Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

rebounder
Posted by: flipperjan ()
Date: October 30, 2008 10:31AM

Does anyone here use one? Particularly if you are in England as it might make a difference as to what brand is available.

How do you find it - fun, useful? I run a lot but think the family would benefit from this type of exercise as apparently it is good fun - and I would use it as a cross trainer on my days off.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: rebounder
Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: October 30, 2008 11:37AM

I like the rebounder because its easy on the knees and is ready to use 24/7 in a dry, warm, and secure environment.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: October 30, 2008 12:11PM

I have used one,but dont anymore.
It leaves me with a weird feeling when I get off of one.
Like the floor is "super hard" or something.
Difficult to explain.

I just walk,and lift weights.

Brian

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/30/2008 12:11PM by Raw1228.

Posted by: Lillianswan ()
Date: October 30, 2008 02:53PM

As far as different brands goes, Bellicon, a German-made one claims to be the "Porshe of rebounders" and they show a pic comparing their huge springs to regular springs:
[www.qibounding.com]

Posted by: LikeItOrNot ()
Date: October 30, 2008 03:00PM

I have a Needak. Even in the US you can only really get one online. Those things they sell in Walmart aren't going to cut it.

Date: October 30, 2008 06:05PM

I actually purchased one of Bellicon rebounders and didnt like it very much the bounce was too soft and felt like i was allways sinking too much in the middle. I ended returning it and getting this one from needak. Rebounder. So far it has been great! The springs make a little noise when you jump on it but other than that no complaints smiling smiley

I use it all the time, usually a couple times a day.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/30/2008 06:07PM by bradpage.

Date: October 30, 2008 08:36PM

Thanks

The Bellicon is way beyond my price range but I have learnt a good bit more from the web site

Posted by: ksmanthey ()
Date: October 30, 2008 09:29PM

I never really understood why these were good. My mom had one when I was a kid, is it just exercise? I understand it moves lymph, but all impact movement does that, right?

Date: October 30, 2008 10:21PM

Its supposed to move lymph fluid really well because the lymph fluid is pulled first one way and then the other way with a zero gravity condition occurring between each direction change.

Posted by: sunshazza ()
Date: October 31, 2008 03:17PM

A rebounder is one of the most effective exercises as it not only get the lymphs fluid flowing smoothly around your body, but in turn improves the blood circulation and heart rate excelerating at a rate to promote good bodily function if done regularly.

This is excellent aid to effective weight loss as the actions consumes up a lot of energy. I find that I lose too much weight if I rebound for more than 10 minutes a day.

It's handy if you live in a cold climate and don't want to go for walks and runs outside. Rebounder works all parts of the body much like swimming or running but without the need for those like me who don't want to be going out all the time.

If you live in England there are so many places you can get a good cheap little rebounder. I got mine from Argos for £20 about 3 years ago and I am very happy with it.

Posted by: SurfinBird ()
Date: October 31, 2008 07:24PM

Hmm. I think I would continually be hitting my head on the ceiling trying to use one of these in my apartment?

Date: October 31, 2008 07:33PM

I put a sign on my rebounder so that the first thing in the morning i read

'SHAKE WELL BEFORE USING' to start my day.

Posted by: RawSun ()
Date: October 31, 2008 09:39PM

We use one, it's my parents old one from the 70s and it works perfectly fine. My husband is 6'2" and he uses it inside without hitting the ceiling!

It's fun, doesn't hurt the joints like running can and the perfect exercise on a cold and blistery day.

Sunflower
Raw Food Chef and Writer
Comfortably Raw
[www.comfortablyraw.com]

Posted by: cocoa_nibs ()
Date: October 31, 2008 09:41PM

You guys are turning me on to rebounders!

Posted by: life101 ()
Date: November 01, 2008 01:00AM

I paid quite a bit for a Needak. I used it at first but then found that I was aching as my hips and back are not in alignment. So, I don't use it. It's supposed to be great for the lymphatic system which is why I bought one but it's not worth going insane with swelling and pain because I'm misaligned. I like walking better as my bones aren't jarred by a surface that bounces.

If one has proper bone alignment, it should be fine.

Date: November 01, 2008 03:33AM

Just found this article which is kind of interesting, I wonder if its true?

[www.irebounder.com]

Date: November 01, 2008 06:42AM

I think it should just be used for running and light jumping, heavy jumping causes the spinal column to compress, IMHO.

I wonder how rebounding would compare to swinging as far as lymph gland movement? You seem to go through the same alternating g-forces and weightlessness that you get with rebounding. I think that rocking chairs must move the lymph glands a little too, so if couch potatoes became rocking potatoes would they get as fat?

Date: November 01, 2008 07:31AM

@Lillianswan: lol Great post i love it time to get a rocking chair! smiling smiley

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: November 01, 2008 09:10AM

i think a rebounder would bore me to pieces

same ole same ole jumping up and down

forget it

that's why i like dancing

lots o moves

more creative
never get bored

great exercise

other stuff

can be just as good

i don't like machines

for exercise

so many of them

you would htink that the machine made u

and if u had no machines

u couldn't get anything done

also lots of eastern exercises

u name it

they exist

and no machine dependence

i know i will get a lot of flak for this

i am prepared

bring it

enlighten me

Date: November 01, 2008 04:36PM

The many and varied things that you can do on a rebounder are only limited by your imagination. I should think just jumping up and down might well be very boring for some people.

Date: November 02, 2008 02:37AM

I like to put a scenery video on the TV and jog on the rebounder.

Posted by: meganbubbs ()
Date: November 02, 2008 08:02PM

does anyone besides me call a rebounder a trampoline?

Date: November 03, 2008 02:46PM

meganbubbs Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> does anyone besides me call a rebounder a
> trampoline?

If you're still calling it a trampoline it's probably because you haven't learned the differences yet. Trampolines are usually referred to kids toys.

Date: November 03, 2008 02:49PM

SurfinBird Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hmm. I think I would continually be hitting my
> head on the ceiling trying to use one of these in
> my apartment?

Nah. Unless you go crazy like a kid making the effort to jump higher and higher. I recently moved to somewhere with low ceilings. I can touch my ceiling..with all 5 fingers without shoes on. And suprisingly, I can still rebound pretty decently. I just can't go as high/hard as I did when I had high ceilings.

Date: November 03, 2008 04:47PM

I watch "You Are What You Eat" with Gillian McKeith on BBC America, and on the show they call it a "trampette" (spelling?) :-)

Date: November 03, 2008 09:48PM

I call the small living room size rebounder a rebounder and the big outdoors sized trampoline a trampoline.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables