Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Last movie you checked out/rented and last you saw in theater?
Posted by: banana who ()
Date: July 24, 2010 12:52AM

I checked out "Gone with the Wind" and watched the first half. The last movie I saw was "Sex and the City 2."

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Last movie you checked out/rented and last you saw in theater?
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 24, 2010 03:05AM

Last movie in a theater was Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs (I have kids, what can I say?) or maybe that was the second last... I can't remember (I have kids, what can I say?) grinning smiley.

Last movie watched at home was Chicken Run but the last one I brought home just for me was Happy-Go-Lucky starring Sally Hawkins. Funny.

You know, there's a nice movie thread going already. Lots of great suggestions in it, reviews, crits etc.
I know it says "current fave movie" but it's morphed.
[www.rawfoodsupport.com]

Date: July 24, 2010 08:30PM

Coco: I saw "Happy Go Lucky" at home, too! I really like it; what about you? I really identify with the title character.

Posted by: veghunter ()
Date: July 24, 2010 10:36PM

Last movie: Inception (terrible)
Last video: The No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency (very good)
Last movie that I liked: The Visitor

Date: July 24, 2010 11:31PM

I thought it was cute and sweet and quirky. Not the most intellectual of films by any means but it had interesting insights, it was fun to watch and it didn't rot my brain. Overall I liked it. I keep thinking about the brick walls, they use such different colours than we do here! Sometimes they resembled that colourful indian corn, I thought that was really neat.

Date: July 25, 2010 12:29AM

I'm glad you got more out of Inception than I did. One of the major problems (there were several) that I had with the movie, was that inception - planting the seed of an idea - is done very easily and commonly in the waking world without the danger of psychosis. It's done in advertising, it's done by political pundits and con-artists, spouses do it to each other all the time.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: July 25, 2010 12:48AM

"Happy Go Lucky" really bugged me--I mean, I get episodic, but there was almost no point to anything in the film. It really was taking "slice of life cinema" to an absurd extent in a way that makes an episode of Seinfeld look like D. W. Griffith. I didn't hate it; at the end, I was just, "Eh, is that it?"

Date: July 25, 2010 01:14AM

Veghunter, sorry I should have clarified that my post was in response to the question about HGL. I haven't seen Inception.
Tam, it reminded me of one of those brit chicklette books that I find such humourous brain candy; light and fluffy, fun with no commitment. I quite liked the scene with the driving instructor freaking out, that was worth watching at the very least, no? She's actually serious for a second, virtually unimaginable from her up to that point.

Date: July 25, 2010 03:34AM

coco Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Veghunter, sorry I should have clarified that my
> post was in response to the question about HGL. I
> haven't seen Inception.
>

Lol, duh, sorry for interjecting.

Posted by: eaglefly ()
Date: July 25, 2010 02:34PM

Theater movie: Christmas Carol (3-D animated)
Rental: I am currently getting the first season dvd's of Star Trek from Netflix.

Date: July 25, 2010 02:57PM

coco,

Yeah, those scenes seemed to be going somewhere and were authentic. I just didn't buy most of her other relationships. Except with the exurban sister--those were suitably awkward and well done. Over all, the film just didn't meet up to its potential for me . . .

Saw "Black Orpheus" on TCM last night--holy cow! Today's cinema has no soul fer sure.

Date: July 25, 2010 08:40PM

Tamukha: That's the kind of stuff I LOVE--when a film doesn't have a neatly-wrapped finish. It's kind of a European realism, with long scenes that don't necessarily end with a grand finish. I am not into blockbusters, if you haven't figured out, LOL. The last tenant of my apt. left a big-screen tv and I don't even feel the need to go to the movies anymore. Not much there for me anyway. One of the recent ones I checked out of the library was "I Have Loved You So Long" with Kristin Scott and French subtitles. Anyone see it? I enjoyed it but not the ending. Wasn't plausible to me and that kind ofthing bugs me!

Date: July 27, 2010 01:14AM

I saw it, I think I mentioned it in the other movie thread. It was interesting.

Posted by: Nubster ()
Date: July 29, 2010 06:44AM

Can't remember the last movie I rented...it's been a long time. Last movie I saw in the theater was Despicable Me and before that Shrek Forever After.

Posted by: Curator ()
Date: July 30, 2010 12:31AM

I dont even remember...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?
Can the child within my heart rise above?
Can I sail through the changing ocean tides?
Can I handle the seasons of my life?

Date: August 01, 2010 09:34PM

Curator, I was curious to read your response and it isn't here! LOL! Oh, I don't go to the movies much anymore. But I am looking forward to "Eat, Pray, Love!" I really loved that book...I tried to read it several times before actually being able to sustain interest. It struck me as too glib but when it hooked me, it didn't let go...I just hope the movie's as good as the book!

Date: August 02, 2010 02:37AM

They never are. I'm afraid to see that one because the book was just so excellent.

Date: August 02, 2010 09:10AM

well banana who, the last one I remember seeing was the five people you meet in heaven, I enjoyed it allot, but since my DVD player died I haven't really watched many movies since then... I enjoy any film that engages my mind, and especially if it engages my heart.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Date: August 03, 2010 06:06PM

Coco: I like that you said 'afraid.' I totally know what you mean by that. I was turned off when I started reading that book. I was at Border's and several times picked it up, read the first two pages or so, and couldn't vibe with the author. I don't know--the feeling was too glib and cutsely-wutsey for me--plus, the whole Oprah deal...I cannot stand that kind of hype. But now I get it.

Date: August 03, 2010 09:15PM

Was it hyped by Oprah? I don't have a TV so I'm totally out of the loop with that stuff. You know what though? She likes good books that lady...
Have you read The Life of Pi? I heard they were trying to make a movie of that (the peeps who were responsible for Amelie so not too shabby) but I don't know how they'd do it. Great story though, I really enjoyed it.

Date: August 03, 2010 11:29PM

You are right about Oprah's taste in literature. I was impressed when she had a trio of Faulkner books as her summer reading list. One of them was very obtuse, too ("As I Lay Dying"winking smiley. I don't have tv service myself! One year and three months it has been! Funny how I still manage to stay in the loop of stuff. Well, the computer allows that. I haven't read "The Life of Pi" but have heard of it. I am more likely to read non-ficton these days. But I want to get back into the fiction stuff.

Date: August 04, 2010 03:14AM

mmm, pie.

Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Date: August 04, 2010 12:33PM

Watched the 1967 version of "Far From the Madding Crowd" again the other day--[swoon]Alan Bates . . .

Date: August 04, 2010 09:13PM

Weird. I do NOT remember adding a winking smiley to my last post, nor the parenthesis. That is truly bizarre...

Posted by: Lightform ()
Date: August 04, 2010 10:31PM

Heh.. it is your alternate personality having a play smiling smiley
Nah, if you look at the smiley syntax it is ; and ) and you were typing "winking smiley which are very close together.

Posted by: Lightform ()
Date: August 04, 2010 10:31PM

oh... it looks like " and ) make a winking smiley as well so there is your answer.

Date: August 05, 2010 02:06AM

LOL! Yeah, probably...Mystery solved...(By the way, I find this forum's winking smiley to be seriously creepy...)

Date: August 05, 2010 10:02AM

winking smiley

Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Date: August 05, 2010 01:08PM

Yeah, I was wondering why "As I Lay Dying" would merit that emoticon! That banana who is an odd one, I thought smiling smiley

Date: August 12, 2010 04:52AM

OMG District 9 OMG

How am I ever going to get to sleep tonight?

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables