Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: tatoos and piercings......?
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 15, 2010 01:58PM

"The right to be an individual is a privilege, and those who take it to such extremes show a huge lack self esteem."

"Those who choose to reject society should be able to accept the fact that society will reject them as well. I'd hate to be a clone of society myself, but there is a point in which making a statement goes too far. Choices like this are irreversible, you cannot turn back, and far too often they are taken way too lightly. "

"Theres a difference between disrespecting someone and observing that something they have done was a horrible mistake. Self deformity is a horrible mistake. Do we still respect these kids? Yes. Do we still care about them? Yes. But to do such horrendous damage to ones body is not individualism, its not cool or interesting, its just a nightmare. Can anyone doubt that they will all regret this terribly in a few years? Of course not. Pain, plastic surgery and regret is all they can look forward to. If we want to be creative individuals... then write, paint, make music, sculpture, poetry, theatre, any of a million wonderful things. But not this, this self destroying, there is no self respect in this. "

So many great quotes.

I will never complain about my children again. And I'll be showing this horror show to my oldest when he gets home too, you betcha.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Curator ()
Date: September 15, 2010 04:31PM

I believe I generally agree with your statement coco, hence why I felt I agreed with most of the comments on that blog (not the hateful ones though.)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?
Can the child within my heart rise above?
Can I sail through the changing ocean tides?
Can I handle the seasons of my life?

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: September 15, 2010 06:07PM

Weird thing is that yesterday I was in this "cewl" punk bakery that makes vegan stuff and the people that work there tend to be covered in tats with all the requisite piercings of the month in place and I am soooo uncewl cuz I have no tats, no piercings other than the set in my ear (I know, I know, toootallly lame). I treated her like a regular person but the vibe I got from her wasn't very accepting or friendly, even though I was her customer. And the other customer looked to have tats like her and even perhaps a gauge and they were chattering away before and after I was in the shop. So this is an example of a "poser," IMO. Someone who does stuff to be cewler than thou and then looks down at all the hopeless vanilla folks who haven't the hiptitude to decorate their bodies and wear outrageous garb.

Posted by: meganbubbs ()
Date: September 20, 2010 05:35PM

I don't really think what other adults do to thier bodies is really any of my business,(what they put into it or outside of it) and I think it says something about a person wh gets so upset over someone elses choices. There was a man arrested not to long ago for giving his small child a tatoo, I most definately think that is unacceptable, but consenting adults make their own choices.

I have one tattoo on the inside of my left arm. I don't regret it, I sometimes forget it is even there, until someone says something about it. No peircings, I 'm not a big fan of any type of jewelry.

I think they both can be beautiful and ugly, but usually thats a reflection of the person who has them.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 20, 2010 11:40PM

It's a big harder to have that perspective when you have kids of your own though. I think I'll always feel responsible for them to some degree (my mom still tells me what to do nearly every day. Not that I listen but you know...). It will be very difficult t stand by and watch my kids make mistakes that may have lifelong impact. I'll try to always be supportive but this is a permanent choice this body modification and sometimes one with enormous reprocussions.

Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: September 23, 2010 10:37AM

I used to have my eyebrow pierced and when going through my more rebellious teen era i got my lip pierced whilst at a festival. Worst idea ever lol.

Tattoos can look great i think but id end up getting one then hating it i reckon.

Pages: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables