Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Happy Martin Luther King Day!
Posted by: KidRaw ()
Date: January 20, 2014 08:15PM

Speaking of MLK, this is from one of my favorite Libertarian websites (except they're for open borders) --

Martin Luther King, the White Rose, and the NSA

[fff.org]

"There has long been controversy over whether the national-security state was responsible for the assassination of Martin Luther King but one thing is indisputable: They did want him dead. They considered him one of gravest threats to national security in the history of the national security state.

But even if all that were true, a free society doesn’t turn on trust of public officials. A free society turns on a governmental structure and well-defined laws that make people certain that the government isn’t spying on them and acquiring secret information about them unless officials have secured a judicially issued warrant based on probable cause that the targeted person has, in fact, engaged in criminal wrongdoing. When people are being asked to “trust” the people in power with the personal information that is being collected on the citizenry, that is about as far from a free society as one could get.

It’s time for Americans to do some serious soul-searching by asking themselves some important questions:

1. What does it truly mean to live in a free country?

2. Can a country truly be considered free when its officials wield powers that are traditionally wielded by totalitarian dictators, including the power to spy on the citizenry and secretly collect information about their personal lives, not to mention the powers to incarcerate them indefinitely in military installations, to torture them, and even to assassinate them?

3. What would life be like without the Cold War-era national-security state apparatus — i.e., the military-industrial complex, the CIA, and the NSA — that was grafted onto our constitutional system and which has vested U.S. officials with totalitarian powers?

4. Would the American people be safer — and freer — without the national security branch of the government?

5. Given the fiascoes in Vietnam, Iraq, and Afghanistan and the massive infringements on civil liberties and privacy in the names of “national security,” the “war on communism,” and the “war on terrorism,” has the time come to restore a limited-government, constitutional republic to our land?

What better time to begin such soul-searching than on a day we recall people who have paid enormous prices for having the courage to challenge and oppose the wrongdoing of their own government, a day that we honor a man who was spied on and blackmailed by U.S. officials, on grounds of “national security,” and who nonetheless persisted in challenging the wrongdoing of his own government?"

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Happy Martin Luther King Day!
Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: January 20, 2014 11:17PM

good questions

quite honestly, it does not take a lot of "soul searching"
to come up with the answer to those questions

Date: January 21, 2014 03:30AM

‘I Have a Dream’ Speechwriter: Martin Luther King Jr. Would Oppose Amnesty for Illegal Aliens

[toprightnews.com]

"Clarence B. Jones, former personal counsel, advisor, close friend, and Dr. King’s speechwriter for the I Have a Dream speech, said that King would vehemently oppose the cause of amnesty for illegal aliens, and would be offended at the comparison of phony rights for lawbreakers to civil rights for oppressed citizen Blacks.

In his book, What Would Martin Say, Jones said:

What would Martin say to illegal aliens? He’d say, “If you’re in this country illegally, have you come here in order to protest what you consider an ‘unjust law?’ If you haven’t, then for whatever other reason you’re here, even if it’s to make money for your sick child, which is as good a reason as there is, then you’re just violating the immigration laws of this country and deserve no more consideration from the authorities than does a thief.

To politicians who pander cravenly to the illegal immigration lobby, Jones said Dr. King would say:

You were elected to do what’s right by your American constituents, whether or not they line your pockets with reelection donations. Please, before you make it easier for the unfortunate of other countries to come here, consider the cost of your actions on the less fortunate of the country whose Constitution you’ve sworn to uphold.”

Despite many “church” leaders now embracing amnesty, Jones said King would lambaste businessmen who put cheap illegal labor above what was moral"

Date: January 21, 2014 05:53AM

funny
if it were YOUR sick child and you had NOTHING and were an "illegal", you would do the same
jump over a barbed wire fence
cross whatever borders
break whatever law

you name it

its never personal unless it is

politics is a sport that the comfortable can afford to watch in their bleachers and comment upon while they eat their popcorn hot dogs and others

DIRECTLY in the arena
are getting their bones broken
skulls busted

and you complain about something that you never experience

you would do the SAME

admit it

it just depends on what side you are on

at the end of the day

its always

PERSONAL

Posted by: veganjuice ()
Date: January 21, 2014 11:46AM

la_v,

So what are you saying - we should simply throw the law book out the window when we feel it is justified?

I just don't understand what part of "illegal" folks don't "get". It's a fine line, I suppose...

Simply put, I wouldn't be an "illegal"; I prefer to do my business in accordance with the law, even though the lawmakers don't, lol.

Date: January 21, 2014 08:16PM

i already made my point

if you were so desperate to live and have your family survive
you would do the same
i would do the same
and everyone i know
would do the same
if the shoe were on the other foot

or else they are a
FOOL

Date: January 21, 2014 08:50PM

kidraw

oh and a bit of exaggeration?
implying that ALL "illegal" immigrants
go about causing chaos and mayhem to other people?
you wouldn't know that the majority try their best
to not make waves and be quiet and stay out of sight
and just work their a** off trying to provide for their kids
and do NOT panhandle ( cuz they risk deportation)

you wouldn't know any of these things
cuz you just watch them from afar
like observing insects in a jar

call me up the next time they steal your job as a toilet cleaner
and maybe i'll have some empathy to your "Whites are Victims too, you know"? perennial rant

Date: January 21, 2014 08:58PM

I did conclude with this statement:

"My beef in particular is with the illegal criminals and drug lords who perpetrate violence and rape, assault and kill innocents. Also, those who steal the identities of children and others and live off the system rather than working are a scourge on our society."

distinguishing between those who work and those who do not.

I feel sorry for the victims of Illegal Aliens rather than the criminals - the gangs, the drugs, the crime could be avoided by enforcing the law.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/21/2014 09:07PM by KidRaw.

Date: January 21, 2014 09:15PM

veganjuice

<<Simply put, I wouldn't be an "illegal"; I prefer to do my business in accordance with the law, even though the lawmakers don't, lol.>>

as if anybody WANTED to be an "illegal"

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables