Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous12345678
Current Page: 8 of 8
Re: What's Your Current Favorite Movie?
Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: June 06, 2010 10:54PM

Boy, I'm stumped by Vinny's question . . . uh . . .

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Lightform ()
Date: June 07, 2010 03:18AM

Well... I mean.. my favorite movie of all time has to be The Peacefull Warrior, and if we are limited to only talking about our one favorite then this will be a short thread grinning smiley

Posted by: Curator ()
Date: June 07, 2010 10:29AM

lol, it says current favorite movie, so I assume it means any movie that is currently your favorite...still the five people you meet in heaven for me...amazing movie...poignant and beautiful...

Posted by: Lightform ()
Date: June 12, 2010 01:34AM

I just watched I've Loved You Too Long.
An awesome heart wrenching drama about a woman dealing with the re-immersion into society after a long prison sentence, and comming to term with a trauma that put her there. A real beautifull movie about typical social predudice and the power of caring people to overcome it all.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: June 12, 2010 12:24PM

Lightform,

I've seen that film at the video store, and have never bothered with it--the title is one of the best movie titles ever, and I was leery of being disappointed. Now I'm gonna give it a go : )

coconuts,

I went ahead, heedles, heedless girl that I be, and rented "Alice in Wonderland," promising myself that I would jettison any expectation of relevancy to the source material as I watched. And you know, I really enjoyed it. Nothing to do with my beloved Alice books from childhood, mind, but a fantastical journey just the same. I am going to try to use this approach for the last Harry Potter film, because I was literally baffled by "The Order of the Phoenix," due to its being a pale imitation of the book upon which it was based. I succeeded in watching the follow-up, "Half Blood Prince" using this strategy. I just pretended I had no prior experience with that plot, and the movie, though flawed, was not a colossal disappointment like "TOotP" had been. We shouldn't have to do it; it isn't fair and does not respect the quid pro quo arrangement between filmgoer and film maker, but we gotta stop expecting faithful transliterations of books. We must sometimes take a chance that, with realistic expectations, we may be pleasantly surprised, cross fingers.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/12/2010 12:24PM by Tamukha.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: June 12, 2010 01:29PM

You know, I do try to do that but I couldn't with Alice. The plot was just so thin and overshadowed by visual effects, I kept wondering when they were going to do a little character development. And that bunk with Alice refusing her wanky husband-to-be at the end and the idiotic scene with her headed out to sea, hair down and flying in the wind, oh UGH! As if! We're meant to believe in That happy ending, during that age? I don't think so. Ok, Wonderland is all about fantasy but the juxtaposition of fantasy and the stark reality of real life is what makes that So fantastical. Grr, every time I think about it I get mad.

I'm glad you liked it though. I won't watch any more HP myself, too hard to reconcile it with the books and why bother with the story if it's not going to be told well? Meh, I just can't spare the time.

Posted by: Curator ()
Date: June 12, 2010 03:30PM

One movie I couldnt set aside my childhood memories and enjoy, was charlie and the chocolate factory... the new movie...I just couldnt stand it, I wont get into that though, I agree order of the phoenix was ridiculous, all of the HP movies really where in comparison to the books, they should have made them like 3 hours movies, sure they would have been long, most people would have loved them even more though... Ive not seen Alice yet, and probably wont anytime soon... one movie that made me really mad to was the eragon movie... they completely butchered the story...completely...

Date: June 12, 2010 04:08PM

Agreed. Sad, it had potential.

Date: June 20, 2010 02:57AM

I've been scanning pages out of old craft books so I can donate them to the thrift store so I've been stuck sitting on my studio floor all last night and all dang day long today too, blah. But I've had movies playing all the while, I've watched 5 of which 3 are worth mentioning. First, an old one, That Hamilton Woman with real life spouses Viviene Leigh and Laurence Olivier, sad and romantic and lovely. Kristin Scott Thomas in I've Loved You So Long, very interesting. I had to put the dubbed version on which wasn't as lovely as hearing all the french but I couldn't read subtitles while I was working. Then, and this has to be one of my
favourite movies of all time, every time I watch it I get ridiculously happy. Amelie. Isn't that the best movie of all time? Oh man... I did have to take a break and read the subtitles of that one but it was worth it. I love french movies.

Date: June 30, 2010 01:15AM

We just went out to see Toy Story 3, once again excellent kids film. Thankfully this isn't one of those sequels where they've skimped on the story line.
Unfortunately it was in 3D so I left with a ripping headache. It probably didn't help that I cried like a baby at the end but I couldn't help myself. It's always heart breaking in a sweetly sad way to envision your own little person growing up and not being your baby anymore. Lovely to see your young child turn into an independent adult but *sniff sniff* you can't help but miss that wee little baby and fun little kid forever.

Date: July 02, 2010 05:14AM

Wit with Emma Thompson who has got to be hands down one of the most fantastic female dramatic actors of our time. Wow, is she ever spectacular. Adapted from a play and you can just feel that while you're watching, how close to the story you are, like you're sitting right there in it. It was wonderful. Sad and beautiful and human.

Posted by: veghunter ()
Date: July 25, 2010 12:19AM

Drama: The Color Purple, Shawshank Redemption

Dark Comedy: Being John Malkovich

Action: Sneakers

Farce: The Closet (French), The Valet (French) <--interchangable

Horror/Thriller: Silence of the Lambs

Martial Arts: Kung Fu Hustle, Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon (Chinese)

Documentary: Fahrenheit 911

TV movie: The No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency

Others worth watching: The Visitor, Slumdog Millionaire, Crash, Election, The Breakfast Club, Life is Beautiful, My Big Fat Greek Wedding, Jerry Maguire, Shakespeare in Love, The Madness of King George, The Hunt for Red October, Amadeus, Milagro Beanfield War, Terms of Endearment, Dr. Zhivago, Rear Window

P.S.- I know it's many months later, but I have to say I completely agree with your assessment of "The Piano", Tamukha. Maybe it's a Scorpio thing.

Date: July 25, 2010 01:17AM

Ooh, I have Crash here. Maybe I'll watch it tonight while I'm working in the studio. I know that's not really watching but it's how I have to view films these days. Double duty in the life of a busy mum winking smiley.

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: July 25, 2010 08:48PM

If we are talking fave movies of all time, I cannot pick just one. Some contenders:

"Annie Hall"

"Wizard of Oz"

"Breakfast Club"

"Mask"

"The Color Purple"

"Gone With The Wind"

"Boys Town"

"Of Human Bondage"

Some more recent movies I have found to be more hype than great. I wasn't as keen on "Slumdog Millionaire" as some people.

Date: July 27, 2010 01:16AM

Have you seen The Wiz with Diana Ross and a very young Michael Jackson? And Richard Pryor as the wizard if I recall correctly. What a film, OOH! Loved it.

Ah, it was him as the wizard, I just googled. He's dead now, shame.

Pages: Previous12345678
Current Page: 8 of 8

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables