Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4
read a book and went raw from a cooked meat diet in a day, Help!
Posted by: Rian1213 ()
Date: March 15, 2007 10:16AM

Hi guys, read a book last week and made so much sense I went raw straight away. Fasted for 3 days first then now on some fruit and veg. Dont even have a blender yet! I am feeling dreadful (cold, light head, shivers, runny nose...), but I am not worried. I need support though as all my people think I am crazy!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: read a book and went raw from a cooked meat diet in a day, Help!
Posted by: starfruit ()
Date: March 15, 2007 10:28AM

Yay. Welcome. That is so cool you just dove right in. The coldness is most likey detox. Esp. since you fasted before hand. Anyways congrats and we are def here to support you.

xoxo,
Starfruit

Posted by: taylor ()
Date: March 15, 2007 12:15PM

welcome rian1213...well-i went raw in jan.i never knew there was so much to this.good for u.keep on keeping on.the people on this site will guide u thru and help u alot.they helped me so much.they are great. i did not know the first thing about going raw.so good luck.and take care and welcome!!! hugs taylor

[img10.mytextgraphics.com]

Date: March 15, 2007 02:22PM

thank you guys! I was goin to go for my usual run, but I feel as if i had a temperature or something. i am not worried or anything, but I feel totally wacked!. good to know you guys are in there for me

Posted by: klandestine ()
Date: March 15, 2007 03:58PM

Way to go Rian!

What book did you read?

Posted by: sachelle ()
Date: March 15, 2007 06:43PM

Hi there... well welcome to the forum and congrats on going raw it is a big life journey and an amazing one at that....that is fantastic you just went straight at it...that is what i did as well 7 weeks ago yesterday!!! we are all here for you and don't think you are whacked as you put it haha...unless we are all a little kooky in which case i might agree...but this is a great support group and without it wouldn't be as easy or the same...so keep up the awesome work and keep us posted on how youare doing!!
love sachelle
xoxoxoxoxox
ps i read your other post the live food factor was a good book...at our raw food potluck here in san diego the author brought ina box of her books for the place we have it at to sell....it was interesting

Date: March 16, 2007 01:32PM

Help me guys, please! I'm in my 7th day. I am SOsososososo hungry!!! I feel very light headed. I now have very painful piles (anyone knows why?) and wonder whether I should take something for them or even if I should eat some rice or something. Please help!!!

Posted by: Mona ()
Date: March 16, 2007 02:02PM

Welcome Rian1213.

What are you eating? Are you fasting again? When I get sick, and I still do, I see it as my body's way of expelling the garbage I put in it. I had a terrible sore throat and fever this week but got well very quickly by fasting for 24 hours.

Light headedness is your body's way of telling you to rest. Sleep gives your body a chance to do it's job and heal.

Here's a link to an explination of piles. It tells about them, but not about immediate relief.

www.rawfoodexplained.com/gastrointestinal-diseases/digestive-system-disorders.html

Best wishes,

Mona

Date: March 19, 2007 08:10PM

Thank you Mona for the link. It seems very useful, although didnt seem to explain much of my problem. I am not at all constipated, and not particularly stressed either. Doesnt seem to be a clearly obvious detox symptom either.I dont really understand. I have relaxed a little. I was very tired yesterday and I had a biscuit. I am still wondering if it is worth going 100%raw or not.

Date: March 19, 2007 08:23PM

Hi there...what is piles??? i have never heard of such a thing.....and i am a nurse haha...so i am sooo confused...one person on the main forum said it is an old slang word for hemrhoids...is this what you mean??? and yes this is part of detox if that is it....you will get things you have had before resurface during detox of being 100% raw to clear it up and get it out of your body...what it is doing is resurfacing because your body is pulling up all those toxins that caused it in the first time and getting rid of them so you iwll experience a lot of things you have before so you can get rid of it....if you really believe in raw then it is worth it ....it is kinda like you did the crime(eating cooked) no you have to do the time(detox while getting back to health) i know it is really ahrd as i am still going through it...but it goes away and slows down..you just have to stick with it and keep it up.....good luck
love sachelle
xoxoxoxoxox

Date: March 19, 2007 08:32PM

thank you so much Sachelle. (I love your kisses and hugs at the end of all your posts by the way). Piles, yes its what i was discussing in the main forum. Its a swallen vein the size of a pea around my anus. I am not constipated at all and it doesnt even bother me when I go to the toilet. But otherwise its very painful specially when I sit down or get up. I was "allowing" it be but today I decided to put some cream o to sooth the pain and be more effective around my monday routine. Do you think I should not put cream on if I can help it?
Love, Rian
x

Date: March 20, 2007 05:37AM

HI there...well wow that sounds painful....i am sorry to hear that...i am not an expert and i am not a dr...so i can't give medical advise but i think if the cream is helping you then i think it is fine.....i would continue with the raw and see if it goes away because most say it does.....if not then i would probably see a dr...about having it removed or looked at at least...
well good luck and take care
love sachelle
xoxoxoxoxoxox

Date: March 20, 2007 09:36PM

Yeah, thanx it seems better today And I feel a lot better too! I did ny usual streching and I was able to do a position I have never been able to do before. I put it down to the diet, I am sure. Its a mental thing as well as a body thing. I had to eat out and they put some beans in my salad. I dont think they were raw but I dont know if I feel bad about it or not. I feel like some comfort food & I've been trying to just binge on raw... but I wish I didnt do it at all!

Posted by: oneSource ()
Date: March 21, 2007 02:17AM

Rian -
good to hear you are doing better. I think we were all a bit worried about you for a while there. Just stick with it. Don't get stuck in the emotional traps if you don't have to. You're doing great!!

Date: March 21, 2007 03:22AM

Hey there...glad to see you are doing well!!! awesome on the yoga room!! congrats keep up the good work........onesource is right we were worried about you!!!
keep it up and take care
love sachelle
xoxoxoxooxox

Date: March 21, 2007 04:01PM

wow!!!! guys that is so amazing!!! It means so much that you were keeping an eye on me!!!! well, I've got a long day at work today, but I realised when I got here that i had forgotten all my food, so I decided not to eat anything. The fisrt week was hard but I also enjoyed it in a way and now that I was "binging" on raw food, something didnt feel good. So I am a little light headed but I just had 2 apples so will help me get through the day. My skin has gone very dry, do you know why? anything I am doing wrong?

All my love,
Rian

Date: March 21, 2007 04:40PM

Rian -

Transformation isn't always easy and that's what you're going through! You are really dealing with yourself and most people are not willing to do that. so Congrats for taking it on!
Just have faith in the process and your body's ability to heal itself. if you went from meat cooked diet to raw there's probably a lot for your body to deal with in the process. Have you been sleeping a lot? Make sure you get a lot of rest and take care of yourself! Drink plenty of fluids and listen to your body ...

love and peace,
Aletha

Date: March 21, 2007 06:27PM

HI there...of course we were keeping an eye on you....we worry about eachother because that was supporters and friends do....help push you through when times get tough....congrats on staying raw today although you forgot your food..that is tough i know when you need something and haven't got anything...but you are amazing and doing so well...your body might need more hydration...drink more fluids and have a few juicy fruits....to keep your skin hydrated it should moisten back up soon......i noticed the first few weeks i was drier too though and not it isn't too bad..if it bothers you you can always use jojoba oil it is wonderful!!!
well have a great day and keep it up
love sachelle
xoxoxoxoxoxox

Date: March 22, 2007 07:54PM

HI! had a totally crazy day. If I told you all the things I had to do! survived on fruit most of the day, then had a leafy salad. I came back at 7pm, had to cook for my kids. My ex had left a wonderful piece of home made cheese cake for me... I havent touched it and wonder if I'll be strong enough not to. I wasnt really hungry but I really had to eat something, get "the old feeling back". So had massive cabbage and carrot salad. Ok. then I nibbled a some of the steamed broccoli my kids hadnt eaten. I am annoyed with myself, although I know I shoudnt...

Date: March 23, 2007 05:58AM

Hey there...wow that was nice of your ex haha you are probably one of the stories that stayed friends huh?? or least get along lol....anyways you didn't touch it...so if the worst you did was eat a little steamed broccoli you are fantastic!!! keep it up...you are doing great...and hey steamed broccoli or cheesecake hmm lets think about that haha....good job and keep it up!! yeah sometimes you arne't hungry but you are like i want this...or that...so you have to eat something....
congrats on your awesome day
love sachelle
xoxoxoxoxoxox

Date: March 23, 2007 09:39AM

Thank you so much. These post really help me going. I also carry my raw books with me in case I have 5 min to read (LOL) and I think I get support from them too.
I did have the cake in the end. and some of my favourite crunchy cereal, although I had it with pureed fruit. I did feel a little bad, but then I thought well, my first fall after nearly 2 weeks is not that bad. today I'll stay raw. I'm going to my 1st raw restaurant with my boyfriend!!!! he is not at all raw, but he's very supportive and I think if I did all the UNcooking once we live together, he'll go raw too.

lOve and gratitute to all those supporting me!!!!
Rian
xxx

Posted by: Diana (Cda) ()
Date: March 23, 2007 10:14AM

Very well done! I'm very impressed. Though I gave up meat cold-turkey and never felt a thing 17 years ago, the rest of the journey has not been as smooth. I've only actually been successful in last few short months. With my digestive problems, etc., I never seemed to find balance. But one small thing has done the trick that I'd like to share: GREEN!! I find that the only days I really do well are the days I start of with a homemade green juice and if I make sure I have a large green salad that day at some point. Even better when I can have two salads, though I rarely can manage that financially.

Greeens also truly bugger a lot of any detox effects, let me tell you! Why suffer if we don't have to?? I don't know about when one is just coming off cooked foods but I don't see why greens shouldn't still reduce most of the symptoms or minimize them as much as possible.

I learned this from Dr. Young's audio programs and then reading his books available at the library. He taught me that about greens acting as a buffer and this has really turned out to be the case. When I have green juice and greens I have no aches or pains, not that I'm having that many anymore <g>.

My dietary problems are now not related so much to what I'm eating but what I can afford to buy to eat any particular week. I'm a contract worker so money is always a damned issue. What with all the expensive stuff I feel I need to buy for my diet -- agave nectar, sprout bread, etc., etc. -- I'll have "problems" these days on the weeks that I couldn't buy everything I need. But I'm hoping that's not everyone's case here. This lifestyle is still cheaper than anything else. I also figure that as I regain health, I'll save on other health-related expenses, hopefully soon. I have some serious health concerns but since I'm feeling better my dangerous anemia, for example, is probably slowly disappearing so hopefully soon I can stop buying the damned expensive iron tablets, etc. <g>.

All I can say is that I wish I'd known earlier in the journey what I know now. And pls try greens and see if they work for you as well, too. The only problem is that doing this for a few days only doesn't seem to work. Like everything good in life, consistency is the key. But you'll probably be like me soon. When you miss a day, you get to the point when you can feel the difference!

Good, good luck! I wish you all the best. You're definitely on the right track, I can assure you. Life is so much better without cooked food! <g>

Date: March 23, 2007 10:35AM

Hi hun...wow congrats on getting your boy to go the raw food place with you!!! i am sure you will have a wonderful time...oh well so you had to cake persistance not perfection....smiling smiley you are doing so good keep up the awesomeness you are radiating....i know you will succeed....keep it up hun!!!
take care and have a glowing day!
love sachelle
xoxoxoxoxoxxo

Posted by: Dulset ()
Date: March 23, 2007 03:02PM

Congrats on diving fight in. You won't regret it.

I've been at this for about 5 months now. I try not get down on myself too hard if I eat unhealthy stuff occasionally and remember that this takes a while.

Cooperating and communicating with my body is very is hard sometimes but is very rewarding on many levels and I hope you too find your way to vibrant 100% health!

Date: March 23, 2007 04:23PM

Diana -
I get what you're saying about money being an issue. I worry about that too. today I'm going to look online at prices for various raw things I can't get at the store to help me stay on track (nut butters esp.) But yeah, I always sya, 'you can't put a price on your health" since eating healthy has always been a priority for me, I try not to sweat it. And since I don't have health insurance, this is my best insurance right now till I can afford it. [I'm also lucky to be surrounded by knowledgeable healers though].
I agree about the greens too. I had a similar problem with colitis for years and the thing that helped me get healthy was blending greens [even powdered] and psyllium and flax with a smooothie every morning. that helps balance the water content of the colon and I still do it to theis day. I'm not to the point of eating a lot of greens though, I want to be where I crave the greens instead of other things. I know its a process so I'm putting more green smoothies in my diet.
Rian - you're doing awesome don't feel bad b about the cheesecake or the broccoli. keep rockin'

Date: March 23, 2007 08:20PM

hey there...welll said onesource....you can't put an amount on good health that is so the truth...before i would skip days without eating and be fine cuz i wanted to save money but now i buy the foods i need to stay raw and stick with it...i guess i don't have the same problem cuz i don't buy any of the proccessed stuff in the raw diet...like the nut butters,agave,honey ect...all that stuff i try to stay clear of.....but awesome for you if it helps you you know??? whatever works for you is what i say listen to your body...sometimes my body will say you know you need something else an di will have an avocado...so sometimes i have fat in my diet too.....good luck and hopefully you find some wonerful prices online!!
love sachelle
xoxoxoxoxoxoxox

Date: March 24, 2007 11:19PM

thank you, thank you, thank you, all of you!!! well, the first week I went & bought a lot of veg, spent too much money... and it nearly all went to waste! now I realise that my body does crave spinach leaves more than anything, so I make myself at least one big salad a day with a little bit of the other veg & nuts. Even then I notice I still eat the leaves before I eat the avocado bits or the other. The raw restaurant was great although my boyfriend thought there were many weirdos! I have had a few little not cooked things but I am firmly on the raw diet!!!
Love,
Rian

Date: March 24, 2007 11:22PM

thank you, thank you, thank you, all of you!!!
well, the first week I went & bought a lot of veg, spent too much money... and it nearly all went to waste! now I realise that my body does crave spinach leaves more than anything, so I make myself at least one big salad a day with a little bit of the other veg & nuts. Even then I notice I still eat the leaves before I eat the avocado bits or the other. The raw restaurant was great although my boyfriend thought there were many weirdos! I have had a few little not cooked things but I am firmly on the raw diet!!!
Love,
Rian

Date: March 24, 2007 11:26PM

soz about the repeat message guys, i made a mistake with the buttons. And sorry to hear about your monetary problems, Diana. I wish I could help you. but stay positive dear, at least if you can.

One thing I struggle with is the social pressure not to go raw. I am supposed to attend all kind of posh events and to say I cant eat this or that will be awkard. I dont know how to reslve that one. Any ideas?

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: March 25, 2007 12:24AM

i find its easier to say nothing at all .. the more attention i bring to what i do the more i seem to invite negative energy .. so i just eat what i want and if anyone has anything to say about it i just say im "allergic to *insert food here* lol i know a little dishonest but it just seems to be a waste of energy fighting

Pages: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables