Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Terminator Cannibis
Posted by: riverhousebill ()
Date: December 14, 2010 06:34PM

Published: 15 days ago

Category: The Barbarian Rebellion

Description:

Never one to miss a good opportunity to profiteer and depopulate at the same time, Monsanto is now behind the push to legalize the Mary Jane- more specifically their own patented GMO seeds, of course. The New and Improved pot will contain many times more nicotine and far less THC than regular ganja. Once again, leave it to Big Biotech to turn a beneficial medicinal plant into one that will contribute to the destruction of people’s health and wellbeing
Terminator Cannabis what next?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/14/2010 06:35PM by riverhousebill.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Terminator Cannibis
Posted by: RocketShip ()
Date: December 14, 2010 06:55PM

Hmmm.

Hmmmm.

Not sure they would be able to enforce seed control on MJ if it became legal. Perhaps for medical marijuana but otherwise... I just don't see it happening.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/14/2010 06:57PM by RocketShip.

Posted by: veghunter ()
Date: December 14, 2010 07:05PM

Why would seed control of marijuana be different from corn or other crops?

Posted by: Curator ()
Date: December 14, 2010 08:35PM

Cause a whole lot more people grow marijuana than corn...lol... and they guard their favorite strains fiercely.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?
Can the child within my heart rise above?
Can I sail through the changing ocean tides?
Can I handle the seasons of my life?

Date: December 14, 2010 09:04PM

Exactly! Many grow their own hybrids and are quite proud and protective of it.

I just do not see a 'culture' that has been thriving illegally suddenly giving up control. Or drug lords suddenly letting the government control their operations.

Date: December 14, 2010 09:13PM

if its fully legalized there wont really be any controls other than no selling to kids... the price was expected to go down to between $30-$80 an ounce, which would make it just really not worth it for the criminal enterprises, theyd make more money in normal jobs at that point...lol

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Date: December 14, 2010 09:19PM

Curator Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> which would make it just really not
> worth it for the criminal enterprises, theyd make
> more money in normal jobs at that point...lol

Don't overlook the possibility of government subsidies for MJ farmers. smiling smiley

Date: December 14, 2010 09:22PM

dear god, I hope not:/ Im all for legalization, mostly because of the massive reduction in violent crimes, but I really hope it doesnt come down to pot farmer subsidies...

Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 14, 2010 10:53PM

Holland is having a heart attack right now I'm sure. Once that crap gets out into the environment it starts showing up all over the place. I'll alert my heritage seed collecting friends winking smiley

Why make it more like tobacco? Because that stuff IS addictive. If they're going to bother w it of course they'd like to make it worth their while. Get 'em hooked, make 'em sick, sell 'em all your other drugs. No big mystery there.

Date: December 14, 2010 10:59PM

Id like to think that most pot heads aren't stupid enough to buy that crap and get hooked, at least all the ones I know aren't... I hope they are indicative of most.

Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Date: December 15, 2010 04:15AM

most of the smokers i know already mix it with tobacco. this just eliminates a step, how convenient.

Date: December 15, 2010 04:17AM

I know people who do that, I cant remember what they call it, but the ones I know only do it occasionally.

Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Date: December 15, 2010 07:59PM

Cannabis prohibition has served to redirect human evolution from that of a decentralized agrarian lifestyle and natural economy, to a centralized petro-chemical military dictatorship controlled through the artificial economic will of private banks and other trans-national corporate interests. The next stage in continuing this control is in the regulation, licensing and taxation of Cannabis cultivation and use through the only practical means available to the corporate system, which is through genetic engineering and patenting of the Cannabis genome. Proposition 19: The Regulate, Control and Tax Cannabis Act of 2010 lays the foundation, writes RJM.

Go to Coto report prop 19 and monsanto and you will see whats really going down! check it out please.

Posted by: cyclopsicle ()
Date: December 15, 2010 08:15PM

It's called "spliffing" or a spliff, which is a tobacco-marijuana mix, usually rolled into a joint. People who smoke blunts, which is marijuana in tobacco paper, are smoking tobacco also. Pipes are good for only marijuana, and vaporizers are the best because they do not burn the plant, only heat it enough to produce vapors.

Anyway, biotechnology sucks. It has done some great things, but it's been totally misused as an avenue of profit and as a scientist in training, it makes me sad, ESPECIALLY when it comes to biotech and food. NO NO NO NO NO!!!!! This is partly why I am going to become a nutritional biochemist.

Date: December 15, 2010 09:05PM

Curator Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Id like to think that most pot heads aren't stupid
> enough to buy that crap and get hooked, at least
> all the ones I know aren't... I hope they are
> indicative of most.

The five hundred plus legal pot dispenserys in Ca. buy and sell only indoor grown pot
most is toxic read below. Pot heads are not any smarter than the rest of the heard. the clubs selling this toxic crap have shown
this is not a concern to the consumer. I have lived in the Emerald Triangle for over three decades and know most in door fuel grows use deadly crap on their crops for pest and mildew control, very few organic
indoor grows on the north coast!

Toxicity

If indoor plants are grown in soil there will almost certainly be an aphid/mite problem. Chemicals will probably be used that may include systemics like Abamectin that are nuero toxins, pyrethroid (the synthetic version of natural pyrethrum), and Carbaryl under various brand names and concoctions. These synthetic insecticides have been linked to harmful health effects in humans, but perhaps more importantly threaten the food chain itself because they are extremely toxic to bees and aquatic life, both of which are key to the food chain and our existence on earth.

If the plants are grown using hydroponics (including rock wool and coir), it is important to note that most fertilizer solutions used in hydroponics are urea based. Urea is derived from petroleum and natural gas. Read the label, if you see the word, or a derivative of it, ask yourself, can this be used to grow organic bud?

Healthy plants resist pests and disease. While pests are present in an outdoors garden, natural predators are abundant and Integrated Pest Management (IPM) techniques very effective. Healthy soil has the full package of nutrients and trace minerals required for healthy plant growth. Exotic hydro solutions that are urea based anyway go to great lengths attempting to provide thousands of minerals and nutrients that occur naturally in healthy soil.
Are We Safe Yet?
lapaz rhb

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/15/2010 09:10PM by riverhousebill.

Date: December 15, 2010 10:17PM

A good culitivator will "wash" the plants out at the end of the grow cycle by bathing them in only pure water so no chemical traces linger (imagine what burning those chemicals does to lungs). Still, it's a weed, it doesn't need a lot of help doing what it does. Just let her go, she knows how to grow.

fyi I don't grow or smoke but I have dated a few gardeners in my time. You just pick stuff up...

Posted by: jono ()
Date: December 16, 2010 12:37AM

coco, i think it also called flushing smiling smiley

seem kinda strange tho, i wonder if outdoor organic soil growers can juz use all natural nothing fancy, maybe some super microbial tea, and do they still flush for a cleaner smoother smoke?

Date: December 16, 2010 02:14AM

@bill, organic is easily available, Im much younger than you only 26, but I have also lived in the emerald triangle for my entire life, (minus the last month or so, and 3 months in TN) and organic is available, but allot more expensive because you can lose allot of plants to pests... Also, as Coco said, they flush the plants, usually for at least a couple weeks, it makes it a smoother smoke, gets rid of the chemicals, (or at least most of them) and actually helps raise thc levels a bit, I know this because not only have I been friend with ALLOT of pot heads and growers, I have grown myself to help make ends meet be4...

That being said, I dont think under any circumstances that smoking pot is "healthy" for you, but its safer than any other option (other than NOT smoking ANYTHING of course.) oh, And Ive also grown salvia, interesting stuff...one of the very few drugs I have tried, dont think id do it again, but was interesting.

Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Posted by: jono ()
Date: December 16, 2010 05:38AM

these people seem to be about organic and sustainability, yay! too bad i'm not in their delivery zone, maybe they'll make an exception if i put a big order in:

[www.teahousecollective.org]

i've also seen veganic herb, so there is smoke for every kinda bloke...

about healthiness, i dunno, a little smoke in my eye and my eye may scream and say hey there is smoke in my eye, stop the smokey eye, no more smoke in the eye, ah ahhh...

but a little smoke in my lungs and my lungs say: ok a little but take it easy not too much. well maybe it depend on the smoke... tobacco seem kinda rough make me feel nauseous literally with just a puff or few... cannabis seems different my lungs and body and mind everything says ok just in balance. everything in balance. even extremes in balance. extreme balance. and with eating and vaping, well i dunno much about all that. we got options.

when i exercise, running, biking, hiking, walking, im prolly tearing up muscle fibers and stuff, maybe doing "damage" to my body, and then i rest and repair, and my body heals and is strong again.

maybe with a little smokey smoke, a little tokey toke, maybe my body say ok in balance we can transmute and make manifest experience of suchness, and then take a break from da herb for a few days or weeks, maybe even months, and the body heals and everything great.

i never done salvia, but i find the herb intriguing... it seems to produce a wide variety of results for different people... some people bounce around in youtube clips like they are totally lost and in a different world. i've read one account of a dude saying he heard from the "salvia alien" that was talking to him while he tripped in a mix of stuff that included salvia... maybe aliens and spirits and such like to say hi to us when we explore brain-chemistry-perturbing herbs. well a shroom is a shroom, i guess a shroom is also an herb in a broad sense of the word herb.

see for me, i've no doubt that spirits and aliens might be communicating with humans telepathically, and via plants and in many ways... i also wonder if, like a novelist, i could just have conversations with anybody and anything, and i can call it god or jesus or an ascended master or an alien from around the galactic neighborhood or a talking cat, and maybe all those entities are entirely dreamed up and in the mind and not part of the brick and mortar reality, maybe not even the shared smoke and mirror reality... what is a shared reality... every photon that enters my eyes, enters my eyes only.... but the photon is a wave before it is observed by me? so maybe we are all riding one big wave, and maybe there is but one photon traveling throughout all existence at the speed of now.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/16/2010 05:44AM by jono.

Date: December 16, 2010 06:26AM

hmmm, are you enjoying a little herb right now jono? lolsmiling smiley j/k

Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Posted by: cyclopsicle ()
Date: December 16, 2010 04:41PM

I hate salvia. It's a very interesting plant, but it has no recreational value to me. I'm glad I've gotten to experience it... multiple times, but I think because it's legal and treated as an alternative to weed, a lot of people who are 18 go out and try it and realize it can be a terrible experience. I don't think it should be illegal, but I wish that people knew more about all of the possible effects. It is nothing, NOTHING like marijuana. Isn't it interesting though? Those chemicals from the salvia plant are saying, "HEY ANIMALS: DON'T EAT ME! DON'T SMOKE ME!"

Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: December 16, 2010 05:31PM

This is the problem cyclopsicle, many who sell salvia have no clue that it isnt a marijuana replacement, its a very powerful psychedelic.

I have tried it in the past right up to 50X strength and i must say it is horrible lol. Nothing recreational or therapeutic about it.

Date: December 16, 2010 06:38PM

I knew it was nothing like marijuana,lol... And I found it rather interesting, it created some strange and interesting sensations and perceptions for me, but I did not smoke the really strong stuff, I smoked what I grew, not anything laced with a bunch of extra concentrate (thats what the 20x, 50x, 100x numbers mean, that they have been laced with a concentration of salvia equal to smoking that much more of the plant, so 1 gram of 50x is the equivalent of smoking 50 grams.) Its not something id do again, but id have to say it was far from horrible for me, it was interesting, and at least for me, far better than marijuana, Everytime Ive tried Marijuana I become trapped in my head, i hate that feeling... salvia felt more...open.

Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Date: December 16, 2010 10:53PM

Curator, yes organic is so available but I also know for fact outdoor organic is not selling to clubs This you can check up on, email Pebbles Trippet
Patient/Collective Member, Mendocino County'Medical Marijuana Patients Union' representitive and
ask what the union knows on this. clubs wont buy in Ca. if you say you have organic out door grown pot for sale! THEY WONT BUY! They want what I call Safe Way pot, All uniform
cosmetic correct looks good smells good but when it gets to the taste buds somthing is missing,ahh franken foods and now franken pot
and right now out door pounds are selling for as little as 500 a pound, clubs are buying indoor grown safe way pot paying up 3400 now! ask the union whats up.
Also our organic grown pot is becoming toxic because people are breeding only for the higher Delt THC levels, by doing this the canibinoids are being breed out of the strains, The canibinoids are the healthful properties U.S.Reseachers
only look at the thc. Guy pharacutical Of the UK has done real research on this plant, by breeding focus just on the Delta THC here and around the world
we are doing what the DEA, Monsanto, US Drug Policy org want us to do, destroy
the good natural properties, then they will pick up from there. The main seed sales people in Amsterdam are working with the DEA on this. Go to the coto report prop 19 and monsanto and read who the seed sales players are and who has the permits in Amsterdam for research and you will be surprised
If you will visit, email any club in Ca You will find 99% indoor chem weed!

By reading this coto report prop 19 and Monsanto You will be well informed
on how freaken far things have really gone

Date: December 16, 2010 11:18PM

this will all change if legalized and anyone can grow though bill, as prop 19 would have allowed, as it wouldnt matter then what they are willing to buy, as anyone can grow their favorite variety for far cheaper than they can buy it... the current regulation of medicinal pot is what is leading them to only want to buy the strongest varieties, and good outdoor is NOT going for $500 a pound, its going for $2400 a pound wholesale to the clubs, I have multiple friends growing and selling to them as we speak, and my numbers are up to date as of right be4 writing this...

Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Date: December 17, 2010 12:32AM

Curator, The the director of Ca NORML also knows the score here in the Emerald Triangle and backs what I say to be fact read what Dale Gieringer the director of Ca NORML says, mabey let him know you have dffrent info Legal Issues Of Growing Cannabis For Medical Dispensaries And ...

cannabis, ... first of all, dispensaries tend to not buy outdoor grown weed. they do in some but a ... outdoor grown weed. if you grow outdoors, tell them its indoors. i know ...
www.marijuana.com/legal-issues/127840-legal-issues-grow... www.marijuana.com/legal-issues/127840-legal-issues-growing-cannabis-medical-dispensaries-patients-help.html

Great Indoors

Local growers such as Chan champion indoor cultivation, which they claim allows for more consistent results.

With names like Blueberry Kush or Thai Skunk, today’s indoor strains promise exotic flavors and specific highs.

It’s a long way from the pot that was smoked in college dorms just a few decades ago. Today’s strains have many times the level of THC, the active ingredient that produces the high and is said to have medical uses, such as relieving nausea from chemotherapy.

In fact, the demand for marijuana grown indoors has contributed to a drop in prices for some of the pot grown in the Emerald Triangle, much of which is grown outdoors.

“There’s a feeling that the quality of indoor pot is better, and certainly they come up with more reproducible and reliable strains which seem to have more of a brand cache to it,” said Dale Gieringer, California director of the National Organization for the Reform of Marijuana Laws (NORML), a group that advocates marijuana legalization.

“A lot of the outdoor growers from Northern California are talking about how difficult it is to unload pot in the medical market. They’re selling less of the total pot sold in Los Angeles,” Gieringer said.

Nobody knows how many collectives are growing their own marijuana locally rather than obtaining it from up north or off the streets. Estimates by the collectives themselves range from as high as 95 percent being home-grown to less than half. But most agree that the trend is pointing toward more local growers.

Michael Backes, a board member of the Cornerstone Research Collective, said the Eagle Rock collective has about 20 patient growers for more than 1,000 registered members, although only about 300 are active members.

“When we first opened up we had people roll in with big bags from Northern California trying to sell us meds, and honestly we would get four to five calls a week from people,” he said. “We get maybe one or two a month, tops, now.”

Cornerstone’s operators plan to move its offices elsewhere in the next year, and to begin growing on-site at that point.

Murky Law?

Dale Gieringer backs what I say and most folks I know here for 37 years know the same that outdoor will not sell unless you say its indoor then you might make a sale mabey if it all looks the same.
Is Dale also miss informed
I have no reason to distort reality here, And I feel most informed being a Mendocino Medical Marijuana Union member activist since 96
Also I was the first case dumped by the court after the Mower case in Ca Surpeme Court after a 2 and a have year fight, longest case out in Mendo history and we kicked butt and made history in the county MENDO vs Honzick and Matthews
Curator you have info I dont hear? and see at all in my life here let Dale know mabey what you know CA.NORML likes to be up to date.

Date: December 17, 2010 12:46AM

Im just telling you what my personal friends who are actually growing and selling are doing right now, I dont really care what some guy who isnt even directly involved in the process is saying, these are the people who are currently making their living at it, and i take their word over his, ANY DAY, you can believe me or not, I honestly do not care, My friends are getting $2,400 for a pound of outdoor humboldt to CLUBS not dispenseries, there is a difference (and thai skunk is grown outdoors by 1 friend I know, the buds are looser, but he says they smoke better.) And I know its stronger now than its ever been be4, I never said otherwise:/ and according to two of my friends indoor grown medical grade pot is going for $5 a gram from the local dispensaries (which are more expensive than clubs) in sacramento right now, and outdoor is going for around $10 a gram for medical grade, I dont know about LA or SF though, thats around $2296 a pound final retail price for indoor in sacramento, and $4,592 a pound final retail price for outdoor medical grade, I say outdoor medical grade, because MOST outdoor isnt medical grade, most is crap.

These are the numbers on the street from people in Eureka/Arcata, And sacramento, I know nothing about anywhere else in the state, but thats what is happening there right now, I have called over a dozen people I know that are involved in it just today to doublecheck my numbers, I will take the word of those whose everyday life is defined by these facts over the director of NRML.

You can ignore the information from the people who are actually living it if youd like, but if your going to ignore them, at least stop pretending to know everything about them.

Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Date: December 17, 2010 06:14PM

Curator you say I pretend to know everything about them? I say you are rude!
Dale Gieringer some guy you dont care what he is saying?
He has been on the forefront before you were born kid. mabey you should read
what Dale has been up to and who he meets with in Ca

Curator my resume- Mendocino Green House in Canabible by Jason King thats me pretending in that book thats the first canabible by King and you will see how little I know.

The Cannabis Post HomeAboutContactContributorsThe Emerald Triangle Pt. One -Outdoor vs. Indoor Smackdown
Posted

The Emerald Triangle
Pt. One -Outdoor vs. Indoor Smackdown
Posted by kantrite on June 26, 2010 · 12 Comments

The area of Northern California where most of the OUTDOOR Pot is grown in California is called the Emerald Triangle. The word was coined by law enforcement officials when they swooped down for a big Marijuana bust trying to shut down operations years ago.

For many years, this is where America got its Pot before someone found out that you didn’t need the sun, or dirt, or anything else natural to grow pot and make money. Yes, starting with Ukiah, and going north to the end of the state, this is where the domestic dope trade began in earnest. If you ever smoke WEED without seeds in the late Seventies, then the Eighties, up to the mid or late Nineties, your WEED probably came from some remote spot in mountainous Northern California territory. Without the Emerald Triangle growers, we wouldn’t be where we are today.

Wouldn’t it be weird if the person who drove us to the dance might not be asked to come in?

The Emerald Triangle is all abuzz these days with issues, ideas, and like Godfather III, just when they get their @#$%& together, the business pulls them back in.

Right now the biggest issue is Indoor Pot versus Outdoor Pot.

A small primer:

When you grow outdoors, your crop is left up to nature. You can add some beautiful chicken @#$%& and other natural supplements, grow your plants in rich, fecund soil, but it is left up the Weather Gods. An early frost or weeks of rain will literally wash some crystals or resin off. There are thefts. A lot of stuff can go wrong growing outdoors.

The benefits; the best Pot, hands down, grown outdoors, is cultivated in Emerald Triangle. Yes, there are places like Olympia with its hidden forests, a small swatch along the Hudson River, a rich river bed in San Antonio, where good
Pot is being developed. You can grow Pot anywhere, IT’S A WEED. But to grow the best, year in and year out, there is no other place like the Triangle on Earth, for now.

Plus, most of the all Weed grown in the Triangle is organic. I can’t stress that enough. That means, the WEED you smoke, only contains natural chemicals; nothing artificial has been added that is supposed to replace dirt and sun.

The WEED you get from the Triangle is mostly organic and here’s the second part that is just as important as the first, the WEED you got from the Triangle, hasn’t decimated the Earth.

Much like your smart Iowa farmer, your Triangle grower respects the Earth (why not, it’s usually on their land or close to it) and they grow their WEED in balance with the land.

What is happening now is the Mexican Mafia is setting up guerilla growers deep into the forests of the Triangle with seeds, tortillas, beans and rice, machine guns and a big old mother fucka of a diesel generator. What is happening is diesel fuel is leeching into the water systems of Northern California from this land abuse. There is violence in the woods. Because of the amount of money in play now with growing, there will be others following the Mexican Mafia’s business plan. Local law-abiding Hispanics, who have lived in the area for generations, are given the stink eye by the town folk. An air of suspicion follows anyone the growers are unsure of.

But back to Indoor versus Outdoor.

Here’s the real deal with Indoor-It is better than outdoor. There I said it.

I identify with the outdoor growers but I understand the whole indoor thang.

Yes, you can control EVERYTHING with bridled growing. The weather, the amount of water the plants get. The Ph balance and having the perfect amount of nitrogen and other bloomin’ chemicals that will make your crop shine and stand-up like the Radio City Rockettes at Christmas time. You can get really fancy growing indoors.

Now when everyone is clamoring for purple bud, the indoor grower can introduce CO2 into the system, which depletes oxygen in the environment, which causes the plants to gasp for air, thus stressing them out, giving the outer leaves a purple hue. That’s marketing, and it doesn’t stop there. (Please realize that the dispensaries are the game changer. The need for WEED has never been greater because of the dispensaries having almost a 12/7 market weekly.) The buyers in Dispensaries also want anything that has Kush in the title. (There is no such thing as Kush, another day about that.)

So the indoor grower can recreate any environment needed to grow a certain strain. Think about where you live. What kind of tomato grows best there? The same with WEED, only growing indoors, you don’t have any limitations.

Indoor growing does market research. Indoor growing is responsive to the market and laws of supply and demand. You can place orders with the indoor growers.

It is like the Triangle growers are driving a Chevy truck with a couple of hundred thousand miles on it. It is dependable and on most days, can drive itself to the patch because of the countless hours of sweat equity that the grower has put into honing his or her’s craft. But the indoor grower is like a high performance machine. And right now, the indoor grower is beating the brown dirt farmer by laps.

It is my belief that the Marijuana Industry is being define and refined by the large amount of dollars involved. There is a slow rush to establish yourself before the music stops.

More to my point; your average Northern Californian grower made roughly around $3500 for a pound of grade ‘A’ WEED. Now they’re getting around $2,000-2,400, depending. Yet, your indoor grower can get up to almost $3,000-5,000 for their boutique brands and carefully marketed orders.

Okay, I don’t know if you appreciate this aspect but the other complaint about indoor growing-It’s bad for the environment. Really bad.

Beyond growing WEED, the average outdoor grower is a small town consumer, but in a very Nor Cal way. Most everyone I hang with is totally organic in their lifestyle. They drink milk from Ball jars that the dairy-people down the mountain traded with them for some Weed or money. All the breads and grains are nature’s own, very little store bought items. The meat eaters get their organic chickens and grass fed steaks from another family, mostly all done through a barter system.

They walk the walk and talk the talk when it comes to organic, spiritual, in-harmony with Mother Earth lifestyle.

Your average Northern California grower is aware of their carbon footprint and their entropic value. They always try to leave nothing behind and always strive to be in balance with the land where they and their family will spend the rest of their days. It’s all about making real roots, not temporary stations.

Indoor growers steal power. They over-tax an already strained electrical grid. They use chemicals instead of the healing powers of the Sun. They take over warehouses growing hundreds of plants, then leave. The perception is that indoor growers are not in harmony with the Universe the way outdoor growers.

But it gets back to the money. With outdoor growing, you get one magnificent harvest per season. Indoor growers can have up to three to six in a season, not counting stagnated growth. That’s where one crop follows another, ad infinitum.

You might say one crop is grown under the watchful eyes of the Gods and another is under the watchful eyes of the bankers.

This sounds harsh but this is the changing markets that are happening right in front of our eyes. At least, right in front of the eye’s of the growers who for the past fifty years, have been bringing us our Dope, and now, is almost relegated to watching from the sidelines.

Marijuana is a billion dollar industry, in California. The pie is being cut and slices are being divided. There is enough pie for everyone but the lure of cash is turning some from compassion to the bright light of a bull market that is crashing the good china of the North while giving a wide berth to the indoor grower. (Not that the indoor grower is immune from thefts, power-outages, bugs, mites, and the Man.)

Don’t get me wrong, dispensaries are still buying from the outdoor growers, just not at their price and the appreciation isn’t there too. The days of bringing your crop to town and having it bought almost sight unseen are over. Working all year for the harvest and being sure you’ll make your money for your family and having a little something leftover is gone.

That’s why Northern California, the Emerald Triangle will have to change the way they did business.

Next up: The Change.

Share this:
StumbleUponDiggReddit

I point is really about whats happened to the seed strains being destroyed by stupid breeders going just for the delta THC content and breeding out the canibanoids, bring up icotene levels ect
I really dont care much about the market anymore after wacthing this movie up
here for37 years Ive seen all I want to see, More about greed today than anything else here, not for all but many.

I forgot more to my resume Go to CASH CROP the golden state gone green www.cashcropmovie.com Im the guy in that documentary who has advice for the feds and talks of pharmies in our drinking waters cash crop the documentary not the movie. Im not for legalizing, Im for relegalizing the herb.

Who knows? three sides to every story!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/17/2010 06:24PM by riverhousebill.

Date: December 17, 2010 08:04PM

All very impressive:/ But my friends, are on the ground personally involved in this now, not 30 years ago, im just telling you the prices THEY are getting AS WE SPEAK, and you are ignoring that FACT, as far as whats better, indoor or outdoor, get 10 pot heads in a room, tell them to discuss, and they will argue for hours about it... In many ways it comes down to the definition of what one means by "Better" and personal preference.

If you want to say some one is rude, re-read your comments bill, yours where the epitome of rude, you take the word of some one who is NOT CURRENTLY involved in the ground level of the industry, and completely ignore the people who are, THAT is rude, Just be glad I didn't post the opinions of you from the actual growers and medical users I've talked to since this conversation began, now THAT would have been rude.

You are posting opinions, Im telling you what is ACTUALLY HAPPENING, what they have sold their weed for, what others are now paying in sacramento, you can ignore than and continue posting opinion pieces by other people as much as you want, and continue bragging about how much pot you smoked decades ago, it wont make you right, My numbers, are straight from the growers and the buyers, yours are all from people who aren't even directly involved at this level of the industry.

No indoor grower is getting anywhere near 3-5k in sacramento or further north, I know nothing about the lower part of the state, but nor cal, I KNOW some of the biggest producers, and $10 a gram is the MAXIMUM any weed goes for retail up here, when selling by the pound to dispensaries or clubs it goes for far less, The fact that outdoor is so much more difficult to get really high quality weed out of, is WHY the top of the line out door sells for double that of the indoor, because its more expensive to grow, And it has a cult following... But in the end, its the Pepsi vs Coke debate with the users, its both cola, and whats better is determined by the personal tastes (and pocket books) of the individual, and right now, they are speaking... by paying double for out door...Dont believe me? fine, I dont care anymore, you are obviously an unreasonable individual if you are willing to take 3rd and 4th hand information over second hand, Go to sacramento, Go into a dispensary and buy some weed, stop telling me what other people are saying, and actually go see what its like for the average person on the street RIGHT NOW, not 30 years ago.

Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Date: December 17, 2010 08:32PM

I am by NO means a marijuana expert... don't smoke it, don't sell it, don't lobby for it... and I find this discussion very interesting. I do wonder what my friends that have been NW growers/distributors for over half a century would say about the Emerald Triangle being the be-all end-all of the pot market. I am sure they would have a good laugh over it. They developed one well know very popular strain not by stressing the environment but by good old fashioned hybridization. A true passion for growing. Artists, really.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/17/2010 08:33PM by RocketShip.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables