Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: tatoos and piercings......?
Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: September 03, 2010 06:20PM

i stare at people's tatoos
and i always ask them about it
especially if it looks wildly exquisite

most people are happy to tell me why they got it
and so then i get to know what their values are etc. or were

i would not get it for myself cuz i think the ink will get under the skin and not be good for me

but frankly, i don't care what anyone else does with their own skin
its their business

and if they are happy with it
i am happy for them
thanks coco for explaining the gauge

i had zero clue what it was before
i think the maori tatoos are interesting
i like the word filigree

eventhogh i don't know what it means
i have an inkling that it might mean to fill with gold

but i think i'm wrong
too lazy to look it up too

grinning smiley

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: banana who ()
Date: September 03, 2010 06:26PM

Nubster: It's kind of hard not to see what's in front of you, especially when it's so commonplace. I don't consider myself conservative because I don't like tats. I just don't get them. Same with blue hair and mohawks, which were big when I was in high school (well, the first round of them in the early '80s). You say you have a full sleeve and plan to get more--why? I ask so that I can understand better the appeal of them.

Date: September 03, 2010 06:52PM

i think its expression

one of many forms

and that is why people are here on earth

to express themselves

first we express our genes

then we express the product of our genes

there is nothing else left to do

and sometimes expression has its risks

and sometimes its worth it

and sometimes its not

but you live and learn

i remember reading about this woman who always wore a flower in her hair

a fresh flower

and the people at her work always snickered behind her back and made fun of her

expression

there are different ways to perceive it

also being in a relationship with someone (that some disapprove of)

may also be suspect

like a tatoo

you ask "why are you in a relationship with THAT person... "

the answer would ultimately be

expression

like... why does anyone bother to answer other people's post on a food site?

same thing

expression

too

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 03, 2010 07:22PM

I'm not reading that link man, I already know this shite isn't good for me physically. Even if I did like the way they look I couldn't get more knowing that they are so toxic and/or potentially disturbing to the natural energy flow of the body.

Tropical, I'm even more thankful now that my babies were born into my own hands at home. Nobody did anything to them at all, no rubbing or poking or proding or pulling or cutting or taking them away from me for even a second. Makes me squeamish just to think about the things they do to mamas and babies in the hospital. Even midwives these days. *shudder* At least my damage was all self-inflicted.

I don't know what the deal is with getting "addicted" to the feeling of being tattooed either. I hear it over and over again from people who are heavily inked, that they crave that feeling and so go for more and more "art". I personally thought it hurt like crazy.

Posted by: Curator ()
Date: September 04, 2010 12:48AM

hey coco, that sounds much less severe than the ones ive seen! I wouldnt consider ones that small disgusting, Ive seriously only seen the big gauges around here...its...disturbing... A comment one woman made one time when I asked her why she gauged her ears was "Hey, its two extra holes!" I am completely sure that's not the reasoning, joking or otherwise, behind why most people do it, but that was the most disturbing response I have ever received to that question,lol.

Edit: oh and that craving, they are probably masochists if they crave the feeling of getting needles jabbed into them repeatedly...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?
Can the child within my heart rise above?
Can I sail through the changing ocean tides?
Can I handle the seasons of my life?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/04/2010 12:50AM by Curator.

Posted by: Nubster ()
Date: September 04, 2010 01:16AM

banana who Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Nubster: It's kind of hard not to see what's in
> front of you, especially when it's so commonplace.
> I don't consider myself conservative because I
> don't like tats. I just don't get them. Same with
> blue hair and mohawks, which were big when I was
> in high school (well, the first round of them in
> the early '80s). You say you have a full sleeve
> and plan to get more--why? I ask so that I can
> understand better the appeal of them.

Yeah...it is a form of self expression and I just personally like the way a well done tattoo looks on a person. People paint their house different colors because they like the way it looks...curb appeal. Well...my body is my house and I like to decorate. My tattoos have no deep rooted meanings...just stuff that I like.

As far as being addicting...it really is. You get the first and before it is even healed your racking your brain trying to figure out what you are getting for the next one. I personally enjoy the feeling of getting a tattoo. It hurts...it hurts real good. I have had several piercings over the years as well as my ears stretched...I wear one piercing that is hidden from view now and my ears are back to normal for school since I am about to enter my program.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: September 04, 2010 02:54AM

It hurts...it hurts real good.

I like you, Nubster, but that is unsettling smiling smiley

Date: September 04, 2010 04:22AM

grinning smiley

Date: September 04, 2010 12:15PM

funny grinning smiley

Date: September 05, 2010 02:44AM

Pardon me if this is too personal a question but have you *ahem* tatted your______ or gotten a piercing there? I have heard of women piercing their genetalia--I think it's a progressive thing and that is way too far IMO. And now they have inking the whites of the eyes? What will these wacky kids think up next?

Date: September 05, 2010 03:15AM

Ok well this will be extremely personal but I have MANY friends with genital piercings so have heard a wide variety of stories about them. Lots of them have nipple and tongue piercings as well. And... I dated a man with a piercing there, a HUGE knockin' one too. I mean the metal thing was gigantor. Does it make a difference? I can't say what it felt like for him but oh my yes, it makes a difference indeed. Just don't put it in your mouth, you're like to chip a tooth for sure.
lol
grinning smiley

Date: September 05, 2010 03:43AM

Coco, back several years ago tongue piercings were all the rage. Now that was one piercing that used to make me see red, especially since most piercees were female. First of all, no one can see it (but they made sure to open their mouths often and roll their tongues). Also, it was done to enhance oral sex performed on a man. That is what I reacted to. There have been many infections with this type of piercing for obvious reasons: the mouth is too dirty an environmnent. So these young women did this for some guy and risked their health as a result. The genital piercings are done for sexual enjoyment for oneself and/or the parter. I just think that area is uber sensitive and not worth the risk for sensation's sake but that's just my humble opinion...

Date: September 05, 2010 05:58AM

banana who Wrote:
> Pardon me if this is too personal a question but
> have you *ahem* tatted your______ or gotten a
> piercing there? I have heard of women piercing
> their genetalia--I think it's a progressive thing
> and that is way too far IMO. And now they have
> inking the whites of the eyes? What will these
> wacky kids think up next?

Pierced...not tattooed...that would just be crazy winking smiley

Date: September 05, 2010 06:00AM

coco Wrote:
> Ok well this will be extremely personal but I have
> MANY friends with genital piercings so have heard
> a wide variety of stories about them. Lots of them
> have nipple and tongue piercings as well. And... I
> dated a man with a piercing there, a HUGE knockin'
> one too. I mean the metal thing was gigantor. Does
> it make a difference? I can't say what it felt
> like for him but oh my yes, it makes a difference
> indeed. Just don't put it in your mouth, you're
> like to chip a tooth for sure.
> lol
> grinning smiley

Not as much difference for me as I would have liked but I also have not had any complaints from anyone else in regards to it. My ring down there is rather large as well...offers better comfort for the wearer...I think mine is a 6g 1.5" captive bead.

Date: September 06, 2010 03:48AM

I had my tongue done when I was in my 20's. What a stupid move. A few years later a girl in TO ended up in surgery from an infection that travelled into her brain, there was a huge article in the paper about how easily that can happen from tongue piercing. I won't even tell you where else I've poked holes into myself, and I do mean me myself. The tongue was the only one that I went to a piercing shop for, girlfriends and ice were involved in all the rest. I kinda sorta don't mind pain either winking smiley. But not tattooing pain or piercing pain, I didn't actually like that at all and I can take a pretty high level of it too. Needles poking my skin really sucked. Also, I never had a report of it making oral sex any better. Maybe if I'd had 6 or something but one tiny little metal ball was hardly an issue. It can really mess up your teeth though, I had it out within a year.

Nubster man, you're a freaky dude. I don't know what the gauge measurement means anymore but his ring was about 1.5" in diameter w 2 balls on it, both about 1/2", maybe a bit more. It's hard to say how much better it was with it though, it was just as great without only different if ykwim. It's not something I'd complain about if I encountered it again but I don't know how neccessary it is and I'm not sure it's always safe either. A drag to have to take it out for, um, other activities too. Slippery little thing... grinning smiley Seems like a big risk for possibly only slight return. My girlfriends with cootchie and nipple stabbings don't report a huge increase in sensation either I'm afraid. A bit here and there or as I said a bit different but neither better nor worse. I think a lot of the appeal is cosmetic or psychological but that may be just what people are after.

You know, whatever. If people want to do it to themselves I don't care. I think it's becoming quite the cultural phenomenon and it will be interesting to see a bunch of grannies and grandpas with faded old ink and droopy earlobes when we all get a little older. I hope my kids will keep themselves natural but I don't care what everybody else is doing even if I don't like the way it looks. I don't like the way tons of other styles look either. Mom jeans are an assault on the eye but oh well, you just gotta deal with it, right? grinning smiley

Posted by: cyclopsicle ()
Date: September 07, 2010 04:52PM

I appreciate tattoos but probably won't ever get one myself although I do love piercings. I have 2 per lobe but I rarely wear jewlery in them, I also have my nostrils pierced on each side. I wear a ring in one and a stud in the other. I've also had pink hair twice. Something about ink in skin doesn't do it for ME, but I loooove body modification and I am cool with all of it. I plan on getting my nipples pierced. I love male genital piercings and considered getting female genital piercings myself. I was 11 when this whole interest started. bmezine.com has a lot of useful information.

Date: September 07, 2010 06:01PM

Hey Coco, I wanna rock some Mom jeans. And???? I only draw a line at acid wash jeans...yucko!

Posted by: veghunter ()
Date: September 07, 2010 06:24PM

I love mom jeans! I wish they would make a come back. I'd much rather see high-waisted jeans than muffin tops, cellulite, butt cracks, underwear, and all the other 'goodies' that come tumblin' out of the low-waisted jeans. Viva la mom jean!

Date: September 07, 2010 06:52PM

I do hope you are all joking about mom jeans(with the tapered legs, no doubt). How about just jeans that fit at the natural waist, huh?

Posted by: juicerkatz ()
Date: September 07, 2010 07:18PM

"Mom jeans"

lol, I must really be out of it, as I had to google...although I did have an idea... grinning smiley

I don't mind the mom jeans look that much...I remember when that was very popular, I think I can speak for many guys when I say that "heart shaped hiney" walks by...lol

Some may look better in them than others...

Date: September 07, 2010 09:35PM

The others might be joking, but I'm not. I love mom jeans!

Tapered legs suit my body shape much better than boot and straight cuts. And, the natural waist is where mom jeans used to sit. The high-waist trouser legs are a different animal. I don't like the high-waist style, but at least, like the mom jean, the bottom of my shirt has a chance of meeting the top of my jeans.

Date: September 07, 2010 09:49PM

veghunter,

Mom jeans that sat at the natural waist were perhaps before my time. The only ones I am familiar with are those with the waistband that kisses(or gnaws at) the lowest rib smiling smiley

Tapered legs suit no one--they make any woman look like a spinning top. Do not contradict me!

What was the point of this thread again? . . .

Date: September 07, 2010 10:01PM

Well, I'm not getting a mom jean tattoo!

Date: September 07, 2010 11:09PM

LOL LOL LOL !!!!!

Date: September 09, 2010 05:04PM

I saw a woman who looked pretty "mature" with a back tat and was absolutely blown away by it. I had the feeling that she had gotten it fairly recently and she looked to be pushing 60 (maybe even older). I realize that it's not ancient or anything, but she had white hair and even looked older than that but I think she just aged badly. And I just wondered what possessed her to get a tat. No judgment, just morbid curiosity.

Posted by: Krefcenz ()
Date: September 10, 2010 05:59PM

No tatoos for me. I'm ticklish! winking smiley

Date: September 10, 2010 11:19PM

banana who says:

<<I saw a woman who looked pretty "mature" with a back tat and was absolutely blown away by it.>>

she was probably blown away by it too
which is why she got it grinning smiley
so sim pull istic ally simple

Posted by: Trive ()
Date: September 15, 2010 01:57AM

This made me laugh:

[rogstad.vox.com]

My favorite raw vegan

Posted by: Curator ()
Date: September 15, 2010 08:23AM

Dear God trive,lol...wow... and is it strange that I agree with about 90% of the comments on that blog? even the ones that directly contradict eachother?lol.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?
Can the child within my heart rise above?
Can I sail through the changing ocean tides?
Can I handle the seasons of my life?

Date: September 15, 2010 01:19PM

Trive and Curator,

This is what I thought reading the comments: Why do youth feel so insecure and undistinguishable from one another that they must alter their physical forms to this degree to feel OK in their own skin? Who taught them they weren't OK in the first place? Or is it just a prolonged Freudian anal stage--I'm gonna do this 'cos I can!? I don't find it ugly or pretty, just extremely aberrant and perplexing. I have often said, "I wear my tattoos on the inside" and I think nothing more clearly illustrates what I mean than those photos, by opposites.

Pages: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables