't think any violence in movies is worse than what humans have been doing since the beginning of recorded history. I am torn about my feelings about watching movies like "There Will Be Blood." I don't know if it feels good or bad. The human mind fascinates me.

Posted by: kwan ()
Date: May 18, 2009 03:07PM

I can't watch really strong violence either-- it leaves me feeling really bad and kind if drained. When I first met Jonathan, he showed me his whole collection of horror flicks (this was 21 years ago), but at some point I completely stopped watching horror flicks and gory films centered around things like serial killings and extreme violence. If I'm in the mood for an action thriller, I go for a more mild-mannered flick with a detective or intelligence agent-cenered story. Lately I've been enjoying romantic comedies and thoughtful dramas. Much to my pleasant surprise, Jonathan's taste in movies has changed right along with mine. In the past he didn't like comedies much at all, but now he seems to favor them.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Date: May 18, 2009 05:58PM

MMR = Mumps, Measles, Rubella

my brother had a heart attack and nearly died, he was around 2 at the time. oddly enough he had the same reaction when he was first medicated for schizophrenia at age 17. between the two he was diagnosed as attention deficit. i have a hard time believing that they somehow aren't all three connected.

my cousin was a normal baby, totally fine behaviorally speaking and in terms of developmental time-line until a bad reaction after a series of regularly scheduled vaccines. he was indefinably "sick" afterwards and suffered some health issues and other problems. it became clear shortly thereafter that he was experiencing some developmental delays, my aunt says it was a marked difference to her. though he will never be "normal" his parents have recently had some success with him via a heavy metal detox program.

this talk of whether to vax or not and why becomes so much more clear when it happens to someone you actually know, then the reality of it is very distinct. i could not ever take my children to a doctor to administer those shots, everything in me, every protective instinct as a parents howls out a resounding NNNOOOO!!! believe me, there is no question in my mind about this issue. the only vaccine i would ever consider is tetanus and only if we were living in a rural area. unfortunately tetanus is not administered as a single vaccine but is paired with at least two others, neither of which i feel is neccessary or safe.

Date: May 20, 2009 09:53AM

coco says:

<< MMR = Mumps, Measles, Rubella

my brother had a heart attack and nearly died, he was around 2 at the time. oddly enough he had the same reaction when he was first medicated for schizophrenia at age 17. between the two he was diagnosed as attention deficit. i have a hard time believing that they somehow aren't all three connected.>>

MMR sounds like a horror movie
doesn't sound like my cup of tea

VAccine movies scare me
cuz they are so true
they are more like documentaries than films

jus kiddin' coco tongue sticking out smiley

Date: May 21, 2009 08:18AM

I just saw and rented Bladerunner ( harrison ford)

luved it smiling smiley

anyone else saw it?

though i didn't like some of the gory part

but it was still pretty cool

seemed like the whole thing took place in chinatown too

anyone know if that was new york or futuristic new york?

also , do androids really exist now?
that can think like humans?

Date: May 21, 2009 08:19AM

oh yeah,

i was rooting for the Replicants
if u must know

i think the harrison ford character was pretty screwed up
trying to kill the androids and all

and if i were an android
i would've tried my best to survive as well

the pooor things had only 4 years to live

makes me grateful i'm a human

Date: May 21, 2009 03:12PM

Bladerunner was another dark movie. I love it too. We own it, LOL! I picked it up at the flea market for a $.50. I love Harrison Ford. He is my type. winking smiley!

We rented "Into the Wild." Haven't watched it yet though. We also rented the "East of Eden" mini series with Jane Seymore. My husband saw it years ago and has been hunting for it since I met him. It is his favorite book and says the movie is great. Lastly, we rented "The Buddy Holly Story." My kids are stuck on the song "The Day the Music Died" (About the day Buddy Holly died). One line of the song is "Did you write the book of love" and my boy came to me and said, "I wrote the book of lovin'." He is such a sappy little guy, always kissing and hugging and loving.

We haven't been watching movies lately. My husbands 78 year old uncle is staying with us this week and we have been playing Skip Bo, a card game. It is so fun.

Current Page: 2 of 8

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables