Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5
Re: Colonics.. they are BAD FOR YOU. Anyone agree???????
Posted by: rawgosia ()
Date: August 08, 2006 11:33PM

Hi Star,

The realization of the importance of healthy flora was once a breakthrough for me too. I remember reading reports of various long-living people, from various sources, and noticing a common factor in several of these stories: the inclusion of fermented foods in their diet. In my first year of raw, making saurkraut or other fermented foods was my routine. My son, not raw at that time, used to suffer from bad breath, a sign that his internal flora was not quite right. I once made an experiment and gave him a supermarket-bought fermented drink for two weeks, twice a day, and his bad breath completely disappeared! I was amazed. Unfortunately, the effect did not last. As I could not afford relying on bought stuff, I fed him home-made stuff. In the meantime, the % of raw in the diet of my kids grew higher and higher. Fermented foods gradually and spontaneously disappeared from our life. Recently, my kids went completely raw. My son's breath is nice and fruity! Healthy flora? In his diet!

Sincerely,
Gosia

RawGosia channel
RawGosia streams

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/08/2006 11:34PM by rawgosia.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: happyway ()
Date: August 17, 2006 07:12AM

My 2 sense...
...Dr. Joel Fuhrman said he never saw mucoid plaque when doing autopsies in Medical school.
...and...
...Richard Anderson makes a living selling very expensive colon cleasing products.

Time and a place for everything....
Sometimes i feel better after throwing up or a bout of diarreha....
...And dogs and cats will eat grass to make themselves throw up...
but no animal,is into regular enamas, colonics, etc.
Time and a place for everything....
I'm looking forward to a short fast soon,
many animals do fast, in both health and disease.

...i would guess that something builds up in the colon when we eat a poor diet,
but that it is more like a thin callous, and/or a little extra liquid mucus.
Babies don't drink hot liquids, but adults can because the inside of the mouth has become calloused (but no "rubbery mucoid plaque" is found there)--after a fast the dead skin is removed from the inside of the mouth and tongue and hot liquids burn again-but also nutrition is more easily assimilated, because the gut is also fresher.

....Once again it would seem that reality is simple and that because fasting is exceedingly difficult for most people, very time consuming, and potentially dangerous, AND also very hard to MARKET--that both "authorities"/ cleanse-peddlers and health-seekers are more into colonics and cleanses, than fasting, which is actually far superior.

Poor diet also stretches and lenghtens the colon (and disgusting "pockets" may also form), obviously fasting is the fastest way to correct this.

Posted by: rawmark ()
Date: August 17, 2006 01:14PM

Happyway,

I've heard that as well but I'm guessing he also didn't know what he was looking at either. Remember, doctors don't think mucoid plaque exists yet the can look at an x-ray or catscan and see clogging formations in the colon and think nothing of it. Mucoid plaque lines and expands the colon so I don't understand how Dr. Fuhrman could look at a sickly colon and not see mucoid plaque unless he didn't know what he was looking at at the time.

Peace,

Marcos

Go Vegan for your life, your health, the planet and, most importantly, the animals that we share this wonderful world with!

Posted by: rawgosia ()
Date: August 17, 2006 11:41PM

happyway, I think that you are making a very good point. I am hoping to explore fasting. I haven't got great epxerience in this (never went beyond a few days), and feel a bit hesitant (I love eating lol!). Thanks for encouragement.

Gosia

RawGosia channel
RawGosia streams

Re: the mucoid plaque myth
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: November 28, 2006 04:13AM

I have had colonics and I have decided that you can do without them. There are side effects to colonics, you know what I mean if you have had even one.

Your body is made to cleanse itself, I feel you shouldn't need an invasive procedure to help nature along. Adjust your eating patterns! Drink water first thing out of bed to help bowel movements.

Just my thoughts...

Pages: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables